No Nitrogen Bonus from Soybean

dogwalker1

No Nitrogen Bonus from Soybean

Post by dogwalker1 »

Just harvested my first soybean crop with Precision Farming & Seasons. The soybean crop did not consume any nitrogen (fine, as expected) but I thought it was actually supposed to add 40 to the field - either when you harvest or plow/cultivate afterwards, not 100% sure there but no difference, after harvesting the soybean then cultivating the nitrogen level is exactly what it was when I planted the soybean (60). Where's the +40? Did I misunderstand how it works?
juf.de

Re: No Nitrogen Bonus from Soybean

Post by juf.de »

So it seems, as it's the same for me.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
dogwalker1

Re: No Nitrogen Bonus from Soybean

Post by dogwalker1 »

Hmm, well, I'm glad it's not just me I guess, but that's too bad - it sounded like a nice idea to have a second form of fertilizer crop in the game in addition to oilseed radish. Perhaps it's a bug in the current version of PF. Or perhaps they decided soybean was overbuffed and removed the fertilizing effect... I didn't try cultivating it into the soil instead of harvesting it, the way you do with oilseed radish, but if that were how it works there'd be no point bothering with it as it would accomplish nothing more than oilseed but cost more in seed.

Soybean is still a worthwhile crop as it pays well and requires no fertilizer, it's just a bit less interesting than it sounded.