Can we get vr suport and/or RTX?

jongaming17

Can we get vr suport and/or RTX?

Post by jongaming17 »

It would be so cool to play this game in vr, yes i know there might be mods out there but an official solution would be safer and more stable.
And rtx is just pretty cool and i feel like because the engine has become so good it would greatly bennefitt RTX, and it would look beautifull.

Please add these two things<3
DEERE317

Re: Can we get vr suport and/or RTX?

Post by DEERE317 »

I expect that there's still not enough market and GIANTS has accomplished a pretty decent looking engine with FS19 and presumably FS22.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Better textures would make a more noticeable difference.
GodfleshNL

Post by GodfleshNL »

A decent engine???

Sorry to burst your bubble but the game engine of FS is pretty bad.

It is not very optimized, lighting is pretty bad, physics are horrible, the game engine cant handle DENTS in tractors, when you drive through a puddle of water there is no rippling in the water etc etc and to have a decent framerate you have to have a pretty powerfull pc...to name a few things.

If you want an example of good game engine look at GTA or the Frostbite engine of Battlefield.

I am a 47 yearold gamer and I know a bad game engine when I see one.

If you want a good laugh...put your tractor in a meadow with your cows and watch the cows walk through / climb over your tractor. Yeah..it is a very realistic game. lol
aklein

Post by aklein »

Maybe with FS22 moving to DX12 as I believe there is a variant of DX12 that can facilitate some aspects of ray tracing and with the latest consoles supporting it then maybe some aspect of it might be possible at some point but with PS4 and Xbox One support I doubt it.

So GodfleshNL as an equivalent old gamer I am curious what games you know of that have such a dynamic environment as Farm Sim. In GTA does the grass literally grow and can it be cut, collected and something done with it just to grow back? Can you place buildings in GTA and then interact with them? Can you remove buildings, deform the land maybe take some empty land and make it into your own what ever?

Frostpunk, Does the game map change to your desires? What if you chose to not play it as a city builder style game but instead wanted build an amusement park. Can you do that?

Battlefield, I have never played it and I assume from the very basic information I have that its somewhat open world in that you can go just about anywhere but does the environment change? Could I take battlefield and build a historical representation of a French village in the 1950's?

There have been threads here before where people try to compare other open world games to Farm sim and say why cant farmsim look like or behave like or use XYZ engine.

As a player of games not a game developer I have zero idea if Unreal Engine can do X or Havok can do Y or what ever other engines there are out there. The point is just about every game someone wants to try to compare Farm Sim to and say why cant Farm sim be more like X would mean that farm sim would become more limiting. Lets take Cattle & Crops the closest thing there is to Farm Sim that I know of. Yes there the new kid on the block but there is 1 map. From what I have been told by players of CNC there is no way to change the map. The fam is the farm and thats what you get. The fields are placed where the fields are and the shape they are. There is no changing them. Can you remove trees? Can you plant new trees?

The point is that every square inch of a Farm Sim map could be changeable by the player. Look at No Mans Land as a perfect example it has very minimal buildings pre placed a dealer, a sell point, an animal dealer and a fuel pump. The rest of the map is there for the player to make their own world.

Name a game that you can do that in. convert a 2kmx2km square of rolling hills and grassland and forests and give it to 100 players and in the end you have 100 unique creations.

Are there things that could be better. Sure, only Giants knows what they hope to bring in FS22 at this point.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

GodfleshNL wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:53 am A decent engine???

It is not very optimized, lighting is pretty bad, physics are horrible, the game engine cant handle DENTS in tractors, when you drive through a puddle of water there is no rippling in the water etc etc and to have a decent framerate you have to have a pretty powerfull pc...to name a few things.

If you want an example of good game engine look at GTA or the Frostbite engine of Battlefield.

If you want a good laugh...put your tractor in a meadow with your cows and watch the cows walk through / climb over your tractor. Yeah..it is a very realistic game. lol
Features =/= good or bad engine.
And the graphics engine is good, just GIANTS have about the worst possible settings in existence for it.
And all of the optimization stuff. :lol:
An i5-9400f and what I assume was an underperforming (as it’s now dead) GTX1660ti are not high end/powerful. I was able to crank settings up to max, and still hold 60fps, and on my old Medicine Creek Farms save 20-40fps was fine (and that save is a resource intensive computing nightmare) and my system still has reserves (and I’ve not OC’ed anything)
Heck my Pentium Silver N5000 and UHD605 can make the game load (now that’s not really easily playable but it runs)
Heck the PS4 and Xbox One originals can run it decent (and they’re far from powerful)
Playing games doesn’t make one an expert on how the code base works.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
tcap023

Post by tcap023 »

I agree this game in VR would be really good as long as they can keep the framerate high enough... Could you imagine walking around your farm and fields in VR it would be really cool.
Platform=PC
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

tcap023 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:53 pm I agree this game in VR would be really good as long as they can keep the framerate high enough... Could you imagine walking around your farm and fields in VR it would be really cool.
Until you accidentally walk IRL... :lol:
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

aklein wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:38 pm Maybe with FS22 moving to DX12 as I believe there is a variant of DX12 that can facilitate some aspects of ray tracing and with the latest consoles supporting it then maybe some aspect of it might be possible at some point but with PS4 and Xbox One support I doubt it.

So GodfleshNL as an equivalent old gamer I am curious what games you know of that have such a dynamic environment as Farm Sim. In GTA does the grass literally grow and can it be cut, collected and something done with it just to grow back? Can you place buildings in GTA and then interact with them? Can you remove buildings, deform the land maybe take some empty land and make it into your own what ever?

Frostpunk, Does the game map change to your desires? What if you chose to not play it as a city builder style game but instead wanted build an amusement park. Can you do that?

Battlefield, I have never played it and I assume from the very basic information I have that its somewhat open world in that you can go just about anywhere but does the environment change? Could I take battlefield and build a historical representation of a French village in the 1950's?

There have been threads here before where people try to compare other open world games to Farm sim and say why cant farmsim look like or behave like or use XYZ engine.

As a player of games not a game developer I have zero idea if Unreal Engine can do X or Havok can do Y or what ever other engines there are out there. The point is just about every game someone wants to try to compare Farm Sim to and say why cant Farm sim be more like X would mean that farm sim would become more limiting. Lets take Command and Conquer the closest thing there is to Farm Sim that I know of. Yes there the new kid on the block but there is 1 map. From what I have been told by players of Command and Conquer there is no way to change the map. The fam is the farm and thats what you get. The fields are placed where the fields are and the shape they are. There is no changing them. Can you remove trees? Can you plant new trees?

The point is that every square inch of a Farm Sim map could be changeable by the player. Look at No Mans Land as a perfect example it has very minimal buildings pre placed a dealer, a sell point, an animal dealer and a fuel pump. The rest of the map is there for the player to make their own world.

Name a game that you can do that in. convert a 2kmx2km square of rolling hills and grassland and forests and give it to 100 players and in the end you have 100 unique creations.

Are there things that could be better. Sure, only Giants knows what they hope to bring in FS22 at this point.
Exactly this. Also in one of the podcasts they discussed why they use the Giants engine. For one, its theirs so they can make whatever adjustments or changes to it they want to. And two, no other engine does the things that the Giants engine does
Playing on PC and PS4
GodfleshNL

Post by GodfleshNL »

Giants use their own engine because it is cheaper than to license another engine.

I am not saying the game looks bad, I am saying that game still has a lot of improvements ahead of it which could be added to make the game better / more realistic....but it depends if the game engine can handle it...which I seriously doubt.
Farmer BarleyMow

Post by Farmer BarleyMow »

GodfleshNL wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:53 am A decent engine???

Comparing Giants with Rockstar is ridiculous!
Rockstar's budget compared to Giants. Rockstar's number of staff compared to Giants. The gulf between the two companies is so far apart it's laughable to try & compare.

As to the game engine.
Have you made a game using Giants engine? I'll take a stab in the dark & say No! How can you know the limitations of the game engine?

Just for the record this is my 45th year of playing video games & I have a few more years on the clock age wise compared to you. I can take a guess if a game is not optimized as well as it could be, or if there is a memory leak etc. That is the extent of my knowledge. For me to say that Giants game engine isn't good enough would be nothing more than an uneducated guess.
I'm not being a white knight for Giants here. I also have things that I don't like about Giants as a company & the game but they also got a lot of things right too.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

GodfleshNL wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:56 am Giants use their own engine because it is cheaper than to license another engine.

I am not saying the game looks bad, I am saying that game still has a lot of improvements ahead of it which could be added to make the game better / more realistic....but it depends if the game engine can handle it...which I seriously doubt.
Cheaper than a different engine? :lol:
Otherwise why is Unity and the one I forget the name of so popular even for AAA? Because it’s cheaper to not have a home brew game engine, but for FS there is no game engine capable of handling feature set and mass of data like GIANTS engine. TSW2020 is a decent example of an overworked game engine. Enough stuff to make Unity (or the other one I forget the name) convert even high end systems into slideshows.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

GodfleshNL wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:56 am Giants use their own engine because it is cheaper than to license another engine.

That's a hell of an assumption.

You appear to have issues with the graphics capabilities of the engine. There's a lot more to an engine than shiny graphics. The nice looking army game engines were written for nice looking army games. A character running around with a gun triggering pre-rendered effects for making things blow up is a completely different kettle of fish to farming a field with a 10 ton tractor with real time suspension component physics.

Which is why most simulation titles, like Farm Sim, iRacing etc use their own custom engine.

Back to the OP, RTX is unlikely unless the minimum requirements get bumped significantly. I'd wager most FS players are on low end hardware.
GodfleshNL

Post by GodfleshNL »

A gameengine can be used for several gametypes, it depends what it csn handle like I ssid before...for example the Frostbitr engine is used for:

-Fifa
-Need for speed
-Mass effect
-Command an conquer (was csncelled)
-Madden
-Plants Vs zombies
-Dragon age inquisition

So for example a ww2 engine in your words...is not restricted to ww2 shooters.

I am not saying the game looks bad.. I am saying the current gameengine lacks a few things I would like to see in the game...

My first pc was a 486 DX2 (which I bought so I could play Doom) and before that I owned an Amigs 1200 and befor that an Amiga 500 and before that a Philips G7000...so I doubt "your gaming experience" is lot longer than mine.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

GodfleshNL wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:00 pm A gameengine can be used for several gametypes, it depends what it csn handle like I ssid before...for example the Frostbitr engine is used for:

-Fifa
-Need for speed
-Mass effect
-Command an conquer (was csncelled)
-Madden
-Plants Vs zombies
-Dragon age inquisition

So for example a ww2 engine in your words...is not restricted to ww2 shooters.

I am not saying the game looks bad.. I am saying the current gameengine lacks a few things I would like to see in the game...

My first pc was a 486 DX2 (which I bought so I could play Doom) and before that I owned an Amigs 1200 and befor that an Amiga 500 and before that a Philips G7000...so I doubt "your gaming experience" is lot longer than mine.
The thing about "gaming experience" is that it's not at all the same as "game development experience" which is what is really needed to understand the differing requirements of games from the coding side.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads