John Deere paint wear

lawm

John Deere paint wear

Post by lawm »

Just to clarify.....does absolutely every piece of JD units in game not deteriorate? I have the chisel plow and used on a large field....washed it and looks brand new. I kind of hope JD relents on that aspect.....may just be me but kind of takes from the realism aspect and makes me resist using the implements as much. Tractors dont get chipped up as fast if taken care of but a plows not returning to shed in same shape as it left when new.
DEERE317

Re: John Deere paint wear

Post by DEERE317 »

Playing with seasons?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
lawm

Post by lawm »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:42 am Playing with seasons?
Serious response.....does it matter? I cant remember if I was on seasons when I washed it
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

I have a 4955, 4850, and 4440. They all look faded and paint is chipping after less than a year of use. If whatever chisel plough you’re usIng looks brand new after very long use, I’m going to suggest it’s mod-specific.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

lawm wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:53 am
DEERE317 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:42 am Playing with seasons?
Serious response.....does it matter? I cant remember if I was on seasons when I washed it
Yes.
Seasons makes the repair cycle 30hrs and the paint wear cycle 35-40 (it’s longer than the repair cycle) so if it was seasons usually a few hours of use doesn’t show.
Now when I put 100hrs on an 8370R and 7310R I notice the stupid expensive paint bills... :lol:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
lawm

Post by lawm »

Sounds good. I thought I read long ago that JD did not wear at all and;apparently I have not used long enough lol. Thanks folks!
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

It has nothing to do with JD. The vanilla JD tractors wear down like any other brand. If a mod doesn't wear down, the modder made it this way. You can change the rate of wear for each vehicle/implement separately in the xml. The look of the wear is also mod specific but can't be changed that easy.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

My 9RX is in bad need of a paint job.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Is it that long ago I have played without seasons - I seem to remember that paint wear only is a thing in seasons and not in the vanilla game? :confusednew:
Or at least the option to both repair and paint..
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

I remember in FS17 there was a mod tractor, it was either a Catapiller or a JVC and all the paint came off within five days, it was stupid, so I stopped using it, yet It was a well-made model! all that just to fall down at the end with such a good model, beggers believe!
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

JensChrDK wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:40 pm Is it that long ago I have played without seasons - I seem to remember that paint wear only is a thing in seasons and not in the vanilla game? :confusednew:
It wears in both vanilla and seasons. But seasons allows you to repaint and repair separately.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

fenixguy wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:12 pm
JensChrDK wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:40 pm Is it that long ago I have played without seasons - I seem to remember that paint wear only is a thing in seasons and not in the vanilla game? :confusednew:
It wears in both vanilla and seasons. But seasons allows you to repaint and repair separately.
Yeah alright, so it get's repainted when you repair in vanilla :hi:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I've got a JD 200 seedbed finisher that is in need of a paint job.

What irks me is when it goes the other way, I have 3 items (Vstruk PT 281, Lode King tandem and International Transtar) that I can repaint, and within an hour it looks like I never did anything to it.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
lawm

Post by lawm »

Bryan83 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:26 pm I've got a JD 200 seedbed finisher that is in need of a paint job.

What irks me is when it goes the other way, I have 3 items (Vstruk PT 281, Lode King tandem and International Transtar) that I can repaint, and within an hour it looks like I never did anything to it.
Agreed. Too overdone on a few. I didnt realize the transtar had that issue too dang it lol
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I’ve noticed some mods loose paint within a few hours and then plateau on wear until past roughly 30 and then wear a bunch more.