Save game crashing on start

tom1979

Save game crashing on start

Post by tom1979 »

I’ve got a strange problem in that sometimes my save game crashes after its loaded and I click on Start. The screen freezes and nothing happens. The solution appears to be to delete the Gamesettings file and then it will load again after this.

What should I be looking for in the log file to try and identify the cause?
DEERE317

Re: Save game crashing on start

Post by DEERE317 »

Try posting the log.txt on here.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

It's worth deleting log.txt then try loading the savegame -- cuts down on the mass of irrelevant text,
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
tom1979

Post by tom1979 »

It seems to be just Marwell Manor Farm that is having issues, it must be a mod that's interfering. I do seem to regularly get a crash if I start a new save game (any map) with Seasons active. I have to start the map, save the game then go back and activate Seasons for some reason.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

The log.txt is the best place to find the troublesome mod. Look for anything that's throwing an error.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
aklein

Post by aklein »

Tom, what you are describing is classic to many 'height types'. A height type is a fill type that allow tip to ground. So just about any crop, fertilizer, seed, lime, etc. If you play with seasons that adds snow, salt and semidry grass, if you play with straw harvest that adds hay and straw pellets, etc. There is a fixed number of height types allowed per map. This value is set in the map for mod maps so if you have mods that add tip to ground fill types then you could find yourself over that limit and thus causes the game to crash.

The issue was so prevalent early on after seasons and straw harvest that seasons was updated to include a little text about the issue if the limit as reached. This then lead many to the false idea that seasons was not compatible with the map where as really its just that seasons was the only mod nice enough to actually tell the player what was going on. As others have said the log might give you an idea of what is going on. Maybe you have a script file that is tossing tons of lua errors and crashing the game.

You seem to have tracked something down to the additional settings mod maybe you where trying to enable that auto start feature or something else. I use the additional settings mod myself but I found some of those features that affected the startup of the game caused undesirable results for me so I make sure not to mess with those.
tom1979

Post by tom1979 »

aklein wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:04 pm Tom, what you are describing is classic to many 'height types'. A height type is a fill type that allow tip to ground. So just about any crop, fertilizer, seed, lime, etc. If you play with seasons that adds snow, salt and semidry grass, if you play with straw harvest that adds hay and straw pellets, etc. There is a fixed number of height types allowed per map. This value is set in the map for mod maps so if you have mods that add tip to ground fill types then you could find yourself over that limit and thus causes the game to crash.

The issue was so prevalent early on after seasons and straw harvest that seasons was updated to include a little text about the issue if the limit as reached. This then lead many to the false idea that seasons was not compatible with the map where as really its just that seasons was the only mod nice enough to actually tell the player what was going on. As others have said the log might give you an idea of what is going on. Maybe you have a script file that is tossing tons of lua errors and crashing the game.

You seem to have tracked something down to the additional settings mod maybe you where trying to enable that auto start feature or something else. I use the additional settings mod myself but I found some of those features that affected the startup of the game caused undesirable results for me so I make sure not to mess with those.
Thanks, I wasn't aware of an Additional Settings mod so I'll take a look.