Poplar Harvest

Bovrinox

Poplar Harvest

Post by Bovrinox »

Hi chaps,
Does anyone know of a tractor mounted forage header for harvesting poplar? Something like the MEX5?
If not, could any one tell me how to add poplar as a fruit for said attachment? I have been trying to mod this myself but I cant get it to work, any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Bov
RED_Smith

Re: Poplar Harvest

Post by RED_Smith »

It looks like the mod you were looking for was done in FS17 but nobody has updated it for FS19
Lygge

Post by Lygge »

did you mean how you harvest the Poplar?
Playing at PC via Origin
Bovrinox

Post by Bovrinox »

RED_Smith wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:27 pm It looks like the mod you were looking for was done in FS17 but nobody has updated it for FS19
Ah i see, wonder if i could copy that one and make it work on fs19, or at least get an insight on how they did it.
Lygge wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:02 pm did you mean how you harvest the Poplar?
Yeah, i was hoping i could have something like the straw chopper thats mounted on the tractor as a cheaper alternative to using a forage harvester, as i cant be bothered handling such a large number of bales haha
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Biobaler and Variable bale capacity?
Or is there any autoload trailers for them?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Eische

Post by Eische »

I'm using the Poettinger Mex 5 for poplar harvest.
But I can't remember, if/what I changed.

I have attached my current xml file for the Mex 5. You can try it out by replacing your game defaults file with this one. Please make sure to make a copy of your original file before replacing it.

If you find out the differences, please post it here so others know it as well.
Attachments
mex5.xml
(11.92 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

Myself, I just collect them as chips and sell them loose. I also bought the forage harvester. I run an IT runner bulk cargo top on a Ponsse Elephant King HKL trailer. I needed that trailer for the extendable pole to hook up behind my harvester. I also use this to store them until I'm ready to sell. https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=140314 In Ground Storage mod. it has 500,000L capacity, a digital display on each end. Great for small quantities of Poplar chips. I run 2 fields that produce about 250,000L each. It's a great setup for me. The original planting was a pain, but now it is just real easy. Hit it with liquid fert once or twice and wait for harvest. Gives me plenty of time to concentrate on my other crops.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Eische wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:50 pm I'm using the Poettinger Mex 5 for poplar harvest.

I have attached my current xml file for the Mex 5. You can try it out by replacing your game defaults file with this one. Please make sure to make a copy of your original file before replacing it.

This is the line that's changed / people need to change

You add poplar into fruitTypes

Code: Select all

<cutter allowsForageGrowthState="true" fruitTypes="poplar maize" fruitTypeConverter="forageHarvester">
search for cutter, add poplar either before maize or after it (make sure to put a space between the two fruit types)

original line will look like this:

<cutter allowsForageGrowthState="true" fruitTypes="maize" fruitTypeConverter="forageHarvester">
Bovrinox

Post by Bovrinox »

Hi chaps,
Thanks for all the response.

The original line i have in the Mex5.xml is

<cutter allowsForageGrowthState="true" fruitTypeCategories="maizeCutter" fruitTypeConverter="forageHarvester">

I added poplar in like this:

<cutter allowsForageGrowthState="true" fruitTypeCategories="maizeCutter poplar" fruitTypeConverter="forageHarvester">

Also added it to the store description bit. Unfortunately it didnt work on poplar still, although it does display that it does in the store page.

I then changed the line for the one you have, and it works!
So somewhere along the line they have changed the way tools work in some way, not sure why. That must be why I couldn't get it to work my self, i tried the same method on a mod, the Mex6, because i didnt want to edit a vanilla file, with no luck.

Still, bottom line is its working just how I want it to, thanks a lot!
Happy Harvesting
Bov
Eische

Post by Eische »

Bovrinox wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:32 pm Hi chaps,
Thanks for all the response.

The original line i have in the Mex5.xml is

<cutter allowsForageGrowthState="true" fruitTypeCategories="maizeCutter" fruitTypeConverter="forageHarvester">

I added poplar in like this:

<cutter allowsForageGrowthState="true" fruitTypeCategories="maizeCutter poplar" fruitTypeConverter="forageHarvester">

Also added it to the store description bit. Unfortunately it didnt work on poplar still, although it does display that it does in the store page.

I then changed the line for the one you have, and it works!
So somewhere along the line they have changed the way tools work in some way, not sure why. That must be why I couldn't get it to work my self, i tried the same method on a mod, the Mex6, because i didnt want to edit a vanilla file, with no luck.

Still, bottom line is its working just how I want it to, thanks a lot!
Happy Harvesting
Bov
You can't add a crop type into the fruittype category parameter.
You need to replace

fruitTypeCategories="maizeCutter poplar"
with

fruitTypes="poplar maize"

Thanks to theSeb to follow up on this.
I had not searched hard enough, obviously :confusednew:
theSeb wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:08 pm
Eische wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:50 pm I'm using the Poettinger Mex 5 for poplar harvest.

This is the line that's changed / people need to change

You add poplar into fruitTypes

<cutter allowsForageGrowthState="true" fruitTypes="poplar maize" fruitTypeConverter="forageHarvester">
search for cutter, add poplar either before maize or after it (make sure to put a space between the two fruit types)

original line will look like this:

<cutter allowsForageGrowthState="true" fruitTypes="maize" fruitTypeConverter="forageHarvester">
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker