Fs19 is superior in most aspects but for one crucial thing

Cokey

Fs19 is superior in most aspects but for one crucial thing

Post by Cokey »

I think i have finally put my finger on the one thing i really miss about fs17 compared to fs19. ATMOSPHERE. Dont get me wrong fs19 has improved over 17 in most ways. More vehicles and implements, more mods, more detailed maps, more to do but the one thing i think it really loses out on is the feeling of immersion. Using seasons on 17, a miserable rainy day really felt like a miserable rainy day. Those autumnal fogs where you could barely see your hand in front of your face. Those beautiful sunny days where all you could see is brilliant blue skies. Those stunning sunrises and sunsets. In 19 a sunny day barely looks any different to a storm. You get a small circle over your head thats sort of pale grey but then less than a mile away its washed out blue. Thats the main area that i think has regressed along with the colour pallettes. Ive been soley on fs19 for a while to try to get more into it but do you know what, i went back on the west coast on 17 today and as soon as i went back on i smiled. It just feels more 'real', to me anyway. So if i could have the perfect game for me it would be all of fs19s mods and physics, bendable crops, detail and improved animal husbandry but with the weather and colours of fs17. And one other thing i immediately noticed, the edges between the roads and fields on 17 are far better than 19
FarmerDan72

Re: Fs19 is superior in most aspects but for one crucial thing

Post by FarmerDan72 »

Yeah I miss the sky from 17 too. I miss the sound of driving on gravel roads from 17 as well.
PS4
Amberlight

Post by Amberlight »

Agree with you both, the skies are terrible. Improved with seasons but still poor. Hopefully they will make an effort to improve them in the next game. They haven't got much to beat.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Full sun shadows during a raging thunder storm.
Jlf85

Post by Jlf85 »

Just to throw in my 2 cents as my son was playing 17 last night--I believe the sound overall is better in 17--the machines, driving on gravel as someone said etc, but especially the machines!
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

The lights on tractors were better in FS 17 too
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
ChiefContractor

Post by ChiefContractor »

Modding was easier too
Hello! I'm a PC gamer now! Care to join my server for Realistic and Fun Farming simulator 19 multiplayer?
If so, click here -> https://discord.gg/KnEzWm32tF