Issue with Kverneland DLC?

Kekegenkai

Issue with Kverneland DLC?

Post by Kekegenkai »

So I've had the kverneland dlc for a while and I've used some of the equipment in the pack. But I haven't used the fastbale till today. And I'm having a really annoying issue with it. So the normal working speed says its 18kph. But mine won't go past 12kph at the most, but is mainly staying around the 7kph mark. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue? I've tried it with 2 different tractors. One a mod and one an in game fendt. And they both had quite a bit more than the recommended power. And the only thing I changed on the baler was the tyres. So I'm not sure if that would make a difference. Anyway if anyone else has had this issue and knows how to resolve it. That would be awesome

Edit don_apple: post moved from german section into new topic in english section.
Luftkopf

Re: Issue with Kverneland DLC?

Post by Luftkopf »

This is actually a much argued about feature. I believe the Fastbale controls the speed of the tractor to keep itself feeding at a relatively constant rate, so it doesn't have to stop to eject a bale before it can continue. I have seen mine run faster when picking up low-yield windrows, and a lot slower when picking up high-yield windrows.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Yeah, the bigger the swath, the slower the bailing. As it would be in real life. It needs to prossess the material it's picking up, and as Luftkopf says, it will slow down the tractor to make sure it can operate continually.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
aklein

Post by aklein »

This is a realistic function of the baler. The more you put into it the slower it tells the tractor to go to maintain the non stop baling feature. If you want to go faster have smaller windrows. In the end your processing the field in about the same amount of time. If you go faster you make more passes if you go slower you make less passes but in both ways you never stop moving compared to a regular round baler.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Agree with the above. Small swathes it'll happily do the full 20kph. Barley swathe from a Case 9240's 45ft/13.7m header ... and it's 13-14kph.

Double set of grass clippings for silage ... I've seen 4kph. :lol:

150hp is plenty to pull it, unless there's a big hill.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

The fastbale speed is regulated so that the tractor never stops meaning that it is something like:

Speed = min (constant / (windrow density * wrapping time), 20)

This means that as windrow density increases, speed decreases. If the wrapping speed or constant could be modified, then the baler would go faster. The constant I think is based off the prebale chamber (3000) and not the bale capacity because the variable bale capacity mod does not change the speed of the baler. Stop go balers with wrappers can be speed up with variable bale capacity because they don't have to stop as often, nor wait on the wrapper to finish.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Luftkopf wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:47 am This is actually a much argued about feature. I believe the Fastbale controls the speed of the tractor to keep itself feeding at a relatively constant rate, so it doesn't have to stop to eject a bale before it can continue. I have seen mine run faster when picking up low-yield windrows, and a lot slower when picking up high-yield windrows.
:this:

And the only people who don’t like it apparently haven’t figured out that it’s the only way to bale without stopping as the wrapper is a bottle neck.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

Kekegenkai wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:46 am
Welcome to the forums.
As other friends wrote here, this is how the baler supposed to work. If you are on PC I would like to suggest you a mod, the Adjust Working Speed, so you can increase the baler's speed from 18 km/h to 25 km/h, and with this way you will get an average speed around 15-18 km/h, with 12 km/h to be the minimum speed for big swaths.

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

EURO_FARMER wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:49 am
Kekegenkai wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:46 am
Welcome to the forums.
As other friends wrote here, this is how the baler supposed to work. If you are on PC I would like to suggest you a mod, the Adjust Working Speed, so you can increase the baler's speed from 18 km/h to 25 km/h, and with this way you will get an average speed around 15-18 km/h, with 12 km/h to be the minimum speed for big swaths.

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
Don’t think that would affect anything unless it speeds up the wrapper.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:08 am
It does :)
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

giants didn't seem to add this sort of realism before the straw harvest 19 mod released. Now players complain giants ignores its players.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:14 pm giants didn't seem to add this sort of realism before the straw harvest 19 mod released. Now players complain giants ignores its players.
I expect it’s less for realism and more so to make the fastbale be a non stop baler.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:14 pm giants didn't seem to add this sort of realism before the straw harvest 19 mod released.
I think the first step was with the Claas dlc as the vehicle physics seem much more noticeable especially when it come to harvesters and foragers where the hp to header size makes a big difference. From my perspective i hope this is the way they are heading.