Question about the Ponsse Scorpion King - MRF Edition

Balsafer

Question about the Ponsse Scorpion King - MRF Edition

Post by Balsafer »

I was wondering if it can cut and trim the trees with larger branches?
RED_Smith

Re: Question about the Ponsse Scorpion King - MRF Edition

Post by RED_Smith »

The quick answer is no. The Scorpion King will not do it.

If you want to take down the trees with the big branches then you will need to use a chainsaw. I have taken down several, so I will warn you about what I call "Phantom Limb Syndrome." I found that there was a high chance that even though you limbed the tree, and had to cut the big branches to load on to your transport that the game will still think that there is a limb you missed. This limb may cause you trouble driving to the mill, hitting a light pole, building, the road itself, and cause your truck to get stuck. Myself I just fought with it to get it to the mill. My theory for doing this was if the game thinks there is more tree there, then I will get paid for more tree.

They are worth money but are more work. They can provide some much needed money for you in the early game. After that I wouldn't bother unless they are in the way for whatever your plans are.

I will also tell you that you can't replant them unless you download the mod to let you buy them as decorative.
RED_Smith

Re: Question about the Ponsse Scorpion King - MRF Edition

Post by RED_Smith »

The differences in the Scorpion MRF and the standard Scorpion are simple enough. The MRF is cheaper. It allows you to select your cut length in 0.5m increments all the way to 25m. There is also the option to rotate the cutting head from vertical (cutting down trees) to horizontal (allowing you to cut the logs out of trees that have already been cut down either by hand or with a buncher). You also get a better color palette.