Help with forestry

Balsafer

Help with forestry

Post by Balsafer »

I got a planter and sapling sees loaded the seeds on the planter but when I go to plant no trees get planted just the machine animation for digging, what am I doing wrong?
DEERE317

Re: Help with forestry

Post by DEERE317 »

Own the land? Lowered it?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Is it limited to fields? Idk if that only applies to poplars or if it's both poplar and sapplings
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Balsafer

Post by Balsafer »

DEERE317 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:11 pm Own the land? Lowered it?
I own the land but it had trees prior that i cut down not all but a chunk of it i cleared including stumps. And yes I lowered it hence the digging animation.
Balsafer

Post by Balsafer »

DMZ Commander wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:29 am Is it limited to fields? Idk if that only applies to poplars or if it's both poplar and sapplings
That is what Im wondering but I read that I do not need to plow prior to planting. I'm Using the Griffin indiana map
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

I can tell you from working standard maps that you do not need to plow before planting. I have even planted on exposed ledge with no problem. You can plant on the headlands with no issues. The standard in game Damcon 75 planter works fine for planting tree saplings (load with saplings, lower planter, turn on planter and go. The Damcon 75 plants a single row spacing them about 5-6 meters apart. They appear as tiny slivers of silver and you can drive right thru them for the first day. After that you can't. You do have to own the land to plant. If you are close to the property boundary having this issue then it is likely that the boundary line is the issue, and your trees may be on the wrong side of it. If you are having the issue in the middle of the field then it may come back to an item count issue. The game does have a limit on the number of trees that can be on it. If that is the case it should have given you a message saying you need to remove some more trees first. Custom maps with alot of trees have written an over ride command in to allow them to exceed the game limit, but it doesn't cover planting trees. So it will not let you plant a single tree until you get the tree count back down below the standard game limit. Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with the Griffin map for any quirks it may have.

There is also a Damcon 75X planter mod, but the difference is that it changes the spacing between trees to 3-4 meters.

Hope there is some useful information in here for you.
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

I just tried looking up the base game tree count limit. The only reference I could find put the count between 1,650- 1,700 trees. If there is someone who has different and or better information please post it. I would like an accurate number.
ScarredSoul13

Post by ScarredSoul13 »

If you have the Placeable Sell Points by Loki_79 that may be the issue as it was preventing the tree planter from actually planting saplings. He just came out with an update last Thursday that fixes it. So you may need to update that.