Italia demo Version (Console) - Amazing Map!

Paco_86

Re: Italia demo Version (Console) - Amazing Map!

Post by Paco_86 »

Is season compatible?
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
suniboy

Post by suniboy »

Doc3d wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:55 pm
I was thinking the same thing. From a quality standpoint, I havent seen any other map even close to this. It’s like mr. Couch-Potatoe running a 100m dash against Bolt. Nobody is even close yet. I do have hopes that Oxy’s new (so far unreleased) map might at least make the 100m look like it’s with a professional against Bolt (and to be fair, he has lost once or twice... when about the age of 12😜😊)
How anyone can rate this lower than 5 stars is beyond me, and frankly just confirms that the rating system is utterly broken.

If realism is your thing, nothing and nobody comes close. Of course, smallish fields and Italian landscape might not be your thing, and that’s fair, but that shouldn’t reflect your rating of it, in my humble opinion
I don't particularly agree with you about the rating. It's not perfect but it's far from utterly broken IMO. In general, once enough number of rates are given it reflecs the overall quality of the mod reasonably well. People determine the "quality" based on various criteria and detail is just one of them. I gave it 3 because it looks unfinished and is overly taxing. It stutters heavily at several locations. I know that the authors put enormous amount of effort into making this map and I really appreciate that but the rate is another thing. I'll change mine once these issues get sorted out.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I think the reason the map looks "unfinished" is that so much of it had to be removed for the modhub version compared to the version you get from the modders own website.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I agree that the ratings should reflect the player experience. I’m on the pc version (not the demo version from the mod hub) so that map might have more issues than I’ve experienced. Either way, of course I agree that you give it a fair rating based on your experience.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I no longer pay any attention to a mods rating as in my opinion people don't use it fairly for example someone who likes big wide open maps would probably rate a small compact map lower than it may deserve just because it doesn't suit there playstyle.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

norfolk farmer wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:03 pm I no longer pay any attention to a mods rating as in my opinion people don't use it fairly for example someone who likes big wide open maps would probably rate a small compact map lower than it may deserve just because it doesn't suit there playstyle.
I agree fully. I don’t pay any attention to ratings either, but it irks me that the system is broken.

Anyway, please try the pc version of this map if you are able to, it’s one of the few really remarkable ones out there (in my opinion of course)
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Doc3d wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:26 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:03 pm I no longer pay any attention to a mods rating as in my opinion people don't use it fairly for example someone who likes big wide open maps would probably rate a small compact map lower than it may deserve just because it doesn't suit there playstyle.
I agree fully. I don’t pay any attention to ratings either, but it irks me that the system is broken.

Anyway, please try the pc version of this map if you are able to, it’s one of the few really remarkable ones out there (in my opinion of course)
i have the non modhub version it's much much better than the scaled down modhub release.
JusGSi

Post by JusGSi »

Is field 1 broken on console?
I've harvested the wheat from it but can't do anything else with the field, can't plow it, fertilise or seed it. I also don't get any field info come up for it.
PS4 not running seasons or precision farming.

Edit: The only way I can get this field to work, was to set the plow to 'create field' and create the field again.
Check out my YouTube Channel - Cleft Lip Gamer - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjiZK9 ... abJliHggaw
jmin23

Post by jmin23 »

Seems broken I've tried it on PS5/PS4 with Seasons (Italian Central Geo) and precision farming and field 1 does not allow precision farming analyses and does not allow you to cultivate it either.
I did however manage to cultivate field 19 via a contract.
I hope there is a console update soon as the map itself looks fabulous. I will not rate it yet - potentially 5 stars, but only 1 if left broken...
JusGSi

Post by JusGSi »

The map is fantastic, I love the layout and the views. Just stunning....but it does come with errors.

I've found another issue in that I can't borrow equipment for a harvesting contract because there is no room for the equipment at the shop, even though the forecourt is completely empty.
Check out my YouTube Channel - Cleft Lip Gamer - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjiZK9 ... abJliHggaw
thecaveman991

Post by thecaveman991 »

Console review - Beautifully crafted map that needs some attention to functionality. Can confirm that Field 1 is an issue as reported earlier, lag spikes all over the place. Contract equipment in Store yard an issue. How good is a map if you cannot play ??? Form will never override functionality - there needs to be a good blend of the two as can be seen on the 5 star mod-hub maps- which is not broken but reflects an average of all user reflections.

1 Star from me
LuRcHiSbAkEd

Post by LuRcHiSbAkEd »

Paco_86 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:34 pm
Doc3d wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:26 pm I have used PF on the map with no major issues. F01 right next to the smallest farm works for me in PF. I did have F03-05 show up as one field, but no other issues I have encountered. There are small bugs, but nothing that takes away the sheer skill this shows and effort it must have been. I’ve seen maps with Much bigger issues get praises by all and 5 stars.
The map is amazing but it no runs well with precision farming and that's a bad thing 😔
It works fine with precision farming for me on Xbox1 , yeah I had to plow and "create new fields" on Field #1 to get workers on it but no big deal.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

JusGSi wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:50 pm The map is fantastic, I love the layout and the views. Just stunning....but it does come with errors.

I've found another issue in that I can't borrow equipment for a harvesting contract because there is no room for the equipment at the shop, even though the forecourt is completely empty.
Very beautiful map, but this issue needs fixed because there's not much equipment to start and you need to be able to do contracts to get going... Hopefully in another update.
JamP

Post by JamP »

Has anyone seen, read or heard if we have an update on this map?
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
JamP

Post by JamP »

The update has arrived but we do not yet have the main farm and the cow corral. Deleting.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server