Adjusting milk production or prices

tom1979

Adjusting milk production or prices

Post by tom1979 »

Would anyone know if there is a way to reduce the milk production rate or reduce the milk prices? Reason I ask is it seems too easy to make a lot of money with milk, even on hard economy. I am running Seasons if that makes a difference, but I cannot find any settings anywhere.
kahfs

Re: Adjusting milk production or prices

Post by kahfs »

You could look into the xml files for selling stations on the map you play and there find the priceScale for milk. Reduce it to a number lower than one. 0.6 would give you 60% of the normal price. However, if you change a mod/map, you may get into issues if you play multiplayer games. Also note that modhub will think you need an update to a mod if the date and time stamp doesn't match.

<fillType name="milk" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false" />
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
tom1979

Post by tom1979 »

Thanks, I didn't even think to look in the sell points as I run the animal pen extension which as the milk contractor in it
Eische

Post by Eische »

If you play with Seasons, the milk production rate is meant to be realistic. Personally I would not change this.
Depending on the geo file you are using, check the economy.xml. In there, you can adjust on how several goods are varying in price throughout the year.

Changing the selling stations is one way.
But while you are looking at the maps xml files, check the map.xml to see which filltypes.xml it is using. The base prices are all in this file. Some maps using the games default one, other maps are using their own version.
The price you see in those files is the baseline for hard economy. Multipliers are used on normal (1.8) and easy (3) economy to increase the price level.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker