Trying to add a fill type to the combine.

keeganleach

Trying to add a fill type to the combine.

Post by keeganleach »

I am trying to add the grass_windrow filltype to the combine and I keep coming up empty of getting it to be right. What am I doing wrong. I have change it in the fill type fruit type and even combined to both fill types so I am covering all bases.
quintto

Re: Trying to add a fill type to the combine.

Post by quintto »

did you also add the grass filltype to the header?
keeganleach

Post by keeganleach »

quintto wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:36 pm did you also add the grass filltype to the header?
I put grass in all of the lines in the filltypes .XML. The combine has been able to cut grass but never fills up in the combine.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

I am not a map maker, but in each map there is a file called map_fruitTypes.xml, fruitTypes.xml or similar name. It has a fruitTypeCategories section where it is specified what crops are accepted by grain headers, maize headers and other implements. You may have to edit this file. There are maps out there where you can harvest grass seed with a combine. I can't remember the names of these maps, sorry. But I would search for inspiration in these maps.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I am not sure I have seen a map where normal grass can be done this way. On the farming agency maps you can use a combine to harvest fieldgrass not regular grass. Maybe have a look on one of them to see how it is implemented.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:21 pm I am not sure I have seen a map where normal grass can be done this way. On the farming agency maps you can use a combine to harvest fieldgrass not regular grass. Maybe have a look on one of them to see how it is implemented.
Yes, Norfolk is right. Grass seed harvesting is done with a special sort of grass.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)