RealLifeNumbers Mod - Contracting Business

tom1979

RealLifeNumbers Mod - Contracting Business

Post by tom1979 »

So in my quest for more realism I found the mod Real Life Numbers. I have only used it for a few days, but so far it seems very good. One of the things it says it does is allows for the setup of a decent contracting business. However it seems there are still only a few contracts available. On a map the size of Greenwich Valley I'd like to see 20-30+ contracts available.

"With this script the user can set up a farming contractor service and
*** the income from farming with high level contracting jobs using
your own equipment.

This is different from the concept of "missions", where a person will go around
and do odd jobs for a farmer, using the farmers equipment.

Contract (mission) earnings is split into the following components:

Start fee
Labour
Vehicle use cost
Farm service

All parameters are set in RealLifeNumbersInitalization.lua
"

I have been through all the settings and I cannot see anything about the number of contracts available. It may be outside the scope of the mod, but if anyone has experience with this I'd appreciate some advice.
kahfs

Re: RealLifeNumbers Mod - Contracting Business

Post by kahfs »

Hi there,
RealLifeNumbers does not generate missions. The only objective for the script regarding contracting was to adjust the reward toward levels comparable to real life. With the mod, the user can have more detailed control of reward parameters and it becomes more interesting to set up a role play, where you have a farming contractor agency. There are mods that will generate contract jobs.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
tom1979

Re: RealLifeNumbers Mod - Contracting Business

Post by tom1979 »

This was a pointless effort anyway as the field definitions on Greenwich Valley are not setup (much like Marwell Manor Farm was) meaning even if there were more contracts the pay would be very little! Since finding this out I have found numerous other posts about it but clearly nothing is going to be done now! It is a shame as the map is otherwise excellent.

The Real Life Numbers mod is fantastic!