"Meh" (Or whatever word all the cool kids are using these days to express lack of interest)

The Real Justin

"Meh" (Or whatever word all the cool kids are using these days to express lack of interest)

Post by The Real Justin »

Looking at the screen shots that are supposed to be from FS22, I see: Perfectly straight North/South (or East/West) disc lines just as we've always had. If the ground or crop textures have changed, I can't tell. I see a John Deere 9r and a Massey Ferguson whatever model would fit right into FS17 or 19 just fine. On the two (very large and heavy) tractors I see tires that don't seem to show the least bit of deformation under the heavy load. Moreover, the tires STILL just appear to just ride weightless atop the soil. Any tractor tires I've ever seen the lugs (traction lugs, not the threaded lugs that hold the wheel to the hub) sink into softer ground. I wonder if we'll get the same plowing/plowed texture from current/previous games? It is the worst texture in the game. For me, this game is about machinery interacting with soil and crops first and foremost. I wish GIANTS could do better than giving the appearance of a die cast model tractor rolling along a hardwood floor painted to look like soil. "But seasons. But seasons. Wow seasons. Sea...." WE ALREADY HAVE SEASONS. FREE. On PC and console. Maybe GIANTS will surprise us. I've been wrong before many times. If this game (FS22) continues to look like what I've seen thus far, I can't think of any reason to spend what will no doubt exceed $60US. Lastly, in anticipation, let me make one thing perfectly clear. GIANTS hasn't "given" me jack rabbit. I exchanged a certain amount of currency for a game(s) in return (FS13,15,17,19). All of the "free stuff" you get is solely to sell more games and make more money. I'm all for GIANTS making more money. That's why anyone goes into any kind of business. But DON'T try to insinuate that GIANTS has "given" me or you anything. Goods paid for and goods received. Now is the time for GIANTS to put some of that money into their dadgum programming.
Doc3d

Re: "Meh" (Or whatever word all the cool kids are using these days to express lack of interest)

Post by Doc3d »

I somewhat agree in the lack of interest. I haven’t seen anything so far making me think ‘wow, I can’t wait to have this’. However, it is early days and many things might surface to justify buying, but as of right now, I understand the ‘meh’ attitude. Hopefully Giants comes through with enough reason to justify another purchase
Illinois Farmer

Re: "Meh" (Or whatever word all the cool kids are using these days to express lack of interest)

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Another one.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

My confirmation bias seems to be kicking in.
As for Seasonal Cycles, it's probably being included because a lot of people have been asking for Seasons to be in the base game.
The risk though, is the Seasons people have been asking for, and the Seasonal Cycle Giants is going to given them, is going to be vastly different.
I don't know if Giants has any other big selling points this time around, since JD has already been done.
All we can do is cross our fingers and wait. Wait for Let's Play videos after release to see if it's worth the purchase.
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

Do not forget about GPS. The way I see it, there should be no reason for it not to be included.
wrs

Post by wrs »

Agree with most points made here and I would like to raise some more,

AI or Intelligent workers or helpers. Are they actually going to work as they would in the real world this time or are we still going to have to rely on Courseplay to actually get workers working the way they should in the field? This turning on a grass margin around the outside of a field...Don't happen, does it?

Gearboxes??
Proper engine sounds and loads??
Tyres, Give us all the choices on every tractor please, Ie Wide, Narrow dual etc.
Loaders should be an option on every tractor too inc 300hp.

I could go on.
lawm

Post by lawm »

I'm sure I'll get *censored* into buying but not playing for the first year until the modders make it worth playing. Same thing happened when 19 came out....I purchased last week of November 2019. Hopefully the modders can get rolling sooner this version.

Edit: how is s u c k e r e d a censored word?
quintto

Post by quintto »

this happens with every release, Giants teases some screenshots and some new features of the next new game. People react with disinterest, but still buy the game because there is no real other alternative and you want to use the newest mods.

And I agree, the changes between games (I have been playing since fs13) are always fairly small; a little bit better physics, better graphics and a few features (But always less than mods added to the previous game)

FS is a franchise that has always depended on mods to add stuff that Giants was unable to make themselves, or left out to keep the game simple enough for kids.
which is why I was really exited for Crops and Cattle, finally a proper competitor (but it hasn't really delivered up until now it seems)

In the end the new game is always better than the old one, people make new mods for it to compensate for what Giants left out and we get a better game.

Thats why I tend to wait untill the necessary mods have come out before I buy a new FS game (think courseplay, some tractors with lots of features and other high details mods)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I don’t seem to remember large groups of people being disinterested or mad about any of the previous games until they were actually released. I don’t really think they have gotten far enough along or close enough to release to pull in the casual player to say much of anything yet and all you hear from are the hardcore year round fs players. I’m in agreement with the op to a point I’m not ready to say it looks good but hopefully a lot more is to come.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I think 19 left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. That's why some people (including myself) are pretty skeptical regarding a new release.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it, FS19 is just now getting good. I see no reason to stop playing it. I'll give the next one a while and see how it progresses. There is absolutely no reason to run out and buy it just because it has a different tractor on the cover.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
lawm

Post by lawm »

I would be very surprised if this version has many new features or eyeball goodies. I feel there will be a lot of compromise if they are making a version for The old consoles as well as the new ones. I don't think we will see a huge leap until it is strictly for new systems. It's like do I spend $60 now on something I may not like much more than what I have or I just not pay attention to any farm sim news or info until 2024. Or save for PC and be done worrying and fretting and feeling shirt changed lol
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Mwal wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:36 pm I don’t seem to remember large groups of people being disinterested or mad about any of the previous games until they were actually released. I don’t really think they have gotten far enough along or close enough to release to pull in the casual player to say much of anything yet and all you hear from are the hardcore year round fs players. I’m in agreement with the op to a point I’m not ready to say it looks good but hopefully a lot more is to come.
I must disagree. This cycle has been happening ever since I've been playing the game. I remember the same apathy, anger, outrage etc when FS 13 was about to be released.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Besides if they gave us everything we ever wanted why would we buy another game
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

theSeb wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:13 pm
I must disagree. This cycle has been happening ever since I've been playing the game. I remember the same apathy, anger, outrage etc when FS 13 was about to be released.
I dunno, from a lot of the modders I know or follow in the American community it seems the negativity has spread to many who have previously been overwhelmingly positive. I agree with fenixguy that the initial rollout of 19 seems to have left a bad taste in even some of the more faithful fs supporters
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Mwal wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:16 pm
theSeb wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:13 pm
I dunno, from a lot of the modders I know or follow in the American community it seems the negativity has spread to many who have previously been overwhelmingly positive. I agree with fenixguy that the initial rollout of 19 seems to have left a bad taste in even some of the more faithful fs supporters
Unfortunately fs-uk has closed down, otherwise I could have happily shown you tons of negativity from the past. It's a normal thing in pretty much every game. New version - bad, not different enough, too easy, too hard, too dumbed down, etc etc. It's just humanity being humanity