FS22 | custom animal pens

Voncarsteine

FS22 | custom animal pens

Post by Voncarsteine »

Can we get custom animal pens where we place a fence on a field and the game recognizes it as 'pen' . Max amount of animals depends on the area of the enclosure then. Then place the triggers where we want them. But mostly I'd like to be able to create my own cow and sheep fields with a fence
FarmerDan72

Re: FS22 | custom animal pens

Post by FarmerDan72 »

This is a great idea that I've hoped for as well. If I have a 20 acre field, why not plant grass in it, turn into a pasture and put a couple hundred sheep in it or whatever. The open pasture mod doesn't really fit the bill as the animals are still restricted to a very small area.
PS4
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

I think that would be a great addition to the game. Building on that would be the ability to graze animals on planted crops or stubble left after harvest. Provided you put a fence around it of course.
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Giants need to create a like button also lol
Guil

Post by Guil »

I asked for that and other things long ago when I was a mod and the answer was the forum software is too old and they won't pay for a new version of vbulletin
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Guil wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:59 am I asked for that and other things long ago when I was a mod and the answer was the forum software is too old and they won't pay for a new version of vbulletin
A virtual thumbs up for you for asking, and a virtual thumbs down for the bean counters at Giants :lol:
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

This request is on my top 5 as well ! Hope it will be implemented.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I was happy they added placeable pens. More customization would definitely be nice, even if we can choose where to place the troughs and loading/unloading zones.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Also get rid of the need to give animals water, just have it like real life where its piped to water troughs around the farm, yes I just hate having to refill the water troughs lol
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

This would be great, it's on my list too. Giants needs to make this happen.
And to add my twist to this; It would be cool if we could place the fenceposts in game, like load up a bunch of posts on your trailer and drive around the field and bonk'em down in the ground.
I know not everyone like to do stuff by hand, so maybe have both options available, placeable or in-game.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

This is something I've suggested at least twice on these forums (though just in existing future game threads) and once direct to GIANTS. Kind of like The Sims, but instead of placing furniture you're placing troughs and things.

The troughs, stables, milking parlours and so on I assume will be easy to implement, the difficult bit is adding a completely dynamic fence/wall/hedgerow boundary with gate(s), and a dynamic navmesh for the animals. Hopefully GIANTS are up for the challenge if not in FS22 then in FS25.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Guil wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:59 am I asked for that and other things long ago when I was a mod and the answer was the forum software is too old and they won't pay for a new version of vbulletin
It’s free and not vBulletin... :lol:
The forum software is phpBB a free and open source software package.
It’s says it numerous times in the FAQ of using phpBB.
app.php/help/faq
https://www.phpbb.com/

Edit: I like knowing random mostly useless stuff like that... :lol:
Last edited by DEERE317 on Tue May 18, 2021 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

A great idea and would save the need for finding somewhere flat to place the current animal pens , It would make a lot more sense than the current system
Guil

Post by Guil »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:01 pm
app.php/help/faq

Hmm, could have swore Giants said it was vBulletin before, was definitely told they were going to ask for new forum software
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Guil wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:02 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:01 pm
app.php/help/faq

Hmm, could have swore Giants said it was vBulletin before, was definitely told they were going to ask for new forum software
Who knows (shrug)
Would be nice having a like button and such, yet who knows what they’d break updating (another forum I’m on has a bunch of no longer existent images after a couple updates over the past years)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.