Hills on The Northern Coast

tom1979

Hills on The Northern Coast

Post by tom1979 »

Recently I have found The Northern Coast map and it's a great map. However, the hills! They are so steep. I normally play small equipment and build up, but even going straight to a 500hp Fendt I am struggling on some fields. Has anyone else experienced this and found a workaround? It feels like being on another planet with more gravity! Oakfield was pretty hilly but I never had anywhere near these issues.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Re: Hills on The Northern Coast

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Ya its hilly in parts but not so much that it cant be worked, my biggest tractor on that map is 270hp an I've no problems in any fields, yes they may struggle on some hills but then again that's just like real life, so all in all I'm happy with it, if you want a work around get the highest hp tractor you can an if that don't work you could always just go sideways on the hills haha
ctb123

Post by ctb123 »

Are you playing with any realism mods such as REA? If so, that could be a factor.
tom1979

Post by tom1979 »

ctb123 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:58 pm Are you playing with any realism mods such as REA? If so, that could be a factor.
I do normally, but even with that disabled it was pretty bad. I've gone down to some smaller equipment!
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

I should of mentioned I only use small equipment and mainly do grass work, only do about 40 to 50 acres of barley and wheat but that's on flatish fields with a 6m seeder so pulling wise it's not a struggle, I will say there is one or two fields on this map that a 6m may actually struggle on without huge hp, maybe those are the fields you're working :lol: :lol: :lol:
dogwalker1

Post by dogwalker1 »

Sort of stating the obvious... but with REA on hilly grounds the equipment is not up to I just work the field side to side instead of up and down the hill, to try and stay on an even forward grade, or else worst case just work the field uni-directionally (top to bottom only, driving back up via a firm surface on the side. These would definitely not be efficient ways of going about it on flatter ground of course, but are at least faster than crawling uphill at 2 kph for half the job. If that's the ground you've got to work with, well that's the added challenge & cost of farming difficult terrain...
tom1979

Post by tom1979 »

I’ve gone to some smaller equipment and upped the torque on the tractors that need it. All sorted now ! Thank you