Snow

mocahfarmer

Snow

Post by mocahfarmer »

Fairly new to the game, and have been building a cattle farm. I have a few questions regarding both the seasons and the cattle farm. I am playing on a PS4 pro, and am playing FS19.

I am on Flat lands for a map. I have downloaded what i believe to be the needed packs for the snow seasons. I waited the proper amount of time for the seasons to change and yet no snow. Is there anything from the flat lands map that would hinder this? or anything I may be doing wrong otherwise? Any help would be appreciated.

How does one unload the the trailer into the cowshed 3-3? I have tried to back into the various openings and or doors and the option to unload animals never pops up. I can unload my trailer at the pasture. But cant get them into the Shed.

Thank you for your help!
Mwal

Re: Snow

Post by Mwal »

Have you downloaded a geo? Or does the flatlands map have a built in one? If you are playing with seasons only I don’t think the standard seasons weather has regular or heavy snow.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

There is regular and heavy snow in base seasons. All weather has percentage probabilities. Just because it's winter doesn't mean you're gonna get a blizzard. If you play with 3 or 6 day seasons, in my experience, there isn't a high probability of snow due to the season being so short.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

I run 6 day season and usually have snow during winter.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
mocahfarmer

Post by mocahfarmer »

Mwal wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:32 pm Have you downloaded a geo? Or does the flatlands map have a built in one? If you are playing with seasons only I don’t think the standard seasons weather has regular or heavy snow.
What is Geo?
mocahfarmer

Post by mocahfarmer »

DMZ Commander wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:44 pm There is regular and heavy snow in base seasons. All weather has percentage probabilities. Just because it's winter doesn't mean you're gonna get a blizzard. If you play with 3 or 6 day seasons, in my experience, there isn't a high probability of snow due to the season being so short.
Ill keep that in mind, thank you
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

mocahfarmer wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:51 pm
Mwal wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:32 pm Have you downloaded a geo? Or does the flatlands map have a built in one? If you are playing with seasons only I don’t think the standard seasons weather has regular or heavy snow.
What is Geo?
a geo can change the weather as well as when you plant crops like this one https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019 it just depends on where you might want weather and seasons to be from for say there are a lot of different geo's out there.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Start with the Lowry Minnesota geo, that’s what I mean by heavy snow, you will start with snow cover if it’s working correctly. I played two seasons without a geo and got one snowfall that stayed on the ground. It may just be that I was unlucky but with geos like Lowry your going to get heavy snow almost certainly.