Compacting with Courseplay

tom1979

Compacting with Courseplay

Post by tom1979 »

I'm having some difficulty compacting with Courseplay. I'm using version 6.03.00056

I have looked at some tutorials on YouTube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNRnRTq142E

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40FDWBvFqKo

The latter being for FS17 although this does seem to work slightly better. The first one does sometimes work but rarely.

The problem I have is that eventually the AI just goes mental and ends up doing some really dumb stuff. Does anyone know of a better tutorial for this? Or can perhaps guide me a bit better? I am not sure what I am doing wrong as it should be pretty straightforward. I also wonder if it could be the map where maybe the map maker hasn't accurately defined the edges of the bunkers?
quintto

Re: Compacting with Courseplay

Post by quintto »

I always use the courseplay manuals on their website: https://courseplay.github.io/courseplay ... riveMode10 (I only just saw that the manual for mode 10 is pretty short, the others are way better)
some thing I've learned to make sure when running in mode 10 (compacting)

- make sure the blade width is set properly (however it's better for it to be too big than too small)
- make sure that the tractor has enough straight waypoint on front of the pit (in the middle width wise) for it to reach the sides
- and make sure to always run the latest release version (currently V6.04 which should be on modhub soon) https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay/releases

If it still fails, you can make a bug report on the github page, with your log.txt and some screenshots of the course

But keep in mind that even for me the compacting tractor sometimes still does some weird stuff like driving in circles in the pit

Edit: if I encounter problems I always first try to solve it by clicking the drive now button, which forces the tractor to drive to its waiting spot and other wise I stop the driver and start it again from the first waypoint (which you should always do with mode 10 and 9)
tom1979

Post by tom1979 »

I'm glad you mentioned about the manual as there were some key points I had missed in it (in bold below). I also didn't realise my version of CP was out of date! The only thing I have done differently which seems to still work is I came out of reverse mode before stopping the recording.

For this mode, there are 3 different options:

build up

leveling

compacting

The course for all 3 options, is the same.

You attach your tool at the back of your tractor and drive into the bunker. Stay within the first meter of the bunker, the tool points towards the inside of the bunker.

Start recording the course. The first Waypoint should be inside of the bunker. Drive straight out of the bunker to a save place where you driver can wait for other drivers to unload into the bunker. Place a wait point there and switch to reverse driveing. Then drive in reverse in front of the Bunker and stop the record. That's all.

For the option to build up, you should use a shield, that option is best used in a wedge silo.

For the option compacting, a roller should be used, while leveling can use a shield or a spreader like the Fliegl Duo from ModHub.
tom1979

Post by tom1979 »

I got it working nicely on The Northern Coast but Chellington, it does not work at all. Tractor is turning all over the place and just wants to drive over the wall! I've tried different tractors but it's as if it doesn't know the boundaries of the pit.
quintto

Post by quintto »

tom1979 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:42 pm I got it working nicely on The Northern Coast but Chellington, it does not work at all. Tractor is turning all over the place and just wants to drive over the wall! I've tried different tractors but it's as if it doesn't know the boundaries of the pit.
do you have some screenshots of the course (all waypoints) and the tractor freaking out, i can't help you with this information
tom1979

Post by tom1979 »

quintto wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:07 pm
tom1979 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:42 pm I got it working nicely on The Northern Coast but Chellington, it does not work at all. Tractor is turning all over the place and just wants to drive over the wall! I've tried different tractors but it's as if it doesn't know the boundaries of the pit.
do you have some screenshots of the course (all waypoints) and the tractor freaking out, i can't help you with this information
Yes, but I can't see how to upload an image. The method I use is as per the CP guide, and works on all other maps. On Chellington the vehicle goes to the wait point, comes back to the pit and then turns into the wall and continues to drive into the wall. I have tested with base-game vehicles too to try and eliminate CP not liking some tractors.

Has anyone at all used CP to compact silage on Chellington ?
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

tom1979 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:13 pm
Yes, but I can't see how to upload an image. The method I use is as per the CP guide, and works on all other maps. On Chellington the vehicle goes to the wait point, comes back to the pit and then turns into the wall and continues to drive into the wall. I have tested with base-game vehicles too to try and eliminate CP not liking some tractors.

viewtopic.php?f=852&t=88819
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
tom1979

Post by tom1979 »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:39 pm
tom1979 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:13 pm

viewtopic.php?f=852&t=88819
Thanks!
tom1979

Post by tom1979 »

So the method I use is as per the CP guide and works well on all other maps. The driver goes from the start point to the waiting point then reverses back to the pit and then turns sharply and drives into the wall.