Will heavy rain ruin my crop, ready to harvest.

Bob the painter

Will heavy rain ruin my crop, ready to harvest.

Post by Bob the painter »

Hi Guys
New to this fantastic game, learning as i go,£500,000 start from scratch, had 3 harvests, fine weather, But now field 2 is ready to harvest, But is thundering, lightning, very very frightening me. .Gali, layo.....lol its gone from yellow golden to not so yellow, and its only
06.30 AM, the field was green when i went to sleep ( game time ) last night, im gonna lose it, arnt I... iv put the setting back to Real time, hoping it would stop raining, and not race into disaster, can you sow, in the rain, also is there away of changing g a full seeder
ie Oats to soya.
Cheers.
FarmBoss

Re: Will heavy rain ruin my crop, ready to harvest.

Post by FarmBoss »

You could turn off crop withering if it isn't already too late.
Bob the painter

Post by Bob the painter »

Cheers m8, but as it happened, when the sun came out, it went to a dull but ready to harvest.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

As for changing seeds, there is a magical abra cadabra key combination that can change the seeds already in your planter to a different type of seed, depending on your platform.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

No.
It is almost impossible in the game to lose a crop or any value of it in the game.

The only possible way to lose a crop is to miss the comedically large harvesting window and it withers.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
aklein

Post by aklein »

ThatCanadianGuy wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 1:49 am No.
It is almost impossible in the game to lose a crop or any value of it in the game.

The only possible way to lose a crop is to miss the comedically large harvesting window and it withers.
I have to disagree on this. Maybe its been patched out of the game but early in FS19 when I was on Felsbrunn I lost an entire field because it went ready to harvest and I started harvesting but before I could get to far into the field rain came and even with crop growth set to slow the rain did not stop until after the field was in a withered state. Sure I suppose I could have turned off withering but then why even bother. If there isn't some level of risk its just going thru the motions.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

aklein wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:55 pm

I have to disagree on this. Maybe its been patched out of the game but early in FS19 when I was on Felsbrunn I lost an entire field because it went ready to harvest and I started harvesting but before I could get to far into the field rain came and even with crop growth set to slow the rain did not stop until after the field was in a withered state. Sure I suppose I could have turned off withering but then why even bother. If there isn't some level of risk its just going thru the motions.
To be fair when the game first came out you could have rain for days,i remember it raining 3 days straight on ravenport a few days after launch.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

That's why I said "almost", it is possible to get enough rain days that it pushes you past the end of the harvest cycle but in my experience that was because the crop was planted late then had a very small harvesting window. I think I have ever only lost 2 fields to weather delays.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

ThatCanadianGuy wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:14 pm

That's why I said "almost", it is possible to get enough rain days that it pushes you past the end of the harvest cycle but in my experience that was because the crop was planted late then had a very small harvesting window. I think I have ever only lost 2 fields to weather delays.
How can a crop be planted late without seasons?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.