Washed potatoes

Dan1979

Washed potatoes

Post by Dan1979 »

G’day all, I am currently playing on no mans land and have used the global company potato washer for the first time. I am unable to dump the washed or premium potatoes on the ground from anything, bucket or trailer. I can tip them in to anything els and sell them as normal just not on the ground. Is this normal?
If it is normal, is there a way to change it? I am hoping youse can help
norfolk farmer

Re: Washed potatoes

Post by norfolk farmer »

I would guess the map doesn't have enough height types in it to allow for it. Maybe finding a place silo/storage for them so you can wash and then store them until you want to sell could be a work around.
Pict

Post by Pict »

Dan1979 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:55 am G’day all, I am currently playing on no mans land and have used the global company potato washer for the first time. I am unable to dump the washed or premium potatoes on the ground from anything, bucket or trailer. I can tip them in to anything els and sell them as normal just not on the ground. Is this normal?
If it is normal, is there a way to change it? I am hoping youse can help
Sounds like the problem norfolk farmer mentioned.

A standard map is set up to allow a maximum of 32 different materials that can be tipped on the ground (called "height types"). Equally a standard map already accounts for 23 height types.

Every mod you add that adds height types reduces the total allowed.

Standard map = 23
Seasons 19 = 3
Maize Plus = 4
CCM Addon = 2
Straw Harvest = 2
Potato Washer = 2

The above combination wouldn't work on a standard map as it 36 out of a possible 32.

A handy feature of the Straw Harvest is that it has scrip built in that checks if there are enough height types to run everything correctly and it will either let the game start, or it will put up a dialog box and prevent the start.

Using this you can determine if you have too many height types with ease as Straw Harvest and Potato washer = 2. So just swap them out and test start your save game.

Important think to note is that if you are using the Straw Harvest all the height types you intend to use for the whole game need to be installed from the start. Otherwise there can be conflicts if you add them later, even if you have enough height types. When you dump lime it might look like straw for example.

===================

If you want to delve deeper and try to fix it, there are two good tutorials available, one in a post on this forum;

viewtopic.php?f=895&t=155894&p=1214604#p1214604

And another on YouTube;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLjk0MdIWfA

I've done this procedure with a few maps now and can say that if you read the first and watch the video then go through it step by step, it's relatively straight forward.

NB, the video explains things in more detail and is good if you haven't come across tools like the GRLE Converter and or the Giants editor before.

:hi:
=====================

Just a funny aside, why would you want to take the time to wash potatoes then dump them back on the ground anyway? :biggrin2:
Dan1979

Post by Dan1979 »

Thanks for the info was very helpful
Haha true, but Dumping them on the ground freed up a trailer and allows me to use conveyer belts and frees me up to do other things wile trailer is filling. otherwise I it takes 2 trailers and me to keep dumping them in the sorters. Could also be that I’m just a bit lazy with it. Lol I did think of putting them in a shed if possible