Insert idea to Damcon

Lygge

Insert idea to Damcon

Post by Lygge »

Hi! I use a lot of poplar planters in every year in my fields. After the old grass i plant the poplar. There goes sometime about 5 box of poplars seedling.
Could it be possible that the Damcon PL-75 add ridge makers facilitates the driving line. And I need unloader ( the I switch) on my Damcon too. It is easier to exchange to plant wood, there are a lot of poplar seedling in packet. You must not all to idea where to plant the reminder of set.
:gamer: :search:
Playing at PC via Origin
RED_Smith

Re: Insert idea to Damcon

Post by RED_Smith »

This is where GPS and course play mods would help. They also have a mod that lets you connect 3 Damcons into a single unit so you can plant 3 rows at a time. Not sure how much space between rows on that machine. I have not tried it yet.

Of course you could go the low tech route. Run a plow over the area you want to plant and use the row furrows as your guide.

I do not remember any problems unloading (Overloading) the planter.

I do have a question for you concerning your comment of using poplar every year. Why? If it is for your enjoyment, great, fine, I'll stop here. If you didn't know, poplar is not like the other crops (wheat, oat, Barley, etc) it regrows. Plant it once and that is it. All I do now is harvest and then apply it with fertilizer on occasion to maintain 100% fertilizer state. The last field I planted is going on 5 harvests now.

Once you get your Krone 9m header, for poplar, you will be in a very nice spot.

Keep having fun Lygge!
Lygge

Post by Lygge »

Hi! Greetings from the hols. We were a week holiday with our caravan. It was very empowering trip. The weather was great. Hiking, lot of swimming and fire food.
But you was answer me. That was interesting info about poplar, i didn’t know it would benefit from fertilization. It seems to be evergreen plant, whether to survive even winter? And will it ever grow into long tree. I mean possible would I get a tree from my alley?
The reason why i plant poplar every year is I use crop rotation. Poplar is last but one crops in the field. The last is oil-seed radish, it grows the last year and then i plow the field.

Maybe the mods gave the idea and slightly improve the planting machine.
Playing at PC via Origin
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

Glad to hear you had a great holiday Lygge! You will not get any trees out of poplar. To be honest I have not compared whether fertilizing the poplars helps production, but it works on the other crops and it doesn't take much so I just do it. I sometimes think when I see a row of poplars that if I had the time and talent I could make a great hedge maze out of them. I also think they could make excellent field borders if you want to make some smaller fields.

As you already know, planting poplar takes a lot of time. I have also noticed that the planter also has a tendency to skip a spot once in a while. You probably have too. It is frustrating to spend all that time planting one row at a time and then have to go back and try to fill in the skips. I do not think I would have continued a poplar crop if I had to keep planting after each harvest. Especially if I had to keep using that Damcon 75 planter. Then I found that Great Plains modded planter YP2425a and my smiles only increased. I can use it to plant my normal crops and thanks to adub modding giants who created this mod, I can just change it, like my other crops, to plant my poplar field or sugar cane. If you are planting poplar with crop rotation, I would like to recommend that you try it. The ability to plant poplar the same way you plant wheat or barley is a great feeling.

http://www.farmingsimulator19mods.com/s ... v2-0-fs19/

Happy Farming Lygge!