Courseplay and semi-mounted plow

vovovo

Courseplay and semi-mounted plow

Post by vovovo »

Hey,
So i'm having problems when i'm trying to let the coursplay plow with semi-mounted (i hope, it's correct term in english) plows. When the worker gets to the end of the field and tries to turn around, it all gets messy. Worker is trying to turn around the way it should when using mounted plow, but with semi-mounted it trips over itself, reverses itself to the plow and eventually gets stuck. Is there any specific way to set course correctly, or is it that courseplay can't tell the differences between mounted and semi-mounted plows?
ThatCanadianGuy

Re: Courseplay and semi-mounted plow

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

CP doesn't know what you are pulling, just that it is x wide.
I rarely use a plow of any kind so I can't say exactly but a coule things you can try;
If you have room at the ends turn off "turn on field", that way it will turn around outside the field and shouldn't back up.
us a spiral pattern for the center rather than up and down, it won't turn around so sharp
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Phila

Post by Phila »

Afraid is standard problem with CP for anything semi mounted and long . Ditto articulated tractors so an articulated tractor and plough ...! Try big headlands and/ or the ‘lands’ option in CP set up. (Lands or beds should be used for one way ploughs away as in real life but defeats RL point of reversible ploughs). And plough up and down first (as in RL).

Even then it might struggle with corners of head lands . In RL some outfits with really big ploughs and tight fields have a smaller plougb and tractor to finish off headlands behind a beast - though we might view that as cheating :)
quintto

Post by quintto »

I should work, but if you're using a modded plough, you might have to add some line in the Vehicleconfigurations.xml in the courseplay zipfile. but don't ask me what you should change ....
maybe try making an issue over at https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay/issues so the developers of courseplay can have a look at your issue and help you out
vovovo

Post by vovovo »

Thanks guys. *thumbsup* Just as i thought, courseplay simply does not know, it's dealing with semi mounted plow
pvaiko

Post by pvaiko »

You can have your own configuration file under modsSettings/Courseplay/vehicleConfigurations.xml, no need to change the zip file. You probably need to set the implementWheelAlwaysOnGround for those plows, or you can disable reversing with noReverse. See the instructions at the beginning of the file https://github.com/Courseplay/coursepla ... ations.xml
vovovo

Post by vovovo »

Thank you! It works!