FS 19 Durango map - water issue

Ghiby

FS 19 Durango map - water issue

Post by Ghiby »

Hi all,

I'm using on a PC FS 19, the Durango map https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

it's a great map, quadruple in size 4x bigger than regular and I love it, really, it's a great map, well done and I'm prepping a savefile for a multiplayer server. - I've already sunk in over 30-40 hrs. on this map only, just playing around and setting it up with a base startup farm for multiplayer

there is just one thing that bothers me on the map, I can't get water from a body of water, like a river, lake, or pond, that are available on the map - if I bring any water tanker close by a river/lake/pond I don't get the fill trigger

I've tried with my usual mods - basically seasons and some extra equipment - and I've tried with no mods enabled, so just basic vanilla, not even precision farming, the same thing, I can't get any water in a water tank from a body of water

so is it from the map by design..??.. if yes, can I fix it, or adjust it..??.. if yes, please tell me how to do it, where to go and what should I do...

mainly prepping for a multiplayer game server, I'd like for the players to be able to get water from any nearby river/lake/pond on the map

thank you
Lygge

Re: FS 19 Durango map - water issue

Post by Lygge »

I answer you, when someone say something it may cheer readers. I don't have an actual answer to your problem, I have play Durango since 2019. It is really gorgeous map. I founded two wells during these years, and they are not dry wells. This won´t help you much. I hope some of the creators comes to the rescue. But I just wish you sunny days in the lovely Durango. *thumbsup*
Playing at PC via Origin
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Have you tired pulling into the water? I want to say that a tanker has to actually be in the water.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
drfarmer

Post by drfarmer »

I managed to work around this issue a couple of ways. First was to add a water tank in the northwestern corner of the map in the empty yard nearby water.

The second option I used was to do a little smoothing of the river bank in the southwestern corner of the map just south of the bridge. I then used an IT Runner trailer and tanker and would back the trailer to the river then extend the tanker into the water to fill it.
Ghiby

Post by Ghiby »

guys, thank you for your suggestions on this...

first, I should say I love this map, it's almost perfect, with very little flaws, if any, like this water issue...

no to mention the trains rail network is awesome, well designed and build to move product all over the map in large quantities... I just love it...

which is why I'm determined to prep the map for a multiplayer dedicated server that will soon be online, in no more than 2 weeks by my estimations... those of you who also love this map, you're more than welcome to join our server when that will be up and running, I'll keep you posted on the actual date of course...

as a quick teaser...
it will be with seasons set for 24 days guys, yes, 24 days, to take it slow and have enough time to do everything, from literally working the fields, to animal husbandry, to forestry and timber work, to production of intermediate and final retail products to achieve self-sufficiency, like fully living off the land...

for production, just to give you a general idea, I'd mention:
- of TMR, pig food
- of seeds, fertilizer, herbicide
- of lime, salt
- of biodiesel and DEF

...and more (urea and acid acetic, honey, tree-fruits (apples, pears, etc) sawmill actual production, planks-beams, empty pallets, barrels, flour, oil, charcoal, compost, etc. etc.), while enjoying the wild west landscape and planning crops rotation and getting rich...

and let's not forget the fun of playing with friends on the same map and helping each other or sharing equipment or... the options are limitless...

all based on their respective mods of course, but will be fully implemented and integrated on the map, ready to use easily by any new player joining the multiplayer sessions on the server

if this sounds like something you may enjoy and you love Durango map as much as I do, then you already belong to this server...

back to the water issue at hand, to answer some of your comments:

yes, I've almost drawn the water tank into the water in almost any location I could try, and it's not working for me, the fill trigger for water is not activating, so I can't fill the water tank

altho' it appears - as drfarmer said - that in the southwestern corner, south of the bridge should work, so I can't wait to try it... should be in the Sugar mill area, so I'll try it ASAP...

however, in theory, it's not realistic enough, in the sense water should be available on any body of water anywhere on the map, not just in one spot - similar to base vanilla game maps, and similar to real life scenarios...

also, yes, I am already working around by placing water towers and fountains and other similar placeables with water trigger all over the map, in easy to access locations...

however back to prepping the map for a multiplayer dedicated server, I'd like the players to be able to freely get water from everywhere where water is visible around the landscape, not just to look for a specific water tank, or well, or pump, once again to get a more realistic and authentic feeling... I mean if we can do that on Ravenport and many other maps, even Sosnovka from FS 17 that's well adapted for FS 19, then why not on our favorite map too...

I'm not a modder, but I have a feeling it must be in the way the map was designed, created and saved... so I'd respectfully ask for advice from a map creator that's specialized more in designing maps, to give us some advice on what to do to make it work...

maybe even the map creator could see this thread and help with some suggestions... I don't know how to ask directly for help from the map creator, after all he/she knows this map better than anyone... so if you can point me in the right direction, I'd ask the map creator how to fix this issue...

thank you guys, I'll monitor this thread for updates...
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

You probably could roleplay it as environmental regs, or set up a "pumping station" along the river to roleplay.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

I have seen comment on a different map with the same problem. The pond in question wasn't designed to be a water source just a pretty object. The work around that was put forward was a placeable pond which was placed right on top of the existing non-fuctioning pond. Did a quick search and found this.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=121021

Hope this helps.
Lygge

Post by Lygge »

RED_Smith wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:06 pm I have seen comment on a different map with the same problem. The pond in question wasn't designed to be a water source just a pretty object. The work around that was put forward was a placeable pond which was placed right on top of the existing non-fuctioning pond. Did a quick search and found this.

Hope this helps.
Yes, i have use this pond one of my maps too. It is not only good water giver, it it crates a beautiful natural enviroment. :gamer:
Playing at PC via Origin
Ghiby

Post by Ghiby »

DEERE317 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:56 pm You probably could roleplay it as environmental regs, or set up a "pumping station" along the river to roleplay.
that's a great RP idea.. and with your permission, I'll use it... of course once the server is up and running, you can join in and help manage the water pumping station - even treatment and demineralization station - if you feel inclined to continue and expand the RP experience...

that could also house the winter snow melting station, that's actually a nice working mod, to melt snow and provide pure treated drinking water in return...
Ghiby

Post by Ghiby »

RED_Smith wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:06 pm I have seen comment on a different map with the same problem. The pond in question wasn't designed to be a water source just a pretty object. The work around that was put forward was a placeable pond which was placed right on top of the existing non-fuctioning pond. Did a quick search and found this.

Hope this helps.
I'll give it a try for sure... definitely for ponds I can see it working just fine... I'm not so sure if I can make it work for rivers, and we have two very nice rivers on Durango...but I'll try my best to make it work...

thank you
Ghiby

Post by Ghiby »

with all that said, thank you guys for your helpful suggestions...

I'd still like to somehow hear an opinion from a map designer-creator, if possible even the creator of the Durango map, as I have a feeling it may be some kind of fix in the map files someplace, I just don't know exactly how to fix it if it can be fixed...

my analogy is simple, if it can be done in Ravenport or even older FS maps, like Sosnovka, then it can be done in theory in any map... I've seen it working on maps created by other map designers, so in theory it can be done...

maybe Giants staff will see this thread and create a mod to fix this problem, as small as it may appear, it's still annoying and unrealistic to approach any body of water on a map and not be able to fill up a water tank for free...

thank you all...
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Ghiby wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:35 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:56 pm You probably could roleplay it as environmental regs, or set up a "pumping station" along the river to roleplay.
that's a great RP idea.. and with your permission, I'll use it... of course once the server is up and running, you can join in and help manage the water pumping station - even treatment and demineralization station - if you feel inclined to continue and expand the RP experience...

that could also house the winter snow melting station, that's actually a nice working mod, to melt snow and provide pure treated drinking water in return...
More than welcome to it. Thanks for the offer.
Ghiby

Post by Ghiby »

DEERE317 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:50 pm
Ghiby wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:35 pm

More than welcome to it. Thanks for the offer.
awesome... it's a deal mate, I'll keep you guys posted when the server is up... not to mention we'll need some core crew of server admins and staff to help with the daily-weekly-monthly server maintenance tasks, so who better if not other fellow FS players enjoying FS 19...

I've already placed the snow melting station near the dam in the north-east side and I also think around that area would fit well the pumping and water treatment facility...

that sounds good and the map as I envision it to be set for multiplayer is almost done... I'd dare to say it's about 80-90% done, in pre-alpha phase so to speak...

however, I've sadly discovered another small flaw if I can call it that...

the grass, the natural grass that grows around the fields, cannot be mowed for some odd inexplicable reasons...

the measuring tool that comes with Seasons is not even recognizing there is grass there - even if visually clearly grass is growing in between those fields...

this is extremely confusion to me, as a simple player, as it implies to me, as a player, I cannot mow grass, unless I am on a field that's already planted with grass or the large grass areas in the south side of the map, near the south BGA and/or Harbor...

this is extremely confusing and counterintuitive, like how come one cannot mow the grass that naturally grows between fields or along the path of the fields..??..

it appears to me, as a non-map creator, that it's in the texture that was used near the fields, it's like those textures are just plain, empty, depicting grass, but not really with a function of having grass for real, like purely decorative grass, just cosmetic, to cover the area between fields...

this s somewhat inconvenient, as the field owners - whomever they may be - once they buy the field, any field, they also may plan at one point in time to mow that grass and either ferment it to silage or bale it for later use and storage... yet, grass is not really there to mow, it's just a cosmetic decoration, like just to look pretty...

that may deter some players, as future buyers of the land to actually buy that land, especially if it's not helper friendly, so the AI can handle simple tasks, and with no grass around to mow if and when needed, some players may choose not to buy the land... once again, thinking with the multiplayer game set in mind....

on my end, since I'm prepping the map for a dedicated multiplayer server, I am thinking to provide future players on that server with a pleasant virtual farming experience, so I have to take in consideration all factors involved, including the ability to mow - or not - the grass around the fields...

that being said, I'm still working to set up the multiplayer server, but I'm very confused on some aspects about this map...

it's a great map in my opinion, wide broad spaces to roam, large size (4x) ideal suited for multiplayer for 4-8-16 players with 3-4 farms on it, to enjoy... three train lines very well designed to move products all over the map... a wide selection of fields from small to very large in size, nice forestry areas, beautiful scenery and more...

but this water issue and now the inability to mow the grass that appears to exist around the fields is very confusing to me, mainly because it's counterintuitive and not really authentic...

I'll try to find ways to work around it...
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Depends what grass it is. I played on Durango for more hours than I can count, and there are two grasses. The long thick yellowish-green grass that can be mower, and the short stubby orangish grass. I can't remember which surrounds the field, if you could provide a screenshot that would be great. As for the water issue, I'm arriving a little late, but if you have some knowledge in Giants Editor, you could import a pump station from another map. Green River has a nice one near its farm, however I'm not sure how dedicated you are to making a roleplay pump station lol
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Ghiby

Post by Ghiby »

Dairydeere wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:22 am Depends what grass it is. I played on Durango for more hours than I can count, and there are two grasses. The long thick yellowish-green grass that can be mower, and the short stubby orangish grass. I can't remember which surrounds the field, if you could provide a screenshot that would be great. As for the water issue, I'm arriving a little late, but if you have some knowledge in Giants Editor, you could import a pump station from another map. Green River has a nice one near its farm, however I'm not sure how dedicated you are to making a roleplay pump station lol
thanks for your input mate...

I'm not a modder, nor a map creator/designer so I don't really have the skills and knowledge to use the Giants Editor and I'm too old with very little extra time to start learning...

I am however what can be called a server admin - this is what I do in real life with my job - and in my free time I'm a gamer who enjoys FS 19, so I do plan to setup the Durango map for multiplayer gameplay to the best of my abilities, even if I don't really have the skills to use the Giants Editor and alter the map... I can edit the map by using the in-game placeables and terraforming/texturing features but that's where I'll stop...

that being said, about the grass not being mowed, I've seen in the "measurement tool" that comes with Seasons, that the grass that can be mowed is recognized as "wild grass" and has the regular stages of growth as any other crop available on the map...

the grass that cannot be mowed by deduction is just a pretty texture, purely cosmetic, that the map creator placed to fill in the gaps between fields, not taking the time to place the so-called "wild grass" like other map creators did with their maps...

with that in mind, I'm sad to say the map - as gorgeous and great as it is at a first glance - is being downgraded in quality by my strict standards due to the water issue and now the no "wild grass" issue around the fields... this could make some players visiting and playing the map in multiplayer unhappy and part of my task as the server admin is to keep the players happy...

I'm sure there are ways we can correct all this, but this requires extra work, knowledge, skills, and people willing to do it...

I'll try my best to do it, but I admit I could use some extra help, as I'm not "Jack of all trades" my abilities are limited... after all, I'm just a gamer playing FS 19 not modding it or alter it...

I feel Durango map is with great potential and deserves attention, even with the flaws that comes as it is... I feel it can be made to work well for multiplayer and many players can enjoy virtual farming on this map...

as far as the water issue, I've already placed the Water Storage Store - as RED_Smith above suggested - in some ponds, and yes will be great to have a water-pumping-treatment facility on the map, near the north-east dam I'd say, for RP purpose if not really to provide water and maybe even a source for irrigation if we can make it happen...

if you'd like to help me make this map for multiplayer, please let me know and we should continue our conversation on this topic... I could use the help of someone with the skills to use Giants Editor...

I'll put in my time and money to rent and setup the server, but even if I want to, I can't do it all... hehe...