Help with updating mods

mreeveshp

Help with updating mods

Post by mreeveshp »

On modhub.net when I download the updated mod and put that in my mods folder do I need to delete the original pr do I just leave both? I really need help with this I've been asking on some of the mod review YouTube videos but haven't got an answer and I just want to make sure I'm actually getting it right. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
mreeveshp

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
JensChrDK

Re: Help with updating mods

Post by JensChrDK »

Modhub.net?
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Probably a website that should be ignored as it’s probably stolen mods and viruses (going off of how most mod sites are)
But for updating mods Windows should ask if you want to overwrite the old file or make a new one, just overwrite.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

For starters you should probably start downloading from the original authors, sites like that often times change the names of mods when they post them. Where as official updated versions usually are named the same and will ask you to overwrite the file of the same name and do it for you. Secondly and the bigger issue is that they steal mods from the authors change the link and profit off either advertising on the download link or on their own website completely off the backs of people actually doing the work making the mods. Also some change the mods so they don’t work or contain viruses. Most the sites still contain the description of the mod and the original authors name and a quick google search will often yield the original link or at least a page that shares only original links. As for your question yes don’t keep the original, all that will do is give you the previous version and the new version. Since many updates deal with errors you will only be continuing to incur issues from the old version all while it does nothing in your folder while you are using the new version.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

mreeveshp wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:05 pm On modhub.net when I download the updated mod and put that in my mods folder do I need to delete the original pr do I just leave both? I really need help with this I've been asking on some of the mod review YouTube videos but haven't got an answer and I just want to make sure I'm actually getting it right. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
mreeveshp
Welcome to the forum!

Please have a look at the following post which provides some guidelines and tips for installing mods which might help to remove your issue: viewtopic.php?f=987&t=174981
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

That's your take? Everyone else don't download there, use official links, then giants moderator, oh just follow this link to download. No wonder these sites don't get taken down when giants doesn't even care, and yes a moderator is representing giants when they granted that role to them. Giants should do a better job of promoting the official modhub and official links with videos on YouTube and twitch.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:55 pm That's your take? Everyone else don't download there, use official links, then giants moderator, oh just follow this link to download. No wonder these sites don't get taken down when giants doesn't even care, and yes a moderator is representing giants when they granted that role to them. Giants should do a better job of promoting the official modhub and official links with videos on YouTube and twitch.
Don’t see where Don was encouraging the use of any non GIANTS mod site. The link leads to a topic on mod downloading that recommends downloading from the original source.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Fair, the link does have this in there:  in order to avoid that mods mess up the game only use mods from trusted sites and stay away from mod hosting site that only copy stuff from various sources and then offer it as their own stuff.

Still giants could promote with all their socal media platforms to discourage users from going to 3rd party sites. Also could have it as a agreement within the game modhub.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

And how should that agreement work? If the mod is on another site, it'll be removed from the modhub?

Then the hub would be empty, except for console mods..
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Noraf wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:47 pm And how should that agreement work? If the mod is on another site, it'll be removed from the modhub?

Then the hub would be empty, except for console mods..
And all the sites steal from Modhub so they still would be on it.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I think he means when you download you would agree not to upload somewhere else to dissuade people or at least make known the behavior is frowned upon.