I hate being “that guy” but…

chedly_farms

I hate being “that guy” but…

Post by chedly_farms »

I hate being “that guy” but the more screenshots I see of FS22, the more I feel like it’s just FS19 2.0. There is nothing groundbreaking in the graphics that I can see. Field textures still look the same. Lighting still looks a tad too washed out. The cut grass still looks like “blobs”. Now don’t get me wrong, I play 19 and I like it. I wish somethings would get an upgrade but they don’t appear to. I haven’t talked much about 22. But some screenshots showed up on my Instagram feed today and I took a closer look at them. I guess I was expecting something more different. Here’s to hoping for an equipment lineup that blows me away.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
lawm

Re: I hate being “that guy” but…

Post by lawm »

Oh Chedly......I wouldn't get my Hope's up on equipment lol. At least until the modders save us....
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I don't want to be "that guy" either ... but I've just looked at the blog entry for today 9th June and my heart sank: production chains. I don't want to be a baker, or a transport driver. I want to be a farmer. I don't mind too much about equipment lineup, although Claas is a big plus, but I do want more farming gameplay, and if the effort is going to production chains, well ...
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Yeah, I seen that as well. I’m hoping it’s not as pointless as it looks at face value.

lawm

Post by lawm »

I was watching Austin farmer where he got his old dodge flatbed stuck and used a chain to pull it out of field. That's what I want being developed for base game. I want more options and ways TO DO the current work not more options of HOW TO work.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

^same

norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I've been that guy ever since Seasonal cycles was mentioned I'm expecting to be very underwhelmed by what we see compared to what Realismus have brought us.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:18 pm I've been that guy ever since Seasonal cycles was mentioned I'm expecting to be very underwhelmed by what we see compared to what Realismus have brought us.
That's a given. There's no way they'd add the depth Realismus did.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

There is one specific area that would get my attention (and $$) as a console player, and that is bigger maps. Has there been any info on that?
Old fat guy with a day job...
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

My current judgement is it won’t be earth shattering, but has any previous version been?
For production chains my big hope is that it’ll bring scripting options to modders to make more production stuff.
But we will see.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
garyst

Post by garyst »

the thing I was/am looking for in fs22 is more better looking crop and field textures as well as more realistic growing of the crops. Maybe even make the rows of crops match that of whatever type of planter and row spacing you are using. Would also like to see different types of tillage tools making different types of textures based on what type of tool your using. And maybe more different types of ways to fertilize or care for your crops.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

garyst wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:52 pm the thing I was/am looking for in fs22 is more better looking crop and field textures as well as more realistic growing of the crops. Maybe even make the rows of crops match that of whatever type of planter and row spacing you are using. Would also like to see different types of tillage tools making different types of textures based on what type of tool your using. And maybe more different types of ways to fertilize or care for your crops.
That's just silly talk heaven forbid a farming game should improve elements related to farming :lol:
lawm

Post by lawm »

Besides ground deformation like mud runner and getting stuck in certain conditions, I wish if you did not use a field for so long.....fallow
....that if you go long enough, first shrubs and then trees would take over. Whether its thru seasons or so many growth stages. And once the shrubs start that means you have to plow or disk to recreate the field boundaries. But as long as you work the field the boundaries are there like how it is now.

Que Judy Garland "Over the Rainbow"
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:13 pm I hate being “that guy” but the more screenshots I see of FS22, the more I feel like it’s just FS19 2.0. There is nothing groundbreaking in the graphics that I can see. Field textures still look the same. Lighting still looks a tad too washed out. The cut grass still looks like “blobs”. Now don’t get me wrong, I play 19 and I like it. I wish somethings would get an upgrade but they don’t appear to. I haven’t talked much about 22. But some screenshots showed up on my Instagram feed today and I took a closer look at them. I guess I was expecting something more different. Here’s to hoping for an equipment lineup that blows me away.
It's not just that the textures are the same they are also wrong and always have been. I've been moaning about it for years. I just wish someone at giants would get out of the office for a day and take some photos of actual fields before and after harvest because they look nothing like it in the game. The colours are all wrong.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

trogladitez wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:33 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:13 pm I hate being “that guy” but the more screenshots I see of FS22, the more I feel like it’s just FS19 2.0. There is nothing groundbreaking in the graphics that I can see. Field textures still look the same. Lighting still looks a tad too washed out. The cut grass still looks like “blobs”. Now don’t get me wrong, I play 19 and I like it. I wish somethings would get an upgrade but they don’t appear to. I haven’t talked much about 22. But some screenshots showed up on my Instagram feed today and I took a closer look at them. I guess I was expecting something more different. Here’s to hoping for an equipment lineup that blows me away.
It's not just that the textures are the same they are also wrong and always have been. I've been moaning about it for years. I just wish someone at giants would get out of the office for a day and take some photos of actual fields before and after harvest because they look nothing like it in the game. The colours are all wrong.
It wouldn't be Farm Sim and GIANTS without crop textures that look quite removed from what they look like in reality...
But then the smaller details like that are probably way down on GIANTS priority list, sadly.
There is hope they may change/improve them before the release of the actual game, however you can't help but wonder why you would go with the ones now even as placeholders.
I don't know who does GIANTS crop foliage artwork but I would ask them to please, please go and see actual farm fields with your own eyes, and don't rely on some overblown, heavily edited photograph off google images, nor rely on your own imagination.

For the players who have never even seen a field in these states they probably won't care, but for any of us who have actually had some experience in field work and its visual states, it's like a slap in the face.

As for production based game, I had heard rumours it was already going this way. I'm sure for those who like production style games they will love this.

For someone who wants an immersive Farming game it's just a pointless feature that has zero appeal.

I keep hoping Fs22 will be decent, but at the moment all I'm seeing is the same cartoony graphics, over saturated vehicle colours, trees etc. There is no naturalness about the look of the game which I feel would make it look and feel 100x better.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU