I hate being “that guy” but…

blue_painted

Re: I hate being “that guy” but…

Post by blue_painted »

JuicyStuff wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:01 pm Wait what, have I been playing this game wrong this whole time, enjoying Global Company? IRL I know many farmers (more like helping hands for their family) who have jobs in factories during winter or have some other incomes besides actual crop farming. Here where I live, the growth season is rather short and strictly arable farms don't have much to do after harvest... I mean, if it would be just as easy as doing few mouse clicks to maintain vehicles and finances like in FS19.

Also, I find it little amusing that people were complaining that colors were too cartoony in FS17, and new lighting in FS19 was praised for being more realistic. And now it's washed out and plain? You just can't please everyone...
I'd never want to tell you that you were playing the game "wrong" but to me a factory job isn't farming, no matter if during the rest of the year there is farming going on.

As for the colours -- I do think the FS19 colours were toned down a bit in an early update. Does anyone else remember the awful up-sun effect that made the game unplayable?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

JuicyStuff wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:01 pm Also, I find it little amusing that people were complaining that colors were too cartoony in FS17, and new lighting in FS19 was praised for being more realistic. And now it's washed out and plain? You just can't please everyone...
The new lighting in FS19 had some realistic features, but the way they were implemented was wholly unnatural. I can't recall many people (I can't recall any at all to be honest) saying they preferred the FS19 environment 'feel' to the FS17 one.

FS22 already looks far better in that regard, but they could still go further.

My main hopes on the graphics front now is that the stark directional lighting has gone, or at worst been toned down massively. It was fairly realistic (though still OTT) in first person view, but in third person view it was awful and jarring, going from overblown highlights to crushed shadows. The other is the shadows themselves, particularly on vehicles and equipment were awful, especially when the game was sped up - they were like a black and white disco.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

I'd really like to see the contract system integrated with the production factory's, say you accept yearly contracts so you'll need x amount of product to fulfill each one, maybe some sort of fine or penalty if you cant complete all. Just a thought, I've no idea if this could work.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

People have been saying that every time a new FS game comes out. They said 19 was just 17.5.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:05 pm You're not playing the game wrong, you're playing it the way you want. Just a bunch of people sharing their personal opinions here.
Yeah, but unless we share the same point of view we are mortal enemies!

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:25 pm People have been saying that every time a new FS game comes out. They said 19 was just 17.5.
Oops, so not FS19 2.0 but FS17 2.0.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I don't see any reason I can't keep playing 19...

It's just now getting good. We finally have some old-school 2wd row crop tractors and plenty of maps I've never played on. Really, I hope 22 becomes an awesome game eventually, but I see no reason yet to switch.

Honestly, when they annouced that 22 would be on previous-gen consoles, I lost all interest in it. Same graphics, same physics, same size maps, and (probably) even lower slot count. Nah, I'm good.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Im on Console so the main selling point for 19 was the brands. I’m an American that watches Rambo and eats beef jerky and drinks barley pops, so having John Deere was a must. Throw in Claas and you had me at Lexion. Having editable terrain, paintable textures, and placeable animal stalls was a huge step in allowing me the immersion I wanted for farming. I do prefer the graphics in 17 as opposed to 19, although there are times 19 can be truly stunning. 17 took better screenshots as BulletBill is proving in that thread.

DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

theSeb wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:27 am
DEERE317 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:21 am
theSeb wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:21 pm

Yes, I must agree. I am in some ways not surprised by this, because I realise that "factories" are quite popular in FS, especially within the German community, but I personally cannot stand it. Farmers don't generally own massive flour mills like the one in the screenshots and for me that is a massive immersion killer. I don't mind when stuff like this is done in a "realistic" way, like Straw Harvest.
Will we own it or will it be like the train grain elevators? If it’s like the elevators I could see it being semi realistic (direct to market isn’t unheard of, but usually is small farms and meat or niche products)
If we don't own them, then the blog makes less sense and is even worse from an immersion point of view.

"Also, in case of the bakery, you can also decide if they sell the produced goods directly or if you distribute them to the local supermarket, restaurant or farmer's market to generate even more income. One way or another, if you're selling baskets full of freshly baked bread instead of just the harvested wheat, you'll make more money. "

If you don't own the bakery why would you have any say where they sell their products?

But this is where things get weird if we go back a few paragraphs. What is unclear is what choices / control you have over buildings already on the map, versus the ones you build yourself, but clearly the intention is there to allow you to place the large buildings too, i.e. own them. For me this is the same trap that farming management games fell into, like the much flawed Farming Giant and the more recent Farm Manager series. The farming itself is so thin that they padded the game with production chains and factories. Sad.

" There are a lot of new building types in Farming Simulator 22. While some are already placed on the new maps and ready to take your goods for further processing, you can also build them yourself - making them your business to expand your farming operation."
It would still be our goods and not the bakery’s, when we send pigs through the processor it doesn’t become the processors.
My interpretation is you can sell out anywhere in the chain and then you no longer have a say in what happens. So you can deliver direct to the supermarket and then get paid, or just sell your wheat and be done.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:28 pm
MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:25 pm People have been saying that every time a new FS game comes out. They said 19 was just 17.5.
Oops, so not FS19 2.0 but FS17 2.0.
If 19 was 17.5, wouldn't this one be FS18?
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:35 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:21 am

Will we own it or will it be like the train grain elevators? If it’s like the elevators I could see it being semi realistic (direct to market isn’t unheard of, but usually is small farms and meat or niche products)
If we don't own them, then the blog makes less sense and is even worse from an immersion point of view.

"Also, in case of the bakery, you can also decide if they sell the produced goods directly or if you distribute them to the local supermarket, restaurant or farmer's market to generate even more income. One way or another, if you're selling baskets full of freshly baked bread instead of just the harvested wheat, you'll make more money. "

If you don't own the bakery why would you have any say where they sell their products?

But this is where things get weird if we go back a few paragraphs. What is unclear is what choices / control you have over buildings already on the map, versus the ones you build yourself, but clearly the intention is there to allow you to place the large buildings too, i.e. own them. For me this is the same trap that farming management games fell into, like the much flawed Farming Giant and the more recent Farm Manager series. The farming itself is so thin that they padded the game with production chains and factories. Sad.

" There are a lot of new building types in Farming Simulator 22. While some are already placed on the new maps and ready to take your goods for further processing, you can also build them yourself - making them your business to expand your farming operation."
It would still be our goods and not the bakery’s, when we send pigs through the processor it doesn’t become the processors.
My interpretation is you can sell out anywhere in the chain and then you no longer have a say in what happens. So you can deliver direct to the supermarket and then get paid, or just sell your wheat and be done.
Bakery <> meat processor
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

theSeb wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:39 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:35 pm

Bakery <> meat processor
I know they’re different, but if both are being hired to process food (not sold the materials, but paid to process) then you get to do whatever you want with the finished product
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Having your local butcher process a cow for friends, family and some customers compared to taking grain to General Mills and telling them which big box retailers they can sell Little Debbie snack cakes to, isn’t the same. Lol. But there is a slight point made about the validity of some “factories” eg. butchers.

DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:51 pm Having your local butcher process a cow for friends, family and some customers compared to taking grain to General Mills and telling them which big box retailers they can sell Little Debbie snack cakes to, isn’t the same. Lol. But there is a slight point made about the validity of some “factories” eg. butchers.
In the case of General Mills they buy the grain, if you hire a mill and bakery to convert your wheat (+ milk, eggs, etc) into bread loaves then you get to choose where it goes, just like a cow or pig, if I sell it at the sale barn I have no say, but if I hire a butcher to process it I then can sell it to someone, eat it, give it away, bury it to rot (great waste of money :lol:), etc.
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

Mobias wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:51 am Good news about it not being compulsory. I'm guessing the whole production line global company thing is to give players something to do in downtime during seasons when there's nothing to do on the farm? Why not deliver cake ingredients? Because farmers do that right?

On a more positive note this screen shot caught my eye. Although its similar to FS19 things do look subtly better. The cloud layer now stretches to the horizon and the field and plant textures look a bit nicer at least.

It might be more detailed but it's still completely wrong. That's what a lawn looks like not a silage field. The windrows are more or less okay but the ground should be a pale yellow after mowing not bright green.
wrs

Post by wrs »

So what improvements have they made to the AI workers,

Courseplay pretty much will work fields how it's done in real life, Are we to expect this kind of realism in 22 ????

Do we know or does Giants know?? I use a lot of AI and Courseplay and follow me.

Are these going to come along soon after launch??