Nonstop game crash-ps4

vondeylenfarms

Nonstop game crash-ps4

Post by vondeylenfarms »

So I originally thought it was the new planter from CM that was giving me the blue screen all the time. I spent days and days going through mods and couldn’t find a conflict. I deleted the planter…I then got he db120 from jhhg…and started blue screening again…spent days and days looking for the conflict, wouldn’t you know it..NOTHING!

I deleted that also and guess what still got blue screens so I went through all my mods and nothing changed it. I then deleted all my saved games (well over 1000hrs Welker map so I’m pi**) and uninstalled everything about the game. Reinstalled it and downloaded some mods I’ve had for months before this blue screen stuff. Played for several hours and built a nice farm…blue screen…I’ve had it with this game. I’ve messaged giants with no response (shocker) and everyone keeps saying mod conflict…it’s not…before I just give up 100% and wait for the next broken FS game…any idea here? Other than taking a sledge hammer to the PS4 or buying a pc

Almost forgot! I’ve gotten blue screened just trying to close the game!! Clearly no mods being used there. Someone from giants responding would be terrific
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
DEERE317

Re: Nonstop game crash-ps4

Post by DEERE317 »

Factory reset your PS4? Otherwise maybe reach out to Sony? I doubt their consoles crashing is a good thing to them.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Sorry to hear you are having problems but the lack of a response is not a surprise unfortunately.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

It’s not mods being used that can cause a conflict, just them being installed can cause issues. The only real test you can do is to go completely without mods installed and see if the issue comes up completely vanilla. If it happens completely vanilla I would probably lean towards something being wrong with the actual console itself otherwise one would believe that there would be many more complaints of the same issues of the game had some sort of bug. This is why consoles didn’t want script mods allowed, these issues tend to be pretty common on pc but the ability of having a log and to quickly be able to plug a pull mods make it much easier to deal with.
SDfarmer3

Post by SDfarmer3 »

100% same problems! Did a factory reset to the ps4, cleared the memory, rebuilt the database, tried without both planters and I still get blue screens. Software for both ps4 and the game is updated also. Would also love to figure something out but I’m out of ideas as well.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Maybe you're console is shagged.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

So the whole vanilla thing…I did not go that drastic however, I only had mods used that I’ve had way before I ever noticed this issue. Now I will say that the planter was downloaded, BUT I did not check box it when the game was loaded the save game never had the planter. It sure if that helps? I’m aware I’m not alone here…Facebook tells me that…but I like the smart input on here better lol I noticed the big difference with the most recent update that they put out with the ps4 but also the planter came out very close after. I myself didn’t play much until that planter came out so I can’t blame the update alone…but it’s very suspicious. Every single time it crashes I hit send to Sony. It send the error and a small video clip also. It’s always when I’m im near the farm, with all my placeables…my slit count is not over 1000 so I wouldn’t say I’m close to max

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I’m just wondering if the culprit is just an old mod that’s not agreeing with the new map or new mods, some mods have been out for close to three years and have been abandoned by the creators so no updates for potential issues. Do you play with precision farming?
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Mwal wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:22 am I’m just wondering if the culprit is just an old mod that’s not agreeing with the new map or new mods, some mods have been out for close to three years and have been abandoned by the creators so no updates for potential issues. Do you play with precision farming?
I did try differ maps, old and new with the same outcome. I also got rid of all the newer mods I added just before the crashes. I don’t have tons of mods, I’m using 34% of the storage so it’s easy to know what new ones and old were. The only reason I’m on here with this is because I literally have tried everything I can think of lol

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Yeah that’s what I mean though, you’re getting rid of new mods because they cause issues but it’s older non updated ones I would be worried about if you’re having this problem constantly when adding new mods
JDMan10

Post by JDMan10 »

I’m having the same problem. I can’t play ten seconds without it blue screening. I’ve never had this problem before until the last update.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Mwal wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:16 pm Yeah that’s what I mean though, you’re getting rid of new mods because they cause issues but it’s older non updated ones I would be worried about if you’re having this problem constantly when adding new mods
I’m following you now…I’ll log back in and I guess delete some of those. If I have them downloaded can I just uncheck them instead of deleting them you think? Technically they wouldn’t be loaded in the game

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

🤷‍♂️ Dunno how console works, but I know on pc a bad mod can cause issues on start up not being in a game yet so maybe if you’re gonna go through them it’s best to delete them so you aren’t left wondering if that’s why it still doesn’t work. The only thing that is starting to make me lean towards old stuff is seeing people say the last update broke the game and they hadn’t added anything new. I would run through stuff that hasn’t been updated in a long time which shouldn’t be too hard, just need to scroll to the end of the installed mod list in the hub.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:20 pm Almost forgot! I’ve gotten blue screened just trying to close the game!! Clearly no mods being used there. Someone from giants responding would be terrific
This is likely due to shutting the game down too quickly after quitting your save. When you quit to the main menu screen wait a few seconds as there will be a pause where the music stops and you aren't able to scroll up and down the menu. If you wait for this to be over then you should be able to close the game without the blue screen error.
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

Series X or xbox, ive never had a blue screen on any farmsim game back to FS15, on series x it runs flawlessly
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen: