Header trailers

nathanieloffer

Header trailers

Post by nathanieloffer »

I'm sure like me you dislike how header trailers handle in game. I know I've been avoiding them for forever either using mods with inbuilt wheels and tow bars or Cressoni folding headers but I just discovered something by accident,

I bought the Claas Lexion combine and picked up the header and trailer for it on my current map. When releasing the header to drop onto the trailer I thought I had imagined it repositioning itself but after using it the first time I did it again and I can confirm there is a locking script on the header trailer that locks the header into position.

Why isn't this on all the ingame header trailers. Also Claas name their trailers to match their headers so it's obvious which one you need for the cereal crop or the corn headers.

Just wanted to pass that along to everyone.
this_is_gav

Re: Header trailers

Post by this_is_gav »

The headers generally stay on better in 19 than they did on previous games, so unless you zoom around corners at high speed and regularly crash into things most of them usually stay on if put in the correct place.

You're right about the Claas ones though. You can even put them on at the wrong side (which I did once accidentally) and they will flip around before locking into place. Worth noting the Dominator 108 (originally a DLC bonus) header and trailer does the same.
nathanieloffer

Post by nathanieloffer »

If 19 is an improvement over 17 then I'm glad I didn't play 17!

I've also just noticed the header trailer has rear wheel steering which is a nice touch.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

FS17 wasn't too bad in that regard, but it was a big improvement over FS15 and earlier.

Some are worse than others, but like I say, if you take care to line everything up well when you detach the header then it will largely stay where it is unless you're driving like a madman.

Not that the locking script in game isn't welcome!
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I don't know why they haven't added the ability to strap headers down to the trailers. It seems like there perfect, common sense solution to me.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
garyst

Post by garyst »

Retrieverslt.com makes what I believe would be the perfect header trailer for farming simulator. Directly attaches to the header so no sliding off. Sent this idea for a mod to several different modders but none seem to care to make such a thing.

They also make an attachment for it to carry large 3pt. Mounted implements such as stackfold planters. Almost every farmer where I am from has one of these to carry their headers and implements to the field with ease and not taking up the whole road.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

The modded midwest header trailers are so good if a detached header touches them they stick to them, once courseplay had an accident and I spent a half hour trying to pull 4 heads apart and out of the shed before finally just giving up and resetting everything 😂