FS22 manual, what country you think this is?

DEERE317

Re: FS22 manual, what country you think this is?

Post by DEERE317 »

Mwal wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:55 am
DEERE317 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:50 am
:lol:
I never said Massey was a French company, I said that tractor in the screenshot (with a French plate) was built in France. And the Fendt Katana chopper is built in Germany and has a German plate. So a reasonable hypothesis from our sample size of 2 is that machines will be plated with the country they were built in. (Deere (7R, 8R, 9R, CNH (Magnum/T8, Steiger/T9), and Agco (Challenger/Fendt tracked and 4wds)machines would be interesting as they are built in the US)
So what hole am I “Googling” [sic] for myself?
The fact apparently no one understands “Based on where the machines from?” Is different from “Based on where the company is based/from?”

Edit: http://blog.agcocorp.com/2011/05/the-fi ... e-factory/
You’re missing what I’m saying, Massey gets manufactured all over so does Case and John Deere. So you think giants is opening the doors on real tractors seeing where they’re stamped from and that’s what they’re basing everything on? So in that case I’m pretty sure most their equipment would have Austrian plates. Pretty sure the guy above is right and the plates only indicate map locations
May but curious the plates match place of manufacture.
And also GIANTS doesn’t even have to look at serial plates to get that data. And I’m aware they manufacture all over, I was pointing out those specific machines factory locations.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Erlengrat clearly is Swiss based, you can see it from the railway bridge and the panoramic train in the distance, the railway crossings, Swiss chocolate, Swiss cheese and even the buildings.

But indeed, the landscape could be very well France too, and the France flag in the countdown makes that theory only stronger.
That could give us new crops like lavender and vineyards.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

According to GIANTS Erlengat is not supposed to be any particular country, instead it was just supposed to represent the "Alpine" area of Europe.

As to the numberPlates it's been a rumour for a while now that Fs22 has customizable number plates which would explain the various types of plates seen in the released screenshots so far.

How this will work fully ingame and how customizable this will be is anyones guess. Will they allow any numberplate from any country in the world, or will it just be a small selection.
Last edited by BulletBill on Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Indeed BullitBill, that's what Giants was saying, but the train on the viaduct looks like the Glacier Express, the railroad-crossings are exactly how they look in Switzerland and the pedestrian crossing are yellow, just like they are in Switzerland. While developing this map they clearly has the Swiss alps in mind. Even on official DLC picture there is a Swiss brand:

BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Yes I agree it looks more Swiss than anything, but was previously quoting what GIANTS devs have posted.

Maybe being the majority are from Switzerland and based in that country it's not surprising it looks more Swiss than anything.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Manfi

Post by Manfi »

BTW the last map could be the Italy also.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Yes, with some changes it could be a Italian map too, but Erlengrat has to many Swiss details.

I just was curious what country others do see in the manual art. So far we now have Italy and France.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I'm just wondering if it's a vineyard in the background of the manual picture. Admittedly there are plenty of crops planted in such rows, some of which are in the game already, but it looks more vineyard than anything else in my opinion.

Not that that helps narrow down the country much given most countries feature vineyards.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

It can be lavender too, this is planted in rows too, when the European map is really French, they cannot release it without lavender.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Well with productions in fs22 it could be a vineyard and a winery to make wine. New Holland make grape and olive harvesters, so I'd assume the cover picture would be a grape harvester. I'd say France
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

eric21 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:07 pm Well with productions in fs22 it could be a vineyard and a winery to make wine. New Holland make grape and olive harvesters, so I'd assume the cover picture would be a grape harvester. I'd say France
I reckon there is a 0 chance of alcohol production due to PEGI rating that they aim for.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I do see a possibility of grapes for Jams, Jellies, and juice (unfermented) with productions and actually see a possibility there for being semi realistic as there's many vineyards that process their own crop (usually for wine but probably other goods to)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

There are games where you can drink alcohol and they can maintain the E for everyone rating, harvest moon being the one that immediately comes to mind, I would be surprised if the in game style of the manufacture of it, especially wine, would have much of an effect.
Manfi

Post by Manfi »

It is only the production and not the consumption or solicitation of alcohol
PEGI 3 rated game content is considered suitable for all ages. The game should not contain any sounds or images that might frighten young children. A very mild form of violence (in a comical context or child-like setting) is acceptable.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

theSeb wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:45 pm
eric21 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:07 pm Well with productions in fs22 it could be a vineyard and a winery to make wine. New Holland make grape and olive harvesters, so I'd assume the cover picture would be a grape harvester. I'd say France
I reckon there is a 0 chance of alcohol production due to PEGI rating that they aim for.
The game is going to show you where it's being sent to, not promoting the sale of wine and the consumption of wine, that's if grapes are indeed coming