New purchase - help please

FarmingBoy’sMum

New purchase - help please

Post by FarmingBoy’sMum »

>
> Hi
> My son, aged 8, would like the Farming Simulator game for his birthday. We’re new to consoles and games etc so any advice would be appreciated please. We’re thinking of a Playstation 4 to run it on (as we can run other similar simulator games on a ps4). Is Farming Simulator 19 the latest version and also my son mentioned the steering wheel and stick/controls by Logitech you can purchase in addition. Is this a good choice? Is there anything else we need to think of for the first purchase/dip into gaming? Thanks so much. Lisa :smileynew:

Edit don_apple: topic moved from french to english section.
Drmattymd

Re: New purchase - help please

Post by Drmattymd »

Fs19 is currently the latest version but there is a new version, FS22 releasing towards the end of the year. The Logitech wheel/pedal/side panel combo is designed for PC but reportedly will work on PS4. I dont think it works with 100% functionality for PS4 but I'm not positive
Playing on PC and PS4
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

The wheel, pedals, and side panel work with PS4 - id suggest getting the game first and seeing if they like it before investing in the extra stuff.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

AndOnTheDrums wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:57 am The wheel, pedals, and side panel work with PS4 - id suggest getting the game first and seeing if they like it before investing in the extra stuff.
+1 to this. Invest in the game first on your PS4, then decide if those extra are worth it. In my honest opinion, if you're using a controller, a wheel, pedals, side panel, etc. are not a necessity for a good experience in the game
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Dairydeere wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:10 am
AndOnTheDrums wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:57 am The wheel, pedals, and side panel work with PS4 - id suggest getting the game first and seeing if they like it before investing in the extra stuff.
+1 to this. Invest in the game first on your PS4, then decide if those extra are worth it. In my honest opinion, if you're using a controller, a wheel, pedals, side panel, etc. are not a necessity for a good experience in the game
Ditto
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:14 am
Ditto
Sorry to go off topic, but Deere what is ditto. That's the 5th time I've seen that recently hahah.

Yeah I'd buy the stock game. I did that in 15, liked it then went to the complete edition of 17. 19 I bought individual DLC's and the mods are more plentiful than previous games, so if you don't get the complete edition that's not a huge problem. As to what console, I play Xbox, although I think PS4 seems to run it better, just based on watching a mate play it on PS4.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Yeahrightio wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:58 am
DEERE317 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:14 am

Ditto
Sorry to go off topic, but Deere what is ditto. That's the 5th time I've seen that recently hahah.

Yeah I'd buy the stock game. I did that in 15, liked it then went to the complete edition of 17. 19 I bought individual DLC's and the mods are more plentiful than previous games, so if you don't get the complete edition that's not a huge problem. As to what console, I play Xbox, although I think PS4 seems to run it better, just based on watching a mate play it on PS4.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ditto+m ... e&ie=UTF-8
Basically just saying same.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Thank you for explaining Deere, it sounded like a Pokemon to me and I thought, how come he is saying that. Hahahaha
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
FarmingBoy’sMum

Post by FarmingBoy’sMum »

Thank you so much for your responses everyone, so helpful :smileynew:
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

One additional comment- I have a Logitech G29 for racing sims, and I play FS19 almost exclusively with the DualShock4. I'm with everyone else- try the game with a controller before dropping a lot of money on a steering wheel.
Old fat guy with a day job...
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Yeah! even though I have all the equipment, Wheel, pedals, gearstick, button panel.
I never use them as the controller that comes with the console is just as good and far more convenient.
Whether you want to wait for the new game is your choice but FS19 has all the add-on's he will ever need. whereas the new game will take time to come good, as every new FS game has issues.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

While the side panel is great, it's probably worth noting the "Heavy Duty" wheel is made of soft cheese and I dread to think how long it would last with a child.

As above I'd try the game first and then, if it's possible to combine such peripherals on a PS4, get another budget wheel and buy the side panel separately.