Mods On PC

gridpipefinn

Mods On PC

Post by gridpipefinn »

Recently made the jump from console to PC and i am loving it! But i do have a question. i have some mods in my mod folder that show up in game as installed and they have a check mark beside them, but they do not show up in the game. What could be the problem? Also, do you have to unzip Susquehanna River Valley map for it to appear in game? This also shows up in my mod folder but not in game. thanks for the help
Mwal

Re: Mods On PC

Post by Mwal »

Sometimes mods just don’t work, but a good thing to check for is to open the mod and if you see a bunch more zipped files and that’s it it probably needs to be unzipped. Also try to track down the original creator and link, it’s good practice for respecting someone’s hard work, you will usually get details on installing if you have to jump through any special hoops, and the mods mostly work. Hope you enjoy the dark side!
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

gridpipefinn wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:23 am Recently made the jump from console to PC and i am loving it! But i do have a question. i have some mods in my mod folder that show up in game as installed and they have a check mark beside them, but they do not show up in the game. What could be the problem? Also, do you have to unzip Susquehanna River Valley map for it to appear in game? This also shows up in my mod folder but not in game. thanks for the help
Some mods require you to unzip them and extract all the files. Susquehanna is a prime example, as you have to unzip the downloaded file you got, and pull all the files out of that unzipped folder, then those go in your mod folder. Most mods that come like that will have UNZIP in the file name, but nexusmods as a download site does not include that. Hope this helps *thumbsup*
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
gridpipefinn

Post by gridpipefinn »

Thanks for the suggestions! Appreciate the help!!
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Other common problems are , Your game version not updated and problems with the mod filename
Playing on PC and PS4
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Drmattymd wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:16 am Other common problems are , Your game version not updated and problems with the mod filename
And to add onto this, your game version should be 1.7.1.0, and the log.txt, located under My PC/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019 in the file explorer, will help you find issues quickly
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

For unzipping, go into the zip file like a normal folder and then drag the files into the mod folder like you would files in a folder, Windows will automatically copy them over then.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.