Please help

Ceasice

Please help

Post by Ceasice »

Hi guys, can't seem to find the solution to my problem...

I want to play Spectacle Island from Alien Jim, but I cannot seem to find the mod that is causing the mod conflict. When I start the map with no mods selected then there is no problem to play, but as soon as my mods are selected then when map is loaded It just freezes and cant even click on anything or move around or use any key except Alt Tab to exit the game.

Any help will be appreciated.
NotoriousWeber

Re: Please help

Post by NotoriousWeber »

From your post history, I will assume you're playing on PC.

The easiest way I've found to find mod conflicts is to split your mod folder in half. Take half the mods and put them in a "safe" folder, and leave the other half in your "mods" folder. Keep your map in the mods folder of course.

Then, start a save game with just half the mods. See if the problem persists. If it doesn't, quit the game and take that half of your mods out and put them in a different folder, and then bring in the 2nd half of your mods that were in the "safe" folder. Try it again. Presumably, one of these tries will still cause the issue. Once you've located the half that causes the problem, continue splitting the "problem" mods in half, and repeat the process. Eventually you'll get it down to just a couple mods and you'll be able to take it out and then try with ALL of your mods.

Hope that was clear as mud.

TLDR: Split your mods in half, try half the mods at a time. Keep splitting the mods in half till you narrow it down to the issue.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

You can try post your log, or take your mods out in small groups to narrow it down.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Log would make it easier to narrow down as well. Mod folder splitting is my last resort
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Ceasice

Post by Ceasice »

Warning: Tried assigning the binding [(KEY_n), deviceId: KB_MOUSE_DEFAULT, axisComponent: +, index: 1, isActive: true, isShadowed: false isInverted: nil, isDown: false, isUp: false, inputValue: 0] to TOGGLE_COVER to an occupied slot. The new binding has been ignored
Warning: Tried assigning the binding [(KEY_n), deviceId: KB_MOUSE_DEFAULT, axisComponent: +, index: 1, isActive: true, isShadowed: false isInverted: nil, isDown: false, isUp: false, inputValue: 0] to TOGGLE_COVER to an occupied slot. The new binding has been ignored
Last edited by Ceasice on Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ceasice

Post by Ceasice »

Lol I think I did that wrong....but in any case there it is....for the whole world to see...
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Spoiler tags would help to shorten but otherwise didn’t do anything wrong in how you posted
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Ceasice

Post by Ceasice »

I tried to half the mods etc. after some time I decided just to reset my Keyboards default bindings, and for some reason the map has loaded without any problems. Really don't know what was wrong, as it's the only map that I have this problem with...
Pict

Post by Pict »

Keyboard bindings are a constant source of problems as mods add to the list, but these entries are left in when the mod is removed. This eventually causes havoc and the best solution is to start fresh like you did. However you will spend lots of time setting your most common bindings.

After deleting the bindings and before you add any mods I suggest setting your preferred bindings then making a copy of the inputBindings.xml to save you time in the future.

Additionally, you can prune the file from time to time by chopping stuff off the bottom. This save loads of time and it's not so difficult to do. Anyhow you should have your backup file if anything goes wrong.