Farming Simulator 22 - with AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution!

Manfi

Farming Simulator 22 - with AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution!

Post by Manfi »

This is not DLSS at all but FSR working even on GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card, delivering up to 41% performance improvement.

Source: https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-fidelit ... -at-launch
More about FSR: https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-fidelit ... force-gpus
this_is_gav

Re: Farming Simulator 22 - with AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution!

Post by this_is_gav »

I think anything to boost AMD GPU support in FS is positive. It's dreadful and always has been compared to otherwise similarly performing Nvidia cards. I know GIANTS have a partnership of sorts with Nvidia (hence the logo on startup unless you disable the intro videos) but it doesn't feel like FS is optimised for Nvidia hardware/drivers, more that it's hindered on AMD GPUs.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:08 pm I think anything to boost AMD GPU support in FS is positive. It's dreadful and always has been compared to otherwise similarly performing Nvidia cards. I know GIANTS have a partnership of sorts with Nvidia (hence the logo on startup unless you disable the intro videos) but it doesn't feel like FS is optimised for Nvidia hardware/drivers, more that it's hindered on AMD GPUs.
I forget the fancy terms and stuff, but there’s a certain modeling or code set up that Nvidia handles easily by AMD struggles which is basically what you describe.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
BernardC

Post by BernardC »

I think @Deere317 is speaking of NVIDA Physx sdk who was first used only on Nvidia GPU. But Nvidia made it Opensource in 2018 ( if i remember well ) and it can be used by AMD
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Might be but I seem to remember it was more in the rendering rather than physics end with how shapes were rendered.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

That would affect most games over a long time period though, but AMD and Nvidia have commonly been close (less so on the highest end cards that are out of reach for most players). FS has struggled on all AMD cards since it was launched more than a decade ago.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:29 pm
this_is_gav wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:08 pm I think anything to boost AMD GPU support in FS is positive. It's dreadful and always has been compared to otherwise similarly performing Nvidia cards. I know GIANTS have a partnership of sorts with Nvidia (hence the logo on startup unless you disable the intro videos) but it doesn't feel like FS is optimised for Nvidia hardware/drivers, more that it's hindered on AMD GPUs.
I forget the fancy terms and stuff, but there’s a certain modeling or code set up that Nvidia handles easily by AMD struggles which is basically what you describe.
It sounds like you are talking about Nvidia's DLSS (deep learning super sampling)
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

theSeb wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:14 pm
It sounds like you are talking about Nvidia's DLSS (deep learning super sampling)
May be, just remember it was something with rendering which I seem to remember AMD could do, just slowly.
The bad thing is I’m not even sure what YouTube channel I seen it on and how old the video is...
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:28 pm
theSeb wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:14 pm

May be, just remember it was something with rendering which I seem to remember AMD could do, just slowly.
The bad thing is I’m not even sure what YouTube channel I seen it on and how old the video is...
Then you are definitely talking about what Nvidia's DLSS does.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

AMD haven't released their DLSS equivalent yet. They're announced FSR, which is due to be unveiled on Tuesday and will work on both AMD and Nvidia cards. As a result it might not be quiet as efficient on Nvidia cards, but it will work with cards all the way back to the 1000 series (and possibly older) not just the 2000 and 3000 series, which DLSS is restricted to.
mikewilson.sr

Post by mikewilson.sr »

I have a Nvidia based system, does anyone know if FS22 will be compatible with it
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

mikewilson.sr wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:25 pm I have a Nvidia based system, does anyone know if FS22 will be compatible with it
Yes it will compatible with Nvidia graphics
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

So FS22 won't support Nvidia DLSS technology? :frown:
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

faruk9154 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:25 pm So FS22 won't support Nvidia DLSS technology? :frown:
Who knows. Up until now FS has been a Nvidia-backed game (hence the logo on start up) so if that continues (and even if it doesn't) there's no reason why FS22 couldn't support both DLSS and FSR.

The technologies aren't direct rivals. They work in different ways and FSR works on a number of cards that DLSS doesn't, both AMD and Nvidia. DLSS is exclusive to RTX 2000 and RTX 3000 cards.