one thought-bird

Lygge

one thought-bird

Post by Lygge »

During these years i have play these farming games, i have thought one thing. Why the map designer be not interested the reasons for the result of the vote. If i were a map designer, and i would have sacrificed a lot of time for one game-map. i would be really interested to know why my map only gets a few stars. Maybe I'm a little ambitious, but it would not be enough for me to have some 1 or 2 stars in it, they should be in full. :coolnew: It would be must easier to wallow own self-pity, when to know why do it. :mrgreen:
Playing at PC via Origin
FarmBoss

Re: one thought-bird

Post by FarmBoss »

Map makers likely realize you can't please everyone at the same time.
People rate maps based on different criteria. If a map has a bug, one person might remove a star, while another might remove a few stars.
Some people rate a game based on the look and feel, even if there is otherwise nothing wrong. For example, some people like hedges around fields, and other don't...
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

And then there’s politics and the modders attitude towards stuff.
JHHG’s 250 Axial Flow got a bunch of bad ratings for trying to beat Custom and take the credit along with his lying about why it didn’t have rear lights. (Among other things)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

If I knew how to make maps I'm 99% sure I would make them the way I like them.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

^this, there are definitely modders who make things because the community wants, but there’s also those who make things for themselves and are kind enough to share with the community. I don’t think it’s as much about the ratings to some as it is with others.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

I've always felt maps should be made how you the map maker wants not what the community wants. When this happens you get far more variety of map styles, plus each map maker will tend to develop a certain style of map as well.

If you've made a map to the best of your ability, depending on your experience, then you should be proud of it regardless whether it's popular or not on Modhub.

Modhub ratings never accurately reflect a mods quality or how much your likely to enjoy it.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Lygge

Post by Lygge »

Interesting perspectives, not all players can please, but I think that by listening to the players, could learn new things. Yes, I know that ideas and hopes from players do not run out.
Playing at PC via Origin
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

I rate maps on farm design, field shape and road system, everything else such as added crops, modded bga, etc... Are just bonuses. For example, I prefer medium to large but not huge fields, a few animal pens on the main farm, but others away, I don't like straight flat roads, etc... Lone oak, American life, pacific northwest (I place animals in the lower area). I have played almost every map in modhub for at least 20+ hours with the exception of polish maps....way to small for my taste