A Serious Question about FS22, plz respond

mikewilson.sr

A Serious Question about FS22, plz respond

Post by mikewilson.sr »

I recently read here in the forum that FS22 is going to utilize AMD, I have a high end gaming laptop PC which I had to scrape and save up to get, it's less then a year old,
It isn't AMD based. I dont have the ability to get another PC, this PC is Nvidia based.
my question is will the New FS22 work on my system?
Which is Nvidia 1650 which is over kill with Farming Simulator, but I got with future FS games in mind
So I would only have to get one PC with out having to upgrade again with future games
Please Advise!!
DEERE317

Re: A Serious Question about FS22, plz respond

Post by DEERE317 »

Yes, FS22 will work on Nvidia (and Intel) graphics cards. Not actually sure how GIANTS would have much PC sales if they didn’t...
And your 1650 probably will play it with medium/high settings.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Guil

Post by Guil »

1650 is not overkill by any stretch of the imagination.
To answer your question, no one has a clue so don't listen to rumours
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

It'll be fine. FSR support isn't required. The AMD FSR feature obviously works on their products, however it's an open standard so Nvidia (or anyone else) can use the technology if they wish. I suspect Nvidia would rather people used their closed DLSS technology instead.

Despite all the acronym bingo in the sentence above, FS 22 will work fine on your Nvidia card. It just might not be quite as optimised as on a current gen AMD GPU.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

I also have 16 GB Ram, Amd Ryzen 3500X, 6 GB Nvidia Rtx2060. Can't play on High or Ultra settings? :/
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

FSR is a spatial upscaler that works on any hardware if allowed. There isnt anything new to this and it is disappointing as you can add this in game engines as well, UE got a better version of this for example. So while you get higher frame rates you also lose a lot of image quality and it looks awful. Sometimes simply reducing settings gives a better result than upscaling. A TV may also have better hardware upscaler than what FSR can ever produce.

Nvidia (DLSS) on the other hand and likely Intel (XeSS?) uses AI to upscale instead via tensor cores. This is a whole other ballgame and result wise as well. You can use an AI upscaler that looks better than native with more details and higher quality than what you can produce without.

For consoles that is already showing performance problems for nextgen, FSR will be something developers can utilize to get acceptable frame rates vs before. Or to lower memory usage as well.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

faruk9154 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:00 pm I also have 16 GB Ram, Amd Ryzen 3500X, 6 GB Nvidia Rtx2060. Can't play on High or Ultra settings? :/
That’s odd, the actual gaming PC (not the laptop) in my signature can run the game at 1080p with custom graphics settings (maxed out everything) @60fps and 30-40fps on a 4x map looking at a farmyard (and this save uses lots of great to adequately made mods)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
mikewilson.sr

Post by mikewilson.sr »

OK, Thank you all for your feedback, I was questioning whether or not that the programming and coding of the graphics would be compadible with my PC, Givin my PC is nVidia based i wasnt sure if it would be, and Although I do want to purchase and play the next installment of the franchise (FS22) I was questioning whether or not it would be compadible with my system. Thus it wouldn't make since to get it when it came out,if it wouldnt work on my system. Does anyone know what the system reqiurments for FS 22 will be yet?
Last edited by mikewilson.sr on Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Presumably similar to FS19 as the game engine is similar and it still runs on last Gen hardware
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

According to Giants, 22 will run better on last gen consoles than 19 does, so perhaps the spec requirements for PC will be less.
mikewilson.sr

Post by mikewilson.sr »

@Farm Boss, yes that may be the case with consoles, However I tried FS on my Xbox console, I perfer the PC version, WIth that stated I was asking this question in regards to my PC gaming rig. if you refer to my post at the top, I was trying to investigate whether or not the NEW FS22 will be compadible with it, to determine if I will purchase it upon release or not, due to financial hardship due to covid I cant afford to buy a new PC that would be compadible, This PC I have which is my gaming rig, its less then a year old, its a high end Gaming laptop PC, it took a while to save the money up to get it, Its a custom design spacifally for FS.
It a nVidia 1650 based duel hard drive 1 TB of space PC. Thus is why I stated earlier it a bit overkill for FS, But I was tired of my pc's crashing every I would play FS in past machines.
And if I'm going to get the next version I have begin saving up for it now so I'll have the financial means to get when its released, Thus I'm asking questions to determine first if the new game will be compatible with my PC, Given the new game is AMD based, and My PC is nVidia based, and other factors. this why Im asking questions about this, its pointless to save up the money to purchase the new version of FS, if it wont work with my PC.
Again thank you all very much for all the imput, your information is helping me to figure this out, and you are very much appriciated!!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I wouldn’t call it AMD based, just actually capable of utilizing AMD hardware better.
Manfi

Post by Manfi »

If I remember correctly on discord it was stated that if you had problems running FS19 then for FS22 you may need a hardware upgrade.

If you are experiencing problems with smoothness, try installing the game on an SSD if you have been using a HDD so far.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Anything is just speculation yet.

Great if what farmboss says is true
mikewilson.sr

Post by mikewilson.sr »

Manfi wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:57 am If I remember correctly on discord it was stated that if you had problems running FS19 then for FS22 you may need a hardware upgrade.

If you are experiencing problems with smoothness, try installing the game on an SSD if you have been using a HDD so far.
No problems with 19 , that why I got the new PC, the one I had previously, should have worked but would crash 80%of the time, and I would constantly have to reset it, or re-install the op system, and then reinstall FS 15,and 19.
Funny thing is I had no problems with 17.
That got Giants attention not in good way with the unlock code, I would prefer not to have a repeat of that situation. But I don't know if it will, but I would like to error on the side of caution. That why I'm asking questions from those in the forum, if anyone has answers; It's those in the forum.
Again thank you all for the input. It's appriciated!
Best Regards