Selling animals

JensChrDK

Selling animals

Post by JensChrDK »

Hi good people.

I am playing on Eiersholt with seasons, and I'm struggling a little with my pigs - maybe I'm making it more problematic than it should be..

I have to go to one screen to see what pig is pregnant, and another screen to sell those that aren't. Anybody know a mod where this can be done on the same screen??
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
kahfs

Re: Selling animals

Post by kahfs »

Normally I would only sell based on weight and age. That information is on the hud when picking out animals for transfer or selling. I don't appreciate much the fact that it takes most of a season before your animals give birth. So I "fix" that in the items.xml file. There is clearly room for a mod where the player can make adjustments to birthing season.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

Since pigs have a gestation(pregnancy) period of 3 months, 3 weeks & 3 days(113 to 117days) and they will nurse their young for about a month so 3 litters a year is about normal for pigs.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Kamoore65536 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:54 pm Since pigs have a gestation(pregnancy) period of 3 months, 3 weeks & 3 days(113 to 117days) and they will nurse their young for about a month so 3 litters a year is about normal for pigs.
Yep
And also for anyone who doesn’t know sell at around 280lbs otherwise you’re wasting food.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

kahfs wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:59 am Normally I would only sell based on weight and age. That information is on the hud when picking out animals for transfer or selling. I don't appreciate much the fact that it takes most of a season before your animals give birth. So I "fix" that in the items.xml file. There is clearly room for a mod where the player can make adjustments to birthing season.
I also sell based on weight, but there is no reason to sell one that is ready to give birth in the next couple of days.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

JensChrDK wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:20 pm
kahfs wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:59 am Normally I would only sell based on weight and age. That information is on the hud when picking out animals for transfer or selling. I don't appreciate much the fact that it takes most of a season before your animals give birth. So I "fix" that in the items.xml file. There is clearly room for a mod where the player can make adjustments to birthing season.
I also sell based on weight, but there is no reason to sell one that is ready to give birth in the next couple of days.
Now that would be a shame, in particular if you have waited a long time for the "happy occasion". I tend to play on maps where I can extend the farm yard with separate pens for growing cows and pigs. That way I only sell from these pens. It doubles the feeding work, so you have to like yard work.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)