Removing rubbish in maps

tom1979

Removing rubbish in maps

Post by tom1979 »

Is it reasonably straight forward to remove c*ap scattered around in maps in the Giants Editor? Marwell Manor has some rubbish/scrap stuff right in the way of the silage pit - stuff that really wouldn't be there in real life! Would be good to get rid of it if possible!
Ritchie

Re: Removing rubbish in maps

Post by Ritchie »

Select the object, making sure you've selected all its elements, and move it below the map. Sometimes if you delete objects from a map it can cause all sorts of unexpected results.
The way Marwell is set up you'll need to make the changes to the farm i3d itself and not just in the main map i3d file. Think it's saved in the sell points folder, if I remember correctly (I could be wrong but it's in a sub folder for sure).
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

or just use the map object hider mod.. makes it really easy, at least for most stuff
Playing on PC and PS4
tom1979

Post by tom1979 »

Drmattymd wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:55 am or just use the map object hider mod.. makes it really easy, at least for most stuff

Oh! Hadn’t heard of that one! I’ll give that a go!
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

tom1979 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:30 am
Drmattymd wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:55 am or just use the map object hider mod.. makes it really easy, at least for most stuff

Make sure to have a backup of the savegame first as sometimes items are linked together and when you delete one thing something else goes it happened to me on Chellington.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

norfolk farmer wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:07 pm
tom1979 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:30 am

Make sure to have a backup of the savegame first as sometimes items are linked together and when you delete one thing something else goes it happened to me on Chellington.
With the last update you can restore things you deleted, I believe
Playing on PC and PS4
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

What they are mentioning above. Map Object Hider basically utilizes GE to remove objects and hide them using a custom xml in the savegame file. It's like landscaping, don't have autosave activated. Also, some map makers organize their transform groups a bit different, so you could delete a rubbish pile and accidentally remove the ocean :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
tom1979

Post by tom1979 »

I had a quick look yesterday, Marwell & Chellington even the smallest of items are tied to the farm so not much can be removed. Holme Wold Farm seems a lot more separated and it was possible to have a good tidy up!

With Marwell & Chellington I’d imagine it’s the way it’s been optimised for consoles/slots but not 100% sure, it could just be the way oxygendavid does things.

But why you’d put a load of scrap metal in front of a silage pit when you know people use courseplay for compacting I don’t know!

I may still have a look at GE Editor.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

tom1979 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:36 am I had a quick look yesterday, Marwell & Chellington even the smallest of items are tied to the farm so not much can be removed. Holme Wold Farm seems a lot more separated and it was possible to have a good tidy up!

With Marwell & Chellington I’d imagine it’s the way it’s been optimised for consoles/slots but not 100% sure, it could just be the way oxygendavid does things.

But why you’d put a load of scrap metal in front of a silage pit when you know people use courseplay for compacting I don’t know!

I may still have a look at GE Editor.
You can delete whatever clutter you want on Marwell, I've done it. There is a separate i3d for the placeable farm that you need to edit, not the main map i3d. Presume chellington is the same but I've not played that map.
tom1979

Post by tom1979 »

Is it fairly straightforward to do in giants editor? I’ve not really looked at it before.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

tom1979 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:27 am Is it fairly straightforward to do in giants editor? I’ve not really looked at it before.
It might take a while to get used to the 3D movement but GE isn't hard to use.

As long as you keep a backup you can mess up as much as you like. :biggrin2:
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

tom1979 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:27 am Is it fairly straightforward to do in giants editor? I’ve not really looked at it before.
Always keep a backup prior to doing any changes sometimes it's better to drag items below the map rather than deleting them.
I'm no pc expert but I found it fairly straight forward,learning by breaking things worked for me hence the all important backup :mrgreen:
tom1979

Post by tom1979 »

Thanks for all the replies - I have done what was needed in the Giants Editor!