Question about seasons and the weather forecast

JusGSi

Question about seasons and the weather forecast

Post by JusGSi »

So I'm just getting stuck into playing seasons and I'm not sure how the weather forecast matches up.

I'm playing 6 day seasons. When the weather forecast says today and then the rest of the week, how does that match up with how I'm playing?

Do I have multiple days in a game day or does one game day match one day on the forecast?

I'm trying to plan when to cut the grass to make hay. Today is saturday on the forecast which is dry, Sunday is dry and Monday is forecast rain.

Thanks
Check out my YouTube Channel - Cleft Lip Gamer - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjiZK9 ... abJliHggaw
aklein

Re: Question about seasons and the weather forecast

Post by aklein »

A day is a day. 6 day seasons so you have 2 days per transition. If its day 1 of early spring then today and tomorrow is early spring while 2 days from now is the first day of mid sprint and 4 days from now is the first day of late spring and then 6 days from now is the first day of early summer.

The forecast is less accurate the further out it is. So if it shows rain on day 5 it may or may not end up raining that day and the forecast might change for that given day as you get closer to the day.
JusGSi

Post by JusGSi »

Thank you :)
Check out my YouTube Channel - Cleft Lip Gamer - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjiZK9 ... abJliHggaw
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

JusGSi wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:17 pm

I'm trying to plan when to cut the grass to make hay. Today is saturday on the forecast which is dry, Sunday is dry and Monday is forecast rain.

Thanks
In real life regardless of what the forecast says getting grass dropped on the ground will make it rain :lol:
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

If you look along the header row towards the top of the forecast page, it breaks it down. It shows the day you're currently in in 3 hour blocks, then it transitions into the next few days.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:24 pm

Thanks
In real life regardless of what the forecast says getting grass dropped on the ground will make it rain :lol:
And I think Realismus coded that into Seasons also, I remember on Formal Pickles RP series a while back it seemed to be a given.
And I usually am baling grass and hauling the Kuhn 4014 around rather than baling hay... :lol:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
JusGSi

Post by JusGSi »

norfolk farmer wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:24 pm

Thanks
As soon as I get the mower out it rains!!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

If it doesn’t immediately put you in a time crunch be worried… we had a week of dry weather, it took a week to bale with mechanical/tying issues. (And our neighbor’s NH round baler wouldn’t feed net, and our Jd salesman's baler broke and went to urgent care with back pain)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.