FS22 Cinematic Trailer

Mobias

Re: FS22 Cinematic Trailer

Post by Mobias »

Miketeg wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:28 pm I still don't get how you can be disapointed by something that is not even released...but that's just me!
Visually its pretty much FS-19 all over again. Like BulletBill FS-19 really turned me off big time. From the screen shots we've seen so far there does look like there's been a bit of a subtle improvement over FS19 and I'm open to being sold on whats possible in the hands of modders but over all it is just a slightly visually refined version of FS19, and FS19 looked terrible in my opinion. Thats why I'm not excited. And I'm not excited by Giants throwing everything and the kitchen sink into the sim so they can market the game has having ever more 'stuff' in it that will only appeal to a handful of people anyway.

To be slightly positive though I'm aware we've only really seen a handful of screen shots and I'd like to see what sort of things they've done with weather effects and the new 3D looking textures. Sounds are a big deal for me in games. Are we getting an audio make over? I'm keen to find out more but like I said I'm not excited, yet.
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

Visually I dont have that much hopes for improvements, FS 19 lookes good nowdays anyway..... And they need to keep this game functional for consoles also.

My hopes are for better machinery sounds, weather issues more based on todays crazy climate, physics, crop textures, make machines break easier and base game map to look actually something from the real world.

I'm just happy that this time we dont need to focus on "where is the John Deere?" "What about Claas??" "where is the American maps?" :D
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

Yeah so far I don't see any ground breaking visuals as far as the ground goes. What I would like to see is if it rains and the snow will create muddy fields or when the snow melts does the snow turn to slush?

Farming Simulator is still my favorite game, and that says a lot considering I test a half dozen games for devs every year.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

You can “disable” crops already.

It’s called; don’t plant them
Ignorance is bliss
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:06 am You can “disable” crops already.

Tell that to the AI farmers.
Edit: I think it can be configured in the map files…
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I've been playing FS since 13 and the one thing that has remained constant is that despite the fact that people put thousands of hours into each installment, nobody is ever satisfied with the game. Every new game is claimed to be the same as the last version, even though there are hundreds of videos on YouTube documenting how much the series has changed over the years (e.g. it was only 2 games ago that we couldn't even dump crops and other materials on the ground and pick them up).

The graphics are always claimed to be a minor improvement despite the fact that the mobile edition now looks as good as some of the earlier full games. The number of brands in the game has increased exponentially, but nobody cares because we still don't have licensed pickup trucks. We get new maps every year, but they're never good enough because modders (who make them as a hobby and aren't under time and budget constraints that Giants employees are) make better ones.

We get new crops and complicated machinery that are highly requested, but they're never enough because everyone wants crops that would impact the games rating and reduce the player base, and new livestock that nobody cares about because they can't be raised for slaughter. We get environmental improvements and terraforming but that's not enough because we don't have a feature that doesn't even work properly in mudrunner (seriously, drive through a section of mud more than 5 times on that game and you will notice it becomes nearly impassable, and tell me how that's going to work in a game where you drive the same path hundreds of times with plows and cultivators).

They drastically increased the number of mods they test and release them every weekday instead of once or twice a week on previous games, but 90% of posts are people complaining that a particular mod hasn't passed yet (and then when it does pass, they use it twice and are already asking for the next shiny new thing they heard about from YouTubers). They release dlcs with new brands but the famers complain about the forestry ones, the forestry people complain about the farming ones, small farmers complain about big equipment, big farmers complain about small equipment, and everyone else complains that there aren't any classic equipment dlcs because the equipment brands don't want to license old equipment they don't sell any more.

We don't have microtransactions, gambling, loot boxes, pay to win, or any other modern gaming industry standards, but if you read the forums you'd be under the impression that Giants is worse than those Nigerian email scammers. There are lots of things I would change or add to the game and it will never be perfect, but reading the same tired arguments on here every day is starting to get old already, and the next game is months away.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Harrumph
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:33 am

Not sure how it works on PC, but on console YOU control what the AI is planting.
Is it different on PC?
Ignorance is bliss
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:04 am

Not sure how it works on PC, but on console YOU control what the AI is planting.
Is it different on PC?
How so? I haven't seen this, but then again, it's easy to miss things even at 1500+ game hours :lol:
MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:54 am
I've been playing FS since 13 and the one thing that has remained constant is that despite the fact that people put thousands of hours into each installment, nobody is ever satisfied with the game. Every new game is claimed to be the same as the last version, even though there are hundreds of videos on YouTube documenting how much the series has changed over the years (e.g. it was only 2 games ago that we couldn't even dump crops and other materials on the ground and pick them up).

The graphics are always claimed to be a minor improvement despite the fact that the mobile edition now looks as good as some of the earlier full games. The number of brands in the game has increased exponentially, but nobody cares because we still don't have licensed pickup trucks. We get new maps every year, but they're never good enough because modders (who make them as a hobby and aren't under time and budget constraints that Giants employees are) make better ones.

We get new crops and complicated machinery that are highly requested, but they're never enough because everyone wants crops that would impact the games rating and reduce the player base, and new livestock that nobody cares about because they can't be raised for slaughter. We get environmental improvements and terraforming but that's not enough because we don't have a feature that doesn't even work properly in mudrunner (seriously, drive through a section of mud more than 5 times on that game and you will notice it becomes nearly impassable, and tell me how that's going to work in a game where you drive the same path hundreds of times with plows and cultivators).

They drastically increased the number of mods they test and release them every weekday instead of once or twice a week on previous games, but 90% of posts are people complaining that a particular mod hasn't passed yet (and then when it does pass, they use it twice and are already asking for the next shiny new thing they heard about from YouTubers). They release dlcs with new brands but the famers complain about the forestry ones, the forestry people complain about the farming ones, small farmers complain about big equipment, big farmers complain about small equipment, and everyone else complains that there aren't any classic equipment dlcs because the equipment brands don't want to license old equipment they don't sell any more.

We don't have microtransactions, gambling, loot boxes, pay to win, or any other modern gaming industry standards, but if you read the forums you'd be under the impression that Giants is worse than those Nigerian email scammers. There are lots of things I would change or add to the game and it will never be perfect, but reading the same tired arguments on here every day is starting to get old already, and the next game is months away.
I think this is unspoken of, but most of us know it to be true. Even I need to be reminded of something like this at times
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:04 am

Is it different on PC?
Doesn’t work like that on console or PC, the AI farmers plant whatever they want without regard for realism or what you planted.
And by ai Farmer I mean the fields you don’t own, not ai helpers.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:54 am

What he said.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:54 am We get environmental improvements and terraforming but that's not enough because we don't have a feature that doesn't even work properly in mudrunner (seriously, drive through a section of mud more than 5 times on that game and you will notice it becomes nearly impassable, and tell me how that's going to work in a game where you drive the same path hundreds of times with plows and cultivators).
Sometimes I wonder if the people who want mudrunner / snowrunner like "deformable" (heh) terrain have actually played these games, or just watched a few youtube videos.

Snowrunner has the dubious honour of being the only game I've purchased on Steam that I returned. It looks quite fun in videos, hence why I bought it, but the game is incredibly boring and the driving physics are shockingly bad. This is a real problem in a game which is all about driving. The game world is so dead that it feels like you are driving your off-road vehicles in some post nuclear apocalyptic world. The graphics are pretty though. The only game with a worse and less realistic "atmosphere" that I can think of is Gold Rush: The Game. A gold mining simulator where a man with one arm digs for gold, despite the fact that everyone else died in a zombie outbreak. I am pretty sure that he cut off his arm after he was bitten by a zombie to stop himself from becoming one too.

If you look at the snowrunner steam forums, you will find people even angrier than the angry voices here. One thing they can agree on though is that the previous versions were better. Then again, you will find the "previous version better" crowd on nearly all game series related forums.
Smokee

Post by Smokee »

texasplowboy wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:39 pm Yeah so far I don't see any ground breaking visuals as far as the ground goes. What I would like to see is if it rains and the snow will create muddy fields or when the snow melts does the snow turn to slush?

Farming Simulator is still my favorite game, and that says a lot considering I test a half dozen games for devs every year.
Well, you have SnowRunner for that, but it would be great to something similar even if it is not that advanced :)
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:54 am ......Wall of text listing all the things everyone else has ever complained about.....

Then finishes with....

"There are lots of things I would change or add to the game and it will never be perfect, but reading the same tired arguments on here every day is starting to get old already"
What's the difference between listing things that other people would change, and saying "There are lots of things I would change or add to the game and it will never be perfect".
Is saying "There are lots of things I would change or add to the game and it will never be perfect" not a tired argument yet, not getting old yet?
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

theSeb wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:19 am If you look at the snowrunner steam forums, you will find people even angrier than the angry voices here....
I think people are angrier on EVERY steam forum.

But I agree, I wouldn't want snowrunners "physics" in this game, it feels very wrong. I drive 4x4 off-road very often and I don't get what's happening in that game at all.

Edit: also what MrSquelypig said, I'll stand behind that statement any day of the week.