FS22 Cinematic Trailer

johnlinden

Re: FS22 Cinematic Trailer

Post by johnlinden »

Hi, just want to give Giants a thumbs up, nice trailer. I started playing at the start of the year, love it. So many maps and mods, don't have time to play them all. I have completed the game, only 0.5% have completed this game. But it didn't stop there, always new stuff, so much I don't have time for it all. With the new game, I believe to see, use, and enjoy the new game it may take years to fully complete the game and all it's features. That being said, can't wait to get into it.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:27 am
MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:54 am ......Wall of text listing all the things everyone else has ever complained about.....

Then finishes with....

"There are lots of things I would change or add to the game and it will never be perfect, but reading the same tired arguments on here every day is starting to get old already"
What's the difference between listing things that other people would change, and saying "There are lots of things I would change or add to the game and it will never be perfect".
Is saying "There are lots of things I would change or add to the game and it will never be perfect" not a tired argument yet, not getting old yet?
Because:

1) There's a difference between me saying "I wish there were hand shovels in the game" and saying "Giants employees *censored* and this game is trash because there are no hand shovels"
2) I don't threaten to boycott the game because it doesn't have all the things I want and has things that other people want that I don't
3) I don't expect insanely difficult to program features from a small game studio that's self-publishing for the first time
4) The overwhelming majority of my posts on here are positive posts, not 99% complaining
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Hoffa82 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:31 am
But I agree, I wouldn't want snowrunners "physics" in this game, it feels very wrong. I drive 4x4 off-road very often and I don't get what's happening in that game at all.
Same, it’s like the worlds slowest to react driver is driving and everything feels incredibly heavy, like heavier and slower than a lot of heavy equipment. Tried a few times and wasn’t impressed.
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

I was really disappointed in it after having spent so much time in Mudrunner.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:56 am
FarmBoss wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:27 am
MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:54 am ......Wall of text listing all the things everyone else has ever complained about.....

Then finishes with....

"There are lots of things I would change or add to the game and it will never be perfect, but reading the same tired arguments on here every day is starting to get old already"
What's the difference between listing things that other people would change, and saying "There are lots of things I would change or add to the game and it will never be perfect".
Is saying "There are lots of things I would change or add to the game and it will never be perfect" not a tired argument yet, not getting old yet?
Because:

1) There's a difference between me saying "I wish there were hand shovels in the game" and saying "Giants employees *censored* and this game is trash because there are no hand shovels"
2) I don't threaten to boycott the game because it doesn't have all the things I want and has things that other people want that I don't
3) I don't expect insanely difficult to program features from a small game studio that's self-publishing for the first time
4) The overwhelming majority of my posts on here are positive posts, not 99% complaining
Now you're adding to the list :lol:
Sorry, I just find it hypocritical that you're complaining about people who would change things about the game, and then end with "There are lots of things I would change or add to the game".
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:17 pm Now you're adding to the list :lol:
Sorry, I just find it hypocritical that you're complaining about people who would change things about the game, and then end with "There are lots of things I would change or add to the game".
If you're going to quote someone you may want to read what the quote says in the future.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:16 am

Doesn’t work like that on console or PC, the AI farmers plant whatever they want without regard for realism or what you planted.
And by ai Farmer I mean the fields you don’t own, not ai helpers.
Aahhhh. I misunderstood what you meant by AI farmers. I thought you meant the helpers…

In that case, it would be very nice if you could toggle crops on and off
Ignorance is bliss
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:41 pm Aahhhh. I misunderstood what you meant by AI farmers. I thought you meant the helpers…

Hypothetically this would be good if they also removed from the filltypes limit, so before the map and mods load.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:31 pm
If you're going to quote someone you may want to read what the quote says in the future.
To summarize your first post:
There are lots of things I would change or add to the game, but when other people want to change something (graphics, livestock, crops, terraforming ), it's annoying.

In your second message, you listed completely different things.
For the sake of argument, what are some of the "lots of things" you'd change or add in the game?
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:41 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:16 am

Doesn’t work like that on console or PC, the AI farmers plant whatever they want without regard for realism or what you planted.
And by ai Farmer I mean the fields you don’t own, not ai helpers.
Aahhhh. I misunderstood what you meant by AI farmers. I thought you meant the helpers…

If you could toggle NPC crops off completely, as in not grow anything, it would probably really improve performance as well. It would only be used by people who don't do contracts.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:51 pm
MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:31 pm
To summarize your first post:
There are lots of things I would change or add to the game, but when other people want to change something (graphics, livestock, crops, terraforming ), it's annoying.

In your second message, you listed completely different things.
For the sake of argument, what are some of the "lots of things" you'd change or add in the game?
The entire point of my post isn't that people shouldn't request changes. It's that they should be reasonable about what a small studio can do, don't trash Giants employees because their idea isn't possible, and actually take a look at the history of the game before making statements about how it's supposedly the same game every year (which isn't even remotely true).
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

But they are not so small anymore and they are self publishing now
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

njuska11 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:34 pm But they are not so small anymore and they are self publishing now
...and they're charging as much as the big boys.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:41 pm
njuska11 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:34 pm But they are not so small anymore and they are self publishing now
....... which you don't have to pay.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:05 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:41 pm
....... which you don't have to pay.
.... but I will.