FS22 Cinematic Trailer

Luftkopf

Re: FS22 Cinematic Trailer

Post by Luftkopf »

Given the number of hours of enjoyment I get from it, it's absolutely worth what they're asking for to me.
Also, I am absolutely hyped for the grapes and olives. I'll get to play nostalgia, but this time I won't have to harvest the grapes by hand!
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Luftkopf wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:19 pm Given the number of hours of enjoyment I get from it, it's absolutely worth what they're asking for to me.
Also, I am absolutely hyped for the grapes and olives. I'll get to play nostalgia, but this time I won't have to harvest the grapes by hand!
£6.75 for a two hour film £3.37/hr against £35 for 3,000 hrs on FS19 which is £0.012 per hour seems like a good deal to me.

Grapes and olives, maybe.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

:smileynew:
Last edited by FarmBoss on Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:36 pm
Luftkopf wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:19 pm Given the number of hours of enjoyment I get from it, it's absolutely worth what they're asking for to me.
£6.75 for a two hour film £3.37/hr against £35 for 3,000 hrs on FS19 which is £0.012 per hour seems like a good deal to me.

Grapes and olives, maybe.
I have to put a new nice gaming laptop on top, but even if I pay around 3000 Euro it´s worth it. 1 Euro per hour sounds very reasonable, and I have other hobbies which are a lot more expensive...
Wilmx829

Post by Wilmx829 »

Interesting seeing what looks like aflatoxin on the corn, maybe fungus/fungicide and other diseases are being added in as another facet as of crop management. I would love this with long seasons.
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

wrs wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:59 pm
I am here because like you, I suspect you play FS19, as I did 17 and 15. Let's face it the game isn't all that realistic especially if you play in single-player and use helpers or had to before such lovely things such as Follow me, Courseplay and a whole heap of mods that actually make the game worth playing for starters.
The AI is crumby at best, and courseplay certainly shows up giants for one, The gameplay is meh at times, More rinse and repeat.....Who knows with the new factories might have slightly more to do. Without the mods this game, as it's a game not really a simulation. Simulation see Flight Sims.

As yes being as it's a free country where I live, If I want to pick fault with a game then I will, And if you or anyone else don't like it tough.

But Giants don't listen to players and really again they have proved it with GRAPES and Olives, I have zero interest in these just like cotton as I suspect many others will. So where are Onions, Beetroots, Carrots, Cabbage the proper down to earth crops that proper farmers grow all of which would be easily integrated into the game? Where is the calf rearing, Piglet rearing, Lambs etc.....
Then we can get on to the physics of the game, Autoload trailers still down to modders, Gearboxes, sounds, labouring engines, Tractors and other machines actually sounding individual like they should not just some droning on noise, GPS built in.
Where are the wide, row crop, duals, track options on every tractor, same can be said for loaders, I want to able to change the tyres on all tractors if I want, Put loaders on all tractors as that's what you can do in real life rather than what giants want to put in. How about being able to use the front and rear linkage and not just up or down, Being able to move it a little bit or leaving the linkage down when you have certain trailed implements on the tractor. Proper pickup hitches, drawbars, oh hell I could go on and on.

All stuff players want.
I hear you, on all fronts. Unfortunately I feel like I may not have stated the point of my response appropriately.

What I'm saying is, why are you so frustrated at Giants and FS22, about all these things that we literally have no idea about. We don't know what animal care will entail. We don't know EVERY crop that's being added. We don't know what the sounds will be. We know hardly enough to make even part of the assumptions you're making. You may be correct...but for now, we don't know. No point in being so aggressive to Giants about stuff we don't know yet.

I'd also encourage you to not be so fast to dismiss grapes and olives being added. Sure, you don't like them, but I bet alot of people will. I'm not a huge fan of growing cotton, but it added a new crop type, harvester, equipment, etc to the game. There have even been some FANTASTIC cotton mods created by the community. I'm not particularly interested in any of the crops you listed...does that mean they're stupid if they get added? No, not likely. I just wont grow them. I'm from the Midwest US, we grow Corn, Soybeans, and Wheat....that's it. Should I be petitioning for them to get rid of all other crops because I'm not going to plant them? No..not likely.

Just be patient my friend. If in 3 or 4 or 5 months when a lot more details have been released and you're not happy...then I won't fault you for complaining. I don't have insane expectations for FS22, I expect it to be a reskinned FS19. It is what it is. If your cautious, wait to buy it. I'm sure every Farm Sim youtuber and twitch streamer in the world will provide hours of content for you to judge the game for yourself before you spend your money.

Just remember, every pizza is a personal pan pizza if you try hard and believe in yourself. Have a fantastic day!
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:02 pm
I am positive that Fs22 will prove to be a massive disappointment to myself... very very positive... :lol:

Does that count? *thumbsup* :lol:

(P.S. Don't confuse people complaining out of frustration than just complaining for the sake of it.

It's nice that plenty of you are not put off by the un-natural graphics, or anything else that is questionable about the game, but don't knock the players who want to enjoy a Farming game as much as everyone else. As at the moment if you don't like Fs19/22 it's either Fs17 or an unfinished game that shall remain un-named for fear of censorship.)
That's your prerogative. I won't fault you for that. I understand OP was complaining out of frustration, but what is there to be frustrated about with FS22 at this point? There isn't anything...because we don't know anything. Will we have stuff to complain about and be disappointed in? Definitely. Is it right to complain about something we have no idea about? In my opinion, no. That's like complaining to my wife that we're not having spaghetti for supper next Tuesday. Maybe we are? I don't know...so I won't complain about it.

I understand you're an incredible modder, and a very prominent name in the FS world. Lone Oak is my favorite FS map of all time. I think over 1600 of my 1900ish FS19 hours have been spent on that map. Love it. It's my gold standard for farming simulator maps. On that note, I know you've been very vocal and very critical of giants since FS19 release. That's fine, you do you. I'm sure you know that when YOU speak, people listen. Don't be so fast to dismiss FS22, because it creates a hivemind of BB fans that echo your sentiments. We just don't know yet.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I take it you mean by Op wrs? Since I (Thread OP) have gotten accused of being a GIANTS shill before…
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Man, everyone complaining about what crops are being added... I'm excited to play with new crops despite what they are. We'll get the others eventually, hopefully sooner rather than later. But, for just growing the stuffs that is known to our location I'd be stuck to just corn and hay with cows....... I'd have to buy chicken feed from the local Co-Op.... Pigs and Horses are out and sheep out too and the only tractor I'd get to drive is the New Holland T.6. :lol: :hi:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
lawm

Post by lawm »

I was simply asking for an option to turn off certain crops. If crops are what the masses want then I'm sure that's what we will get. If this deal for an iroc comes thru it wont matter to me either way.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

NotoriousWeber wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:10 pm That's like complaining to my wife that we're not having spaghetti for supper next Tuesday.
One should never complain about his Wife's cooking, not if he wants to live for another day. :lol:
NotoriousWeber wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:10 pm I understand you're an incredible modder, and a very prominent name in the FS world. On that note, I know you've been very vocal and very critical of giants since FS19 release. That's fine, you do you. I'm sure you know that when YOU speak, people listen. Don't be so fast to dismiss FS22, because it creates a hivemind of BB fans that echo your sentiments. We just don't know yet.
See this bit makes me even more frustrated... people are so quick to assume, or presume my motives on everything I say.

I don't state my opinions to influence anyone, they are just my opinions, same as everyone else's.
I have no time or respect for "fanboys" or people who base there opinions on what "some guy" said or who are just easily swayed by the slightest comment.

I do respect people who have formed there opinions based on real facts that they have taken time to think about, even if I don't agree with them.
Plenty of my friends on my Discord enjoy playing Fs19 and are looking forward to Fs22. My opinion of those game versions doesn't influence them to stop playing it, nor should it anyone else.

Also my dislike of Fs22 is not based on the pointless, although entertaining CGI trailer, but is on the number of ingame screenshots that have been released already, as well as the Dev Blogs and so far released "new" features.

I love Farm Sim, but Fs19 and now Fs22 are just continual disappointments to me. If you or others like playing it that makes no difference to me and my enjoyment.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I still don't get how you can be disapointed by something that is not even released...but that's just me!
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

lawm wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:44 pm I was simply asking for an option to turn off certain crops. If crops are what the masses want then I'm sure that's what we will get. If this deal for an iroc comes thru it wont matter to me either way.
I agree with what you're saying, about disabling crops for a game... it would be great for roleplay purposes. Especially now that GIANTS are incorporating their own version of seasons. I don't know what they are going to do with it, none of us do. But, I (currently in FS19) have 4 saves with 4 different GEO's simulating 4 different regions. My current farms.....

1. Red Devil Industries - GEO: Australia Queensland - Sugarcane Farm (NO Root Crops)
2. Green Acres - GEO: U.S. Midwest - ....
3. Hidden Acres - GEO: Germany
4. Old Stream Farms - GEO: Northern Sweden - This is my subarctic farm... I love farming this one. :mrgreen:

So, I do hope that crops can be disabled... similar to what the GEO mods for the seasons mod now does. :hi:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
lawm

Post by lawm »

GothicKing13 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:30 pm
lawm wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:44 pm I was simply asking for an option to turn off certain crops. If crops are what the masses want then I'm sure that's what we will get. If this deal for an iroc comes thru it wont matter to me either way.
I agree with what you're saying, about disabling crops for a game... it would be great for roleplay purposes. Especially now that GIANTS are incorporating their own version of seasons. I don't know what they are going to do with it, none of us do. But, I (currently in FS19) have 4 saves with 4 different GEO's simulating 4 different regions. My current farms.....

1. Red Devil Industries - GEO: Australia Queensland - Sugarcane Farm (NO Root Crops)
2. Green Acres - GEO: U.S. Midwest - ....
3. Hidden Acres - GEO: Germany
4. Old Stream Farms - GEO: Northern Sweden - This is my subarctic farm... I love farming this one. :mrgreen:

So, I do hope that crops can be disabled... similar to what the GEO mods for the seasons mod now does. :hi:
My only gripe with the geos is that for instance american life farming I noticed you get a default setup for the additional crops unless someone makes a geo for that map and crops. My main want of turning off certain crops is on vanilla play all are active. More is better......more along with more options is best lol.
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

BulletBill wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:07 pm

I don't state my opinions to influence anyone, they are just my opinions, same as everyone else's.
I have no time or respect for "fanboys" or people who base there opinions on what "some guy" said or who are just easily swayed by the slightest comment.
I apologize if I insinuated you do it intentionally. I know that's not the case. Kids, man. Am I right?