FS22 Cinematic Trailer

blue_painted

Re: FS22 Cinematic Trailer

Post by blue_painted »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:12 pm
blue_painted wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:05 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:41 pm

...and they're charging as much as the big boys.
....... which you don't have to pay.
.... but I will.
... which would suggest that you accept the price charged.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:19 pm ... which would suggest that you accept the price charged.
Price of FS19 when it was released was 34.99€. FS22 is 39.99€. Not the end of the world.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Sounds about right with inflation.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

So a video of nothing that has to do with actual gameplay footage. Got it, thanx
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

theSeb wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:19 am

Sometimes I wonder if the people who want mudrunner / snowrunner like "deformable" (heh) terrain have actually played these games, or just watched a few youtube videos.

Snowrunner has the dubious honour of being the only game I've purchased on Steam that I returned. It looks quite fun in videos, hence why I bought it, but the game is incredibly boring and the driving physics are shockingly bad. This is a real problem in a game which is all about driving. The game world is so dead that it feels like you are driving your off-road vehicles in some post nuclear apocalyptic world. The graphics are pretty though. The only game with a worse and less realistic "atmosphere" that I can think of is Gold Rush: The Game. A gold mining simulator where a man with one arm digs for gold, despite the fact that everyone else died in a zombie outbreak. I am pretty sure that he cut off his arm after he was bitten by a zombie to stop himself from becoming one too.

I definitely share your views on Snowrunner re the frustration and lifelessness of the maps. I do think though that FS should take a bit of visual inspiration from it. Its a much nicer looking game. The over all art style is far more pleasing on the eye in my opinion. You could have the dynamic terrain visual effects from Snowrunner in FS but have the physics turned down so the frustration element has all but been removed. There are mod vehicles for snowrunner that can effortlessly drive through anything. I could imagine FS being a bit like that.

Personally I think the next game in the Mudrunner/Snowrunner franchise will be less frustrating. It doesn't need to have that level of challenge to it. People just want to drive about in trucks in the mud without feeling like they want to hurl their game controller across the room.

Is OxygenDavid is already on the case. Amazing stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9_6lVEdpvU
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Mobias wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:07 pm Is OxygenDavid is already on the case. Amazing stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9_6lVEdpvU
It's impressive, but it's not OxygenDavid's. It really shows up the resolution of GIANTS's terrain and foliage (the texture changing a meter or more away from the tractor) so I need much more convincing yet, especially in other scenarios. It doesn't work in multiplayer though and I've no idea if it will work on consoles (can it be done with just a shader?).

It's impressive stuff by ViperGTS96 though. Very impressive.
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

Mobias wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:07 pm
theSeb wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:19 am

Sometimes I wonder if the people who want mudrunner / snowrunner like "deformable" (heh) terrain have actually played these games, or just watched a few youtube videos.

Snowrunner has the dubious honour of being the only game I've purchased on Steam that I returned. It looks quite fun in videos, hence why I bought it, but the game is incredibly boring and the driving physics are shockingly bad. This is a real problem in a game which is all about driving. The game world is so dead that it feels like you are driving your off-road vehicles in some post nuclear apocalyptic world. The graphics are pretty though. The only game with a worse and less realistic "atmosphere" that I can think of is Gold Rush: The Game. A gold mining simulator where a man with one arm digs for gold, despite the fact that everyone else died in a zombie outbreak. I am pretty sure that he cut off his arm after he was bitten by a zombie to stop himself from becoming one too.

I definitely share your views on Snowrunner re the frustration and lifelessness of the maps. I do think though that FS should take a bit of visual inspiration from it. Its a much nicer looking game. The over all art style is far more pleasing on the eye in my opinion. You could have the dynamic terrain visual effects from Snowrunner in FS but have the physics turned down so the frustration element has all but been removed. There are mod vehicles for snowrunner that can effortlessly drive through anything. I could imagine FS being a bit like that.

Personally I think the next game in the Mudrunner/Snowrunner franchise will be less frustrating. It doesn't need to have that level of challenge to it. People just want to drive about in trucks in the mud without feeling like they want to hurl their game controller across the room.

Is OxygenDavid is already on the case. Amazing stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9_6lVEdpvU
In spintires the mud looked and acted pretty good. Mudrunner still not bad, but snowrunner is missing that mud feel. What oxygen dav has done is pretty cool and I think will get better.

I use the mud mod all the time. It makes the gameplay much better after it rains.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:52 pm

It's impressive, but it's not OxygenDavid's. It really shows up the resolution of GIANTS's terrain and foliage (the texture changing a meter or more away from the tractor)
Ah ok. Fair enough. I think the fact that it doesn't leave any deformation or marks in the mud where the wheels have been is a bit of a give away too. I guess to do that would take a lot of processing power and would basically mean we'd have proper 3D mud like is Snowrunner etc.

Still, even as a little visual effect it does show whats possible in the hands of modders.
ShabaFS

Post by ShabaFS »

good afternoon. Is there a place or a way to get podcast translations or substitutions? Thanks
Guil

Post by Guil »

johnlinden wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:44 am Hi, just want to give Giants a thumbs up, nice trailer. I started playing at the start of the year, love it. So many maps and mods, don't have time to play them all. I have completed the game, only 0.5% have completed this game. But it didn't stop there, always new stuff, so much I don't have time for it all. With the new game, I believe to see, use, and enjoy the new game it may take years to fully complete the game and all it's features. That being said, can't wait to get into it.
By completing the game do you mean you have got all achiements or something? There is nothing to complete other than when you decide.
Also worth bearing in mind, at the start of this year fs19 had been out for over 2 years, for the first 6 or 8 months we are unlikely to see many mods.
johnlinden

Post by johnlinden »

Hi Guil, yes I got all the achiements.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

theSeb wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:28 pm
blue_painted wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:19 pm ... which would suggest that you accept the price charged.
Price of FS19 when it was released was 34.99€. FS22 is 39.99€. Not the end of the world.
And the price for the Americans is probably $49.99.
Last edited by ASOLANDRI on Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:59 pm
theSeb wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:28 pm
And the price for the Americans is probably $49.99.
If 19’s ($34.99 on release, dropped to $24.99 with Platinums release) pricing is anything to go off of it’ll be $39.99.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.