vehicle control addon question for the pros

irishwheels

vehicle control addon question for the pros

Post by irishwheels »

Hello, So I do not play with a shifter but I do have a Thrustmaster t150. I use my clutch as my shuttle to change from forward & reverse.

Now my question is about the transmissions.

I usually play in full powershift. However today I was trying to plow a field that has a slight uphill climb and my tractor got stuck and the wheels kept spining!

I had to turn off the transmission feature and then out of nowhere my tractor turning into Hercules once it was off and straight up ROARED up that slight incline. I mean you could even hear a massive sound difference.

So with VCA does it make the tractors having issues with towing?
KevinMn

Re: vehicle control addon question for the pros

Post by KevinMn »

Yes and no. I also use Full Powershift for most things, but I also mapped a joystick to manually switch gears, because I would sometimes need to shift down, when going uphill.
enigmqtik

Re: vehicle control addon question for the pros

Post by enigmqtik »

irishwheels wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:05 pm Hello, So I do not play with a shifter but I do have a Thrustmaster t150. I use my clutch as my shuttle to change from forward & reverse.

Now my question is about the transmissions.

I usually play in full powershift. However today I was trying to plow a field that has a slight uphill climb and my tractor got stuck and the wheels kept spining!

I had to turn off the transmission feature and then out of nowhere my tractor turning into Hercules once it was off and straight up ROARED up that slight incline. I mean you could even hear a massive sound difference.

So with VCA does it make the tractors having issues with towing?
Hi,

My guess about this is how engine load is calculated depending on terrain incline, terrain type, vehicule weight, implement type..

So as VCA simulate gearbox, and powerloss when changing gear, it may be a sort of collapsing calculation if you see what I mean.
Pretty obvious when deactivated, as the base game is a bit "meh" about pulling requirements.

So with the mod, everything can't be perfect, you may want to try another virtual gearbox for your vehicule to see if it changes.

I know it won't give you a direct solution but maybe a better visualisation of how the mod works.

Cheers !
AMD R9 5900x (@4.9GHz) + NHD15, 32GB DDR4 G.SKill Ripjaws 3600 CL16, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070 OC, nVme 980Pro 1To, Seasonic 850Gold in a Corsair 900D.
T500RS, CSPV3, TH8A +SKRS Shifter, 2x T16000M.FCS, DelanClip IR tracker, SimDashBoard, Sony Bravia 42"