If you like mods, pre-order

JamP

Re: If you like mods, pre-order

Post by JamP »

The price on the console does not suit the reality, at least it is so in the xbox store of my country.

So the Giants will see my money when I think the amount paid is consistent with the game they offer me, but I still don't know what the game is. But from experience it will be more of the same with some improvements and won't be worth the launch price anyway.

I'm on the waiting team. But if someone's tearing up money, I'll accept it as a gift.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Fade2black wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:55 pm I’m on team “I don’t give a damn what anyone else is doing I’ll decide myself. So I’ve decided to wait and see what I decide. 🤔
Exactly. This is neither a bad or good decision. It's simply your decision. If GIANTS can't fare without my money for a couple months, then they weren't likely to make it long anyway. I'm certainly not going to support or endorse a product that I'm not sure about.

FS19 was a disappointment to me. Only in the last year or so did I really get into it, and even at that, I generally only play with one specific friend. I preordered that one. I have lower expectations for FS22, and I'm simply not preordering it as I did the last three FS titles.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

I haven't pre-ordered yet, but likely will before the day is out. And, just to mention, this will be the first time I have ever pre-ordered anything. So i'll be keeping my fingers crossed on this one hoping everything works out at least somewhat good lol.

However.... and this is a big HOWEVER..... FS22 at launch (without mods) will be a major step back from FS19 (which is very heavily modded).

FS22 will have seasons, and production. That's great that the base game has finally reached this stage.

........ BUT.... I highly doubt the FS22 base seasons will come anywhere close to being in complexity, and overall detail as the FS19 seasons mod.

........ And as far as the production goes. This will most likely be the same thing. As we speak, for FS19, using mods.... we have productions for productions for productions..... for darn near everything in, and not in the base game. I think mining is the least modded, and that is so complex in the area of production that it just makes the production mods for everything else seem that much more extreme.

FS22 will come with 3 new crops. That's great too. But, the map I am using right now has 12 extra crops above the base game.... including carrots and onions (a couple of my favorites). And even that's a downgrade from many of the maps out there with about 20 added crops, orchards, and greenhouses.......... AND production for nearly ALL of them.

Giants hasn't mentioned anything about animals yet, but there are mods for ducks, geese, goats, dog kennels, and probably a few more I forgot about. So if Giants announces that they are adding goats.... that'll be great, but once again..... we already have goats now.

Add to that the fact that the map size will likely be the same as earlier iterations, we again have a major downgrade from the seemingly endless list of 4x and 16x maps we (on PC) can easily download. I'm not saying Giants should offer 16x maps. But it would be nice if they would release a 2x and a 4x of each of the 3 maps they offer. So we can choose for ourselves which one we prefer..... rather than limit us to that 2x postage stamp they call a map.

And don't even get me started on the physics. Vehicles act like bambi on ice. Loading bales or logs is a tolerence tester, and.... i'll just stop there lol.

But, hopefully we'll see FS22 close the gap a bit on where the base game is, and where mods are. It would be nice to see the base game finally have us needing less mods to get the game up to par.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about the animals, AI, and the landscaping tool/placeables. Please tell me they added an "undo" button for the landscaping lol.
Gormett

Post by Gormett »

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:02 pm why would you want Giants to have less money to pay modders or less money to spend implementing new features. Do you think Giants will be able to add GPS or whatever other thing you're waiting for if nobody buys the game until 3 months after release at half price?
Are modders getting paid ? If yes, what is the basis on which they get paid ? Downloads, hours spent developing a free mod ?

Yes, I do think that Giants has enough money to implement many features or even change the engine yet they continue with the FIFA way by making another copy-pasted cashgrab with no innovation and almost no changes compared to previous release when combined with mods.

There is a reason why players wait for a sale for Farming Sim or even more players "wait for mods" as the game is lacking too much to be enjoyable in it's vanilla state.

I mean, this statement that is so utterly stupid it hurt my eyes to read. After all, why should they spend money "developing GPS' when they can just pocket the money and you will buy it anyway. Even worse, pre-order it. But in your fantasy world where the informed players are to blame, not a greedy developer.

And tell me, what have they done with the money they got from selling FS19, did the money magically disappear after the end of the fiscal year so they can't use it to develop new games ? Or what is the logic behind your thinking.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Modders are paid off of ratings and downloads.
Also this game certainly isn’t copy and paste, it’s almost physically painful to load up FS15 when I have experienced FS19 and all its features/benefits.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Gormett wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:53 am
I mean, this statement that is so utterly stupid it hurt my eyes to read.
Kind of like a statement about the expectations of a yearly released sports game.
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

Not paying a cent for this copy&paste garbage until it's below 15$ and even then i'll buy it if there are some interesting mods availiable.

Giants aren't really interested in farming and most of their developers are fantasy nerds. They have no idea what they are doing...
eric21

Post by eric21 »

JamP wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:13 pm The price on the console does not suit the reality, at least it is so in the xbox store of my country.

So the Giants will see my money when I think the amount paid is consistent with the game they offer me, but I still don't know what the game is. But from experience it will be more of the same with some improvements and won't be worth the launch price anyway.

I'm on the waiting team. But if someone's tearing up money, I'll accept it as a gift.
Unfortunately giants has no control of currency rates in Brazil
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:02 pm It just seems counterproductive to beg for improvements and then publicly announce you're going to make sure they don't have the resources to implement them.

https://venturebeat.com/2020/01/10/gian ... simulator/ says:
Since debuting 11 years ago, the series has quietly sold more than 25 million copies and been downloaded 90 million times on mobile.

They don't have the resources for implementing new stuff....of course they don't.

Cover your eyes and repeat...Giants are the best!
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

If you guys hate FS so much, why are you here?

How can you say the FS series is a copy paste job? Have you SEEN FS15? My brother played it for a while because, for a good while, he only had access to a very old PC, and FS15 was all he had that it could run. In carefully staged screenshots, with the right mods, FS15 looks ok. The moment you do something though, it feels positively ancient compared to even vanilla FS19!

I get that you don't like the business model of a product that evolves over time. I have the friends who have the same mindset who say that the Porsche 911 hasn't changed since it first launched. So I'm sorry, but if you expect a completely different product with a different engine, different art style, etc, you will only ever be disappointed.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Luftkopf wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:17 am How can you say the FS series is a copy paste job? Have you SEEN FS15? My brother played it for a while because, for a good while, he only had access to a very old PC, and FS15 was all he had that it could run. In carefully staged screenshots, with the right mods, FS15 looks ok. The moment you do something though, it feels positively ancient compared to even vanilla FS19!
Can confirm. FS15 is a let down once you’ve played FS19.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

Stealing a bunch of scripts off modders is not evolving the product. And they never implement these functions like they should. There is always some dumbed down version...This is not evolution...they take years to implement features that should take them a month or so...

Can't you see the repeating cycle in every version? We have functions in FS19 that were already there in modded FS13 and in some aspects even less functions if you look at MR mod and others alike..

It's just sad that modders are able to get more from their engine than they are...
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I'm sure if Giants had a staff of people who work for free, like modders do, they'd have all the features in the world.
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

The thing with all these mods is that everyone likes a different combination of them. I bet that if you listed all your favourite mods that should be part of the base game, that would be a game I (or someone else) wouldn't like, and would need a whole new raft of mods to get it back to the way *I* like it. Giants has to walk a narrow path. They need to make a game that can be built upon, so that everyone can tailor it to their own tastes.

And before you say to make all these things optional, remember that makes testing exponentially more work, and although Giants seems to be doing ok financially, I don't think they want to triple their testing department.
punchi

Post by punchi »

h3rich wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:49 am Stealing a bunch of scripts off modders is not evolving the product. And they never implement these functions like they should. There is always some dumbed down version...This is not evolution...they take years to implement features that should take them a month or so...

Can't you see the repeating cycle in every version? We have functions in FS19 that were already there in modded FS13 and in some aspects even less functions if you look at MR mod and others alike..

It's just sad that modders are able to get more from their engine than they are...
Why are people so naive to think modders can do more than the people actually developing the engine? :lol:
Its never about if they can do it, its always about if they want to do it.
Face already mentioned that dynamic ground is possible, just not like their philosophy or vision of the game. Available for everyone (consoles, low spec pcs etc)