If you like mods, pre-order

theSeb

Re: If you like mods, pre-order

Post by theSeb »

njuska11 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:33 pm Why do ppl care if someone will buy the game sooner or later or not buy it at all. It doesnt matter fs22 sales will be good and giants will make another game in 2 or 3 years
Pretty much this. The majority of the sales happen in the first month when parents and grandparents buy something for the little ones. What the relatively tiny community has to say on this forum and whether they pre-order, or not, is a rounding error of the total sales.
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

My first foray into farming simulator was on a Windows computer and the only farm was Hagenstadt. I have played every version since then and pre ordered 17, 19 and have pre ordered 22.

Some of you are saying to wait till the mods start dropping, but I have been waiting for an Allis Chalmers WD 45 Diesel, a 190XT, a Ford 6000 Commander, a 2 row pull behind corn picker that does ear corn, some good pull behind silage harvesters that pull good silage wagons, and a couple of 2 cylinder John Deere tractors, preferably a 60 or 70, 630, or 730. None of these have shown up yet.

I guess I will go to my corner and pout. :frown: :frown:

I forgot to mention that i am primarily playing on console right now as my great grandkids(5 & 6) are not old enough to trust with my computer.

A Gleaner combine would be nice too.
Last edited by Kamoore65536 on Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Kamoore65536 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:09 pm My first foray into farming simulator was on a Windows computer and the only farm was Hagenstadt. I have played every version since then and pre ordered 17, 19 and have pre ordered 22.

Some of you are saying to wait till the mods start dropping, but I have been waiting for an Allis Chalmers WD 45 Diesel, a 190XT, a Ford 6000 Commander, a 2 row pull behind corn picker that does ear corn, some good pull behind silage harvesters that pull good silage wagons, and a couple of 2 cylinder John Deere tractors, preferably a 60 or 70, 630, or 730. None of these have shown up yet.

Check out Tires Iron Modding and Diniz Farms. There’s a good ear corn pack from them (DFMEP maps only), and a good silage wagon pack from Diniz/Appalaches (and a JD 348 baler w/kicker/thrower and kicker/thrower wagons)
I have a good New Holland FP240 pack I was sent. but pretty sure it’s private now.
Edit: There is a New Holland 990 w/heads that works pretty well, not as nice as the FP240 though. And the European pull types on Modhub I need to mess around with still. (Deere, Lely, Pottienger)
And there’s a/some very terrible looking 2cylinder pack(s) which is a bit of let down…
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:02 pm Disclaimer: I know that with everything that has happened over the last year and a half, that a lot of people aren't in a great position financially, so I'm not trying to advise people to waste money they don't have.

However, I have seen countless posts on here since FS22 was announced from people saying they are going to wait until a certain mod is released, or wait until the game is on sale before buying, and I'm going to honest, it makes no logical sense.

If you got hundreds of hours out of the last game and games before that, and if you enjoyed the mods that were released for them, why would you want Giants to have less money to pay modders or less money to spend implementing new features. Do you think Giants will be able to add GPS or whatever other thing you're waiting for if nobody buys the game until 3 months after release at half price?

It just seems counterproductive to beg for improvements and then publicly announce you're going to make sure they don't have the resources to implement them.

If you've put more than 500 hours into any game but then act like Giants hasn't done anything to deserve your money, you're not a reasonable person.
Do you really think a handful of people on the forum are gonna make a difference? And I very highly doubt change in the pay to modders will make any difference whatsoever to the mods they make. Most of the people who make the mods I use could care less how much Giants pays. Regarding "wait until the game is on sale before buying, and I'm going to honest, it makes no logical sense."- I am sorry that you have no logic. I'm not going to go buy a brand new Case IH 9250 combine just because I want to support the company, I'm gonna wait several years until it is the price I want to pay, there is nothing wrong with applying that to FS22.
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

This must be a troll thread.
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

I’m on team “I don’t give a damn what anyone else is doing I’ll decide myself. So I’ve decided to wait and see what I decide. 🤔
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Kamoore65536 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:09 pm My first foray into farming simulator was on a Windows computer and the only farm was Hagenstadt. I have played every version since then and pre ordered 17, 19 and have pre ordered 22.

I forgot to mention that i am primarily playing on console right now as my great grandkids(5 & 6) are not old enough to trust with my computer.

You might want to save up for a pc. Pretty much all of that is available in fs19 on pc.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:58 pm

You might want to save up for a pc. Pretty much all of that is available in fs19 on pc.
His signature and post list a PC, just he plays mostly on console due to grandkids.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Illinois Farmer

I missed those lines ha. Kamoore should play dairydeere or diniz map.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

@Illinois Farmer, my great grandkids can make a king sized mess just eating a peanut butter sandwich. I definitely am not going to let them get peanut butter on my computer. :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
Illinois Farmer

Not sure what that means with you getting mods for your pc to play the game with the mods you want. Don't let them play on your computer.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I might buy it early but I am not downloading anything or playing until the 2nd or 3rd update is out. I think 15 was the last time I did that and it was months of frustration waiting for them to fix everything.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
El_Nino_NL

Post by El_Nino_NL »

I have started with FS17, bought it cheap and found out about the mods until a couple months later and enjoyed it without mods before I found out.
Pre-ordered FS19 and played from day 1 without mods and had a blast doing it. Sure, some mods would have been nice to have, but they came and then I started using them again. Didn't play with seasons in FS17 as I didn't like it, so I couldn't care less to wait for it in FS19. I do now play with it and like the 19 version a lot more.
I also pre-ordered FS22 as I like the games and I will start playing it on day 1 and probably won't look back to 19 as I did with 17 when 19 came out.

I can play without mods, it's a different style of play and I do like it. And when the mods come out, I will gladly download them and play with them (the ones I like that is), but before the moment, I will gladly play the vanilla version of FS22.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

I'll wait for the platinum edition. Assuming it's worth the upgrade. From what I've seen, it looks identical to FS19 visually. I'm starting to think this is gong to be a EA Madden sort of upgrade. Meaning... not much of an upgrade. Plus, early adopters get screwed on mod support. FS19 will be at a huge advantage over FS22 for a year at least.
Wisfarmer17

Post by Wisfarmer17 »

I think i am gonna get the game when it comes out and i might try to make the switch away from ps4 if my computer is capable of running it that way i will know how i like computer gaming before the next version comes out as by that time i would have to upgrade to ps5 or probably upgrade computer either one.
PS4. MIDWEST USA.