If you like mods, pre-order

MrSquealypig

If you like mods, pre-order

Post by MrSquealypig »

Disclaimer: I know that with everything that has happened over the last year and a half, that a lot of people aren't in a great position financially, so I'm not trying to advise people to waste money they don't have.

However, I have seen countless posts on here since FS22 was announced from people saying they are going to wait until a certain mod is released, or wait until the game is on sale before buying, and I'm going to honest, it makes no logical sense.

If you got hundreds of hours out of the last game and games before that, and if you enjoyed the mods that were released for them, why would you want Giants to have less money to pay modders or less money to spend implementing new features. Do you think Giants will be able to add GPS or whatever other thing you're waiting for if nobody buys the game until 3 months after release at half price?

It just seems counterproductive to beg for improvements and then publicly announce you're going to make sure they don't have the resources to implement them.

If you've put more than 500 hours into any game but then act like Giants hasn't done anything to deserve your money, you're not a reasonable person.
fenixguy

Re: If you like mods, pre-order

Post by fenixguy »

I don't buy anything sight unseen. I at least wait for a few reviews first.

I used to preorder games. When companies began releasing beta versions and using customers as unpaid testers, I stopped preordering games.

I'm 100% sure I'll pick up FS22 eventually but I might decide to go the PC route as I'm kinda fed up with console limitations and I know 22 will be much worse on the slot count or whatever they call it then. I for sure will not preorder it for Xbox until I'm proven otherwise.

And let's be honest, it's just a game. If it doesn't meet my expectations, it's not a big deal. I'll get my electronic entertainment another way. I'm not going to give Giants money in hopes that they might implement a feature I want. That's not how consumerism works. They make the product and if I like it, I'll buy it.

We all have different priorities I suppose.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

You've been here since 2016 and have over a thousand posts but don't like the game enough to pay full price

Ok...
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Why do ppl care if someone will buy the game sooner or later or not buy it at all. It doesnt matter fs22 sales will be good and giants will make another game in 2 or 3 years so you dont have to be afraid that the franchise will die just beacuse some of us older players like me (who also like realism and only way to play realistic is to use mods and know how to mod) for example wont preorder or will wait for a sale. Also im started to get into simpler forms of modding and edditing for fs19 and that has enabled me to like the game more and make it so it suits my realistic playstyle more and i dont have a desire to jump on fs22 right away
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:23 pm don't like the game enough to pay full price
When did I say that? I've paid full price since FS2011. I said I will not pre-order or buy the game until I see that it's a product I want.

Just because I've played a video game series for a long time, doesn't mean I have to continue. I'm 100% sure I will, but not until I 1. See how well 22 does on Xbox One or 2. Buy a PC that'll handle it. For that matter, there are some other titles coming out soon on PC that I'm much more interested in than FS22.

I'm also not the type that has to have the latest iPhone or whatever and will wait in line to get one on release day. I don't go buy a new car just because it has 20 more horsepower than the one I currently have. I think that stuff is foolish. Again, we all have different priorities.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
empato

Post by empato »

I`m quite sure Giants will get my money some day, but calling it unlogical to not pre-order it makes no sense at all.

Why should I buy a game which I would not play in version 1.0? There are some must have mods for me, and i`m also quite sure that 2-3 patches are needed until the biggest bugs will be removed from the game. I don`t like to be a beta-tester, and it makes no difference if I played the previous game 10 hours or 1000 hours.

So I will wait at least 4-6 month, same what I did with every other game.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Sorry, I’m on team wait and see.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

I started playing in Fs15. Preordered both 17 and 19. With 19 I basically shelved the game untill season came out.

Most of my complaints about the game are the same ones I had with 15. Primarily the physics. The game has expanded and made many improvments, but still relies on modders to make it really work.

I'm not gonna buy the game till I see how seasons has been implemented or untill modders make it worth playing.

Right now all we really know about fs22 is some form of seasons and snow in base game. 3 new crops. Factories. And now POM.
PC gamer.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

I've preordered for PC but won't be buying for console until release.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:02 pm Disclaimer: I know that with everything that has happened over the last year and a half, that a lot of people aren't in a great position financially, so I'm not trying to advise people to waste money they don't have.

However, I have seen countless posts on here since FS22 was announced from people saying they are going to wait until a certain mod is released, or wait until the game is on sale before buying, and I'm going to honest, it makes no logical sense.

If you got hundreds of hours out of the last game and games before that, and if you enjoyed the mods that were released for them, why would you want Giants to have less money to pay modders or less money to spend implementing new features. Do you think Giants will be able to add GPS or whatever other thing you're waiting for if nobody buys the game until 3 months after release at half price?

It just seems counterproductive to beg for improvements and then publicly announce you're going to make sure they don't have the resources to implement them.

If you've put more than 500 hours into any game but then act like Giants hasn't done anything to deserve your money, you're not a reasonable person.
..."I'm not trying to advise people to waste money they don't have". Are you saying 22 will be a waste of money? :lol:
Just messing with you on that one.

The reason you're seeing countless posts from people planning to skip the pre-order, is likely due to the expected problems at release. Not everyone is willing to pay AAA price for a pre-ordered game, just to find it's basically early access, and realize you've paid the company to allow you to be their tester.
There's no need to call people beggars, and unreasonable just because they want to save money, or wait until release day.
If you think Giants deserves more money, you're welcome to buy multiple copies and give them to all your family and friends.
PS. I'll be your friend. *thumbsup*
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:52 pm Sorry, I’m on team wait and see.
Room on the team for one more?
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I'm sure I will buy it. I've gotten a ridiculous amount of great play time out of 19. However, my experience with the Gran Turismo series is a good parallel. I truly enjoyed GT4, 5, and 6. (I also played just about every other racing sim there is. Grand Prix Legends remains a high point...) Gran Turismo Sport, however, hasn't been a real winner with me. Even though I participated in the beta, and ordered the premium version the minute it was available, I feel it is shallow in terms of offline (PVE, if you will...) content, instead pushing players into a PVP experience that is very poorly moderated- terrible penalty system, same small selection of tracks, and so on. So, for me, Gran Turismo 7 is not going to be a pre-order must-have.

The other driving factor is simply the availability of next-gen consoles. If I'm having good fun in 19 on PS4, what's the hurry? When I eventually get a "Five", I'll order 22.

To stave off the inevitable console-vs-PC responses, I work in IT, and the last thing I want to do in my free time is fool around with yet another PC. I'm a console guy.
Old fat guy with a day job...
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I will do one better and wait until it is free or reduced price on steam or epic again like I did with fs19. Also who cares what people do. It is their money to spend. The mods make the game better and why play the game when the mod that you want is not available when you can play fs19 or fs17 with the mods you want.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:53 pm
you buying the barley pops?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:44 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:53 pm
you buying the barley pops?
I'll bring you some proper barley pops *thumbsup*