If you like mods, pre-order

FarmBoss

Re: If you like mods, pre-order

Post by FarmBoss »

Bot Roast wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:06 am ^ It takes a lot of work to make a game and there is only so much you can do in 2 years time. If you want massive upgrades from title to title just wait the normal 8 years before you pick up the next copy. That would be FS30.

Also, Giants could hire a bunch of people to make the mods in house and charge $5 a pack. Just think about that :biggrin2:
"Also, Giants could hire a bunch of people to make the mods in house and charge $5 a pack. Just think about that"
You mean like Rottne Pack, Grimme Pack, Alpine Farming, Kverneland & Vicon Equipment Pack, Bourgault DLC, John Deere Cotton DLC, Anderson Group Equipment Pack.
Guil

Post by Guil »

h3rich wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:49 am Stealing a bunch of scripts off modders is not evolving the product. And they never implement these functions like they should. There is always some dumbed down version...This is not evolution...they take years to implement features that should take them a month or so...

Can't you see the repeating cycle in every version? We have functions in FS19 that were already there in modded FS13 and in some aspects even less functions if you look at MR mod and others alike..

It's just sad that modders are able to get more from their engine than they are...
It's not stealing, name another game that doesn't bring mod functionality to the game in future updates or iterations?
Guil

Post by Guil »

FarmBoss wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:04 am
Bot Roast wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:06 am ^ It takes a lot of work to make a game and there is only so much you can do in 2 years time. If you want massive upgrades from title to title just wait the normal 8 years before you pick up the next copy. That would be FS30.

Also, Giants could hire a bunch of people to make the mods in house and charge $5 a pack. Just think about that :biggrin2:
"Also, Giants could hire a bunch of people to make the mods in house and charge $5 a pack. Just think about that"
You mean like Rottne Pack, Grimme Pack, Alpine Farming, Kverneland & Vicon Equipment Pack, Bourgault DLC, John Deere Cotton DLC, Anderson Group Equipment Pack.
You know that he was referring to mods on modhub :geeknew:
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

That’s a short list compared to list for any of the Dovetail Train Sims… :lol:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Bot Roast

Post by Bot Roast »

Guil wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:08 am

Yes, imagine no community created mods, only hundreds of packs of various items that must pay to use. Other developers do this and laugh all the way to the bank.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Bot Roast wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:46 am
Guil wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:08 am

Yes, imagine no community created mods, only hundreds of packs of various items that must pay to use. Other developers do this and laugh all the way to the bank.
*cough* Dovetail *cough*
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

I am afraid to look at how much money I have given Dovetail over the years!
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

DEERE317 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:42 am

That’s a short list compared to list for any of the Dovetail Train Sims… :lol:
Dovetail...well I can only count so high...
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Unless they have a list of all the DLCs that are going to be on FS22 I won't even think about buying it until the FS22 version of the platinum expansion happens.
Not even if they add a taco truck and taco production plant. Actually I'm lying.
Give me that taco truck and production plant and I will gladly give GIANTS $100.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:52 pm Sorry, I’m on team wait and see.
I'm on team wait-until-a channel-viewer-gifts-it-to-me :wink3:
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard