What's your favorite "Small Fields" English/UK map on FS19

chedly_farms

What's your favorite "Small Fields" English/UK map on FS19

Post by chedly_farms »

I need to scratch an itch of small fields UK map. So I'm just curious if anyone out there has a favorite Smaller UK based map. I really like Meadowgrove, so I think I may be drawn to it. But I'm curious if there are any out there that someone feels is as good or better?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
norfolk farmer

Re: What's your favorite "Small Fields" English/UK map on FS19

Post by norfolk farmer »

Have you looked at Greenwich Valley it has a good mix of field sizes, it's only drawback is it's lacking in contracts if that's something you'd like on a map.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I like it, but I never bonded with it. I prefer something a little more quaint.

norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

How about Chellington, I play on pc sot I'm not 100% but if I remember correctly it may have a high slot count.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I had a small farm save on Sandy Bay at one point, nestled into a corner with a single cow yard/farm and a container house.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I'd like to look at Chellington, but that map is impossible for me to get on my Console as it take 3x the space I have left available. And as far as Sandy Bay goes, it's way too big feeling.

helper A

Post by helper A »

Maybe Purbeck Valley Farm? The field may not be quite as small as Medowgrove but it plays well. It has a nice looking cow farm on it and 2 sheep areas. One of my favorites is the Scotish based map West Newton Farm. If you can get over the fact the cows don't ever make it to the cow barn it plays good without any issues. It has 1 cow barn and 2 cow pastures. 2 sheep farms, one is set up with 2 pastures. I play with seasons and all those areas help in keeping animals in fresh grass.
Since '13
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Six Ashes would be my shout. It's got plenty of small fields and like Marwell and Oakfield is based on a real area.

Oakfield too can just about cater for small fields depending on how many fields you want to start with, though the main farm is anything but small obviously and you'd be almost duty bound to move onto the bigger fields at some point.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:26 pm Six Ashes would be my shout. It's got plenty of small fields and like Marwell and Oakfield is based on a real area.

Oakfield too can just about cater for small fields depending on how many fields you want to start with, though the main farm is anything but small obviously and you'd be almost duty bound to move onto the bigger fields at some point.
But on Six Ashes you start with that huge field 53 (I think it is)

Somerset Farm! https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Check out WALCHEN 2k20 by:Austro Modding Gemeinschaft
The map came out in FS17 and it was never really finished. This map got me into map modding as I started to mod it for my own use.
The map area is Austria. The terrain is hilly and challenge to work. There are a lot of great small starter farms each with Cows or Sheep or Horses. All of the fields are small. The roads are curvy and a challenge, I Recommend small equipment. The farms are cozy with awesome views. The map offers you a lot of opportunities to cultivate new ground for arable farming. Probably not realistic to do that, but it's a game. It may not be your cup a tea, but give it a go. It is 375mb hopefully not to large for you to test.

Edit:Walchen is based on real area, Not sure how much as I have not looked it over in Google Earth
Last edited by ajFarmer on Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctb123

Post by ctb123 »

Six Ashes does look cool, and I like the premise when using the starting farm of revitalizing an old farm. You could always sell off Field 53 and start with a smaller field or two.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

ctb123 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:31 pm Six Ashes does look cool, and I like the premise when using the starting farm of revitalizing an old farm. You could always sell off Field 53 and start with a smaller field or two.
Well you can, but F53 is right next to your yard, with no hedge, ditch or fence ... and it takes *ages* to cover with the Fendt 510 and 3m cultivator!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Lufarms

Post by Lufarms »

+1 to Six Ashes
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Meadowgrove and The Northern Coast are two I'd recommend.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

helper A wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:21 pm Maybe Purbeck Valley Farm? The field may not be quite as small as Medowgrove but it plays well. It has a nice looking cow farm on it and 2 sheep areas. One of my favorites is the Scotish based map West Newton Farm. If you can get over the fact the cows don't ever make it to the cow barn it plays good without any issues. It has 1 cow barn and 2 cow pastures. 2 sheep farms, one is set up with 2 pastures. I play with seasons and all those areas help in keeping animals in fresh grass.
I keep forgetting about this map. I liked this one it first came out, but other things got in the way. Yeah, this one is definietly up there.