Pre-order = buy the bonus tractor?

texasplowboy

Pre-order = buy the bonus tractor?

Post by texasplowboy »

Djgoham said on his youtube channel that if you don;t pre-otder you will have to buy the claas tractor that comes with the pre-order. This has some issues if true! In the past the pre-order bonus is usually uploaded on the web later on. If this is in fact true, dose this mean the pre-order bonus will be like a DLC? If so that means no modding to that tractor!

Anyone know anything about this?
Guil

Re: Pre-order = buy the bonus tractor?

Post by Guil »

Pre order bonus the last time was just mods
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Yeah also it's illigeal to mod a dlc or giants mod
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

It depends on your platform and GIANTS as some have been uploaded and others haven't.

In the past buying direct from GIANTS has always been a less of a "pre-order bonus" and more of a "direct order bonus" and it says so when you go to download the game. I don't expect that to change with FS22 so I imagine if you order direct from GIANTS you'll get the "pre-order bonus" whenever you buy the game.

That will be different to the physical copy of the game (which I assume will include a code or link to the pre-order bonuses).

GIANTS have never released the FS19 PC pre-order bonus (the Mahindra) but it wasn't encrypted was widely distributed on mod-sharing/stealing websites.

The Claas Platinum Edition's "pre-order bonuses" (the Dominator and camouflage Torion) have been released for free on the ModHub since too - around a year after the DLC and its bonuses were released.

Obviously the Xbox and PS platforms have their own systems. I remember with one of them (perhaps both, or was it a Season Pass bonus?) if you missed the pre-order you could buy the bonus mod separately (a small sum for either the Mahindra Retriever or the John Deere XUV865M - I don't remember which).

GIANTS released the XUV865M on the ModHub nearly two years after the game was released (listed as only for PC though).

eric21 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:48 am Yeah also it's illigeal to mod a dlc or giants mod
It's against the terms of use to decrypt the DLCs, but there's nothing in there about GIANTS mods (but I wouldn't except they'd allow anyone to upload them to the ModHub without significant changes).
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Yeah, a lot of Giants mods have been "modded" and resubmitted by others. The Claas Terra Trax and the John Deere forage harvester come to mind.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:01 pm Yeah, a lot of Giants mods have been "modded" and resubmitted by others. The Claas Terra Trax and the John Deere forage harvester come to mind.
I test for a game dev that has a very good encryption for their software and yet they still get pirates to break into it.

I have already pr-ordered the game on steam and not really interested in the bonus tractor as I'm more of a JD guy.