Please help, traction query

Rockery

Please help, traction query

Post by Rockery »

Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is in the right place so please let me know if it is or isn't etc.

First up, I'm playing on PC with all DLCs and a few mods.

I'm needing a bit of advice on one of my fields. It's a created field on No Mans Land and it features a massive 45 degree hill. It's fairly large, and so I decided the best way to seed it is using the bourgalt seeder, the 30m one with the 71300 cart. Because I blew my money on it and am doing a realistic run with no cheating for money, I can't buy a new tractor right now and therefore put my already owned Fendt 1050 with dual wheels to work on it.

It finished up the field but it took at least an hour real-time and so obviously I know I'm gonna need to buy a more powerful tractor, or at least lease one.

The main issue was the hill. It sat spinning its tyres and going at 1kmph for a large amount of the time.

Because the bourgalt dlc shipped with the JD 9x I assume this is the go to tractor but I'm trying to stay away from the JD. It's only personal.

My idea is to buy a fendt 1167 Mt but I leased one earlier before and tested it by cultivating the same field with the flexicoil cultivator and it slipped all the way up the hill as well. My 1050 had no issues doing the the same test and that's why I chose the 1050 over the 1167.

Would it do the same thing now as well with the seeder? I know the easy answer is go test it again and I will. But I also have eyes for the challenger MT675 and the NH T9 and the Case Quadtrack and need to decide on one of these without blowing too much leasing cost money and time.

The Case will probably be the best choice in the end anyway, it has a stupid amount of power and weight and every video and test I've seen it prevails with what it needs to do.

The real question after this entire essay is why does the fendt slip so much and is it to do with weight? I like the aesthetics of the fendts which is why I prefer to buy them but function over form is playing a huge role here.

An open discussion is welcome for this.

Thanks guys!
Eische

Re: Please help, traction query

Post by Eische »

I can't answer that question to 100%.
But you could just start a new game for testing purposes. You don't need to create the field again.
You could just activate and lower the seeder and drive uphill. For a comparison of different tractors, this should be sufficient.

One thing that could be important:
The different ground conditions have also different influence on the machine behaviour. On plowed ground machines need more power than on a harvested field.
The difference might not be noticeable most of the time, but in your extreme case, this could be pretty important.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Let me pass on some real life farming wisdom, don’t fill the damn cart so full.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

There isn’t a 1167MT…
And what Mwal said, or downsize to something like the Amazone Condor.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I’m assuming it’s a mod of the new version that would be the fendt version of the letterless mt867. They were after the release of 19
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

Or don’t drill up hill, go across the hill.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Mwal wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:24 pm I’m assuming it’s a mod of the new version that would be the fendt version of the letterless mt867. They were after the release of 19
Yes I know they were announced/released last year, I do loosely follow Ag/Tractor news.
Quick visit to Google shows no 1167MT mods. Unless he’s meaning the 1165MT that’s basegame (equivalent of the MT875E Challenger)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Just because it’s not on google doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist in private Facebook groups 😉
Rockery

Post by Rockery »

I apologize, its the 1165 MT. Number error, My bad 🤪

Normally I'd be good with seeding sideways but I have trees on both sides and helper H is really useless with any obstacles at all.

I guess I purposefully created it in order to force myself to get the biggest baddest tractor out there someday. Just a bit annoying that those tractors all slip and slide using the cultivator but the 1050 just soldiers on with minimal slip.

I'm testing everything right now and so far, both the 1165MT and challenger get up the hill but drop to 4kmph while doing it. Which is acceptable but not ideal. Will have more soon
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

This all reminded me of a video by farmer Mike Mitchell:

1050 vs 9620rx - Round 1 of some fun!
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

It actually reminded me of the following videos by Mike Mitchell where he is trying to do IRL what the OP is trying in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDrnAdxURvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqKMsjwJnWo
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Rockery

Post by Rockery »

I've actually started watching some of his videos, I quite enjoy what he does with then. Very interesting.

So I finished up my testing last night, the Case quadtrac and NH T9 smartrax mod both finished the field, dropping down to 7kph and 5kph respectively. So it looks like I will have to get the Case.

The other option is I have another similar sized field with less hill, which I can put the biggest Bourgalt drill onto. Then I can get the smaller one for the hilly field. On this other field the 1050 didn't slow down as much but of course it did the job at 13kph on a flat surface. So will need a 600+ tractor anyway
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Seed only downhill then?
Or, if using a helper, use a smaller seeder. After all, if a helper does it, you're probably doing something else anyways, an a few more laps on the field, shouldn't take more time as you'll have a higher speed
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...